Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Greenland Express: Snow showers possible from Monday night

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Any chance getting back on topic in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭highdef

Can we get back on-topic please? I've re-quoted myself from further up the thread. I fear my comments and questions will be lost with the blizzard arguments:
    highdef wrote: »
    So the UK Met Office seem to be showing a lot snow showers in nearly all parts of the country and into tomorrow morning, with many getting all the way to the east.

What are people's opinions on this as if I were to go by the UK Met Office/BBC forecast, then I would expect to see snow on the ground first thing tomorrow morning in my home location on the Kildare/Meath border.

Netweather radar currently shows a lot of snow showers in Ulster with some pretty heavy and prolonged snow in Monaghan and Cavan, moving SE towards Louth.

Anyone in the north midlands able to confirm if it is indeed snowing there and if it is, is it sticking? Snow at this time of the day may bode very well for chances in other areas later tonight, assuming that the precipitation gets across the country pretty much unscathed, similar to the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭De Bild

Villain wrote: »
    Yes and your video reminded me of the fact that a lot of people were using the word Blizzard in recent days. If it was meant as reply to you I would have quoted your post, as well as climbing lug I have the ability to use boards correctly ;)

Who are you anyway? Just drop the 'i' two 'll's in your name and call yourself 'Vain'.

I have climbed Mount Kennedy in Canada. So you can take your Lug!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

highdef wrote: »
    Can we get back on-topic please? I've re-quoted myself from further up the thread. I fear my comments and questions will be lost with the blizzard arguments:

GFS High Res (4km) shows some heavier showers this evening but they are a very narrow band so really a now cast scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Villain wrote: »
    Yes and your video reminded me of the fact that a lot of people were using the word Blizzard in recent days. If it was meant as reply to you I would have quoted your post, as well as climbing lug I have the ability to use boards correctly ;)

Whatever:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mod Note:Interesting topic about blizzards, mountain micro climates and such but it is completely off topic.

This thread has run its course since yesterday and now veering off-topic. There is another thread about the potential for sleet and snow showers over the next 48 hours here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057831489

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement