Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd Neighbours

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Where did I say I was going to report him? It was a suggestion by another poster and I said I hadnt thought about it.
    I'm not sure if you're just a troll or what with your profile just registered and that being your only post... but if you're not and you automatically think a single guy buying a 4 bedroom house in an estate with kids is justification ro call him a paedo then that's just plain weird....and vindictive, it says a lot more about you, and wouldn't encourage me to in any way respect your opinion......why would you automatically jump to the worst possible conclusion?
    A scrote? What should a peace commissioner look like?

So basically from what you've said....a guy moved into a house, was called a paedo just because he is single with absolutely no other basis, and when that was found to be untrue then he is called a scrote in relation to being a peace commissioner....(which is a volunteer role with no pay and is there to do good in the community). So you and your neighbours have absolutely slated this guy for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Have you ever spoken to him or are you judging and making wild accusations from afar? You sound like more than just an odd neighbour.... you sound like a gossiping, spiteful and vindictive one. I'm actually shocked at your post. You really ago should go and take a look at yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

It is posts like this that make me so grateful to be living in the middle of nowhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

Caught my Dad's next neighbour of 30 odd years trying to rip off my elderly father for a small tree he got cut down on my Dad's property, some of the branches were extending over to his garden. When I mean small I could have cut it down myself, approx 9 foot I'd say. But he took it upon himself to get his gardener that was cutting his trees at the time to cut it down.

I came home to visit my dad one weekend near Christmas, because he was sick at the time. Dad sent me into the neighbour because he was demanding 250 euro for the cutting of the tree.
    I seen red. The same neighbour, let's call him Michael, had ripped me off years previous for a nixer i done for him. I never got paid for that nixer.

I knocked on his door around lunchtime one Sunday. When he answered I told him I was sent to pay him for the tree that was cut. Asked him how much it was, he said 250. I said could I get the number for his gardener and I'd pay his gardener direct. At this point he got extremely irrate and said he had paid him already, and that it was nothing to do with me and that the matter was between him and my father. I said it was everything to do with me because I was sent to pay for it and my father was too sick to deal with it. I asked how much the entire job was, for the cutting of all his trees. His entire garden was cut and trimmed, and for our one tree. He said €450. At this point I lost it. He was charging my Dad the bulk of the bill for 1 tree. I told him never to f&@#g grace our doorstep again, that he wouldn't be getting paid and slammed his own door in his own face.

He subsequently went crying and moaning to my elderly and very sick father about what a nasty son he had. It caused an awful rift for months between me and my Dad. Needles to say, I never paid him because I was in control of my Dad's finances from that point, because he became too ill.

Imagine, trying to rip off your elderly sick neighbour!

Michael, said neighbour, is a pious man, the attends mass everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Anonposter2020

We had the neighbours from hell and it started after i offered to collect their kids from school while I was collecting my own. The husband didn't work and the wife didn't drive and I would pass her every day in the car while she walked the kids to school in hail, rain or snow.

Biggest mistake I ever made. She started letting herself into our garden and then would knock on the door to ask if you could have stuff she'd seen in our garden, at least she asked though.. Had to put a lock on the gate.

Then she would ask for lifts into town all while her husbands car was sitting on the drive. Wouldn't have minded if it was occasional but it was a couple of times a week.

After her son battered my daughter with a hurley and she said nothing to him I distanced myself. He'd already thrown rocks at her and done/said things that were questionable. That's when she turned nasty. One day she came banging on our door screaming because our daughters FRIEND stood on her front lawn.

My kids couldn't even play in our back garden unless me or my husband was out there with them because she would intimidate them from an upstairs window. Shouting at them to be quiet while her own kids could scream like wild animals or sometimes just staring at them.

There's lots more I could add but I'd be here all day. I keep myself to myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beekeeper1

368100 wrote: »
    Where did I say I was going to report him? It was a suggestion by another poster and I said I hadnt thought about it.
    I'm not sure if you're just a troll or what with your profile just registered and that being your only post... but if you're not and you automatically think a single guy buying a 4 bedroom house in an estate with kids is justification ro call him a paedo then that's just plain weird....and vindictive, it says a lot more about you, and wouldn't encourage me to in any way respect your opinion......why would you automatically jump to the worst possible conclusion?
    A scrote? What should a peace commissioner look like?

So basically from what you've said....a guy moved into a house, was called a paedo just because he is single with absolutely no other basis, and when that was found to be untrue then he is called a scrote in relation to being a peace commissioner....(which is a volunteer role with no pay and is there to do good in the community). So you and your neighbours have absolutely slated this guy for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Have you ever spoken to him or are you judging and making wild accusations from afar? You sound like more than just an odd neighbour.... you sound like a gossiping, spiteful and vindictive one. I'm actually shocked at your post. You really ago should go and take a look at yourself.

I have 3 kids. I’m not going to apologise for being aware of who is living in my area. BUT when you’re a single person in your 20’s as I once was the VERY last place I’d be buying a house is in an estate jammed with screaming kids. And when that guy moves in and makes little effort to introduce himself to anyone,kits the house out in cameras and then has the cops there daily..... it’s not long before the neighbours question what yer mans story is.
    You say this neighbour of yours is in his 50’s so potentially been in the army 30+ Years and you’re going to maybe report him to his bosses cause he doesn’t say hello some days, and is odd......you call him an asshole for what exactly?
    And when someone suggested reporting him you replied”never thought of that”....”not ‘ hadn’t thought about it’ Which is completely different. Never thought of that .....ie .... oh Yes I could couldn’t I? Yet he’s the asshole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Long game is paying off. Theyve dumped their motor outside for a month now.
    Driveway getting done this week, ive moved the entrance to the other side so the car space wont exist in a few days.
    I probably wouldnt have flipped the entrance around if he never called in so i suppose i should thank him in the long run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Beekeeper1 wrote: »
    I have 3 kids. I’m not going to apologise for being aware of who is living in my area. BUT when you’re a single person in your 20’s as I once was the VERY last place I’d be buying a house is in an estate jammed with screaming kids. And when that guy moves in and makes little effort to introduce himself to anyone,kits the house out in cameras and then has the cops there daily..... it’s not long before the neighbours question what yer mans story is.
    You say this neighbour of yours is in his 50’s so potentially been in the army 30+ Years and you’re going to maybe report him to his bosses cause he doesn’t say hello some days, and is odd......you call him an asshole for what exactly?
    And when someone suggested reporting him you replied”never thought of that”....”not ‘ hadn’t thought about it’ Which is completely different. Never thought of that .....ie .... oh Yes I could couldn’t I? Yet he’s the asshole!

Firstly, you need to learn how to use the quotes function on boards.
    Secondly, why wouldn't a single person buy a house in an area with kids? Ever think maybe their intention or hopes are to have kids of their own?
    Also, most people put cameras up around their house these days, cheap way to keep property secure.
    Ever think maybe the person just wants to keep themselves to themselves? What Are you expecting? Them to go and knock on every door on the street to introduce themselves?
    You've had the explanation as to why the guards are there and you're still calling him a scrote etc.....you sound like a horrible horrible person.

If you read the OP properly you would see the problem was not about saying hello every day....At the end of the day, the neighbour used a threat, be it in some weird way in jest or not.....and my point was that it wasn't a nice way to welcome someone to the neighbourhood. If your kid bought a house and the next door neighbour said that to them you would just think it was hilarious would you??

You must live a sad life to be so suspicious about things.....maybe you should go and speak to someone about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Thread closed for mod review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement