Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help me catch the bug

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Have you put the pedals on the correct side? They usually have a 'L' and 'R' on them.

I would like to say yes but I'll double check in daylight tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you put the pedals on the correct side? They usually have a 'L' and 'R' on them.

The image says yes, adjuster is on the rear.

It should work. When you get it, be careful. Spend a few hours practicing at lights so you don't forget it 2hrs into a ride and hit the deck.

They look to be on the correct way around to me based on the pictures, and I assume you used the SH51 cleats that came with the pedals.

They are the dual sided ones right? You can ride with normal shoes on one side and cycling shoes on the other? Look to be very similar to one I used starting out if not the same.

Trying to think of how to describe the motion , you need to catch the pedal with the cleat and drop your heel.

Good advice from Ed E re: about practice, for me it was in the kitchen holding on to the counter and practising getting in and out and making adjustments to how easy it was to unclip before I headed out in them

I'll see if I can find the GCN video that helped me , it did a good job at explaining things. This isn't the one I have in mind but it's a start.

It's likely just the spring and angle you need to work on.

Advertisement