Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW33+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    First “home “ game since they won title
    Against a side battling relegation
    Changes will be minimal
    Firmino maybe due to the fact he looks way off it
    I'm still trying to figure this out myself. This and whether Mahrez is a worthwhile option with Foden doing well in his minutes are the 2 subjects of my thoughts at the moment.

City ran them ragged tonight and they play like 66 hours from that against Villa, and then again for 3 day intervals for a few days after that.

All the things you said are true, but City will 100% be the biggest physical toll of the games they play for the rest of the year. It is the one where Klopp might genuinely be dicing with some of them for injuries if he does play them. There were alot of shadows chased tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

Very torn over this coming week. Have no Liverpool assets but I fancy them to smash Villa. Thinking of a free hit but one of my 2 free transfers goes to waste then. Decisions decisions..

Foden in for Grealish who is dropping in price tonight
    Hes still only 94.3 on Fplstatistics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Son and DCL out for Mahrez and Greenwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Fleck to Foden done. He may be benched but for his price and returns lately he's a no brainer.

Gomez was the original plan but after conceding 3 and been hooked at half time I'm worried Lovren will come in for him.

Will see whether he gets the nod against Villa before beciding whether to bring him in for my GW 34 bench boost.

• Advertisement

Fleck to Foden done. He may be benched but for his price and returns lately he's a no brainer.

Gomez was the original plan but after conceding 3 and been hooked at half time I'm worried Lovren will come in for him.

Will see whether he gets the nod against Villa before beciding whether to bring him in for my GW 34 bench boost.

I’d have been going for Foden the week after the one he’s benched rather than the one he plays. I’d say he’s a good bit south of 50% to start this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Think this could be a good week to free hit with Liverpool against Villa, United against Bournemouth, City against Southampton, Chelsea against Watford.

Hmm must start picking a team

kilburn wrote: »
    Think this could be a good week to free hit with Liverpool against Villa, United against Bournemouth, City against Southampton, Chelsea against Watford.

It is, but you will need to be careful with rotation too. Lots of games in quick succession so picking the ones that get away with it might be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

I fully expect to be up against FH teams in my 3 main leagues. Hopefully they will end up just more or less matching my team though as I am well set up for this week

Less chance of rotation I imagine with United & Chelsea so maybe Bruno, Rashford, AWB, Willian & Pulisic

Then Salah & Trent from Liverpool.

Mahrez should start so safe enough 8 there

• Advertisement

Less chance of rotation I imagine with United & Chelsea so maybe Bruno, Rashford, AWB, Willian & Pulisic

Then Salah & Trent from Liverpool.

Mahrez should start so safe enough 8 there
    Would alot of those not be players you had already? Or maybe you've a non-templatey team in which case you'd probably be better off avoiding putting yourself at risk of all the popular players going wild.

Only have Bruno & Rashford, have no Liverpool players.

Current team
    Martinez Nyland
    Maguire, Laporte, Doherty, Lund, Egan
    KDB, Bruno, Alli, Jack, Saka
    Auba, Jimmy, Rashford

Went Alli over Son hasn't worked out and put money in front 3 so midfield is a bit light.

Only have Bruno & Rashford, have no Liverpool players.

Current team
    Martinez Nyland
    Maguire, Laporte, Doherty, Lund, Egan
    KDB, Bruno, Alli, Jack, Saka
    Auba, Jimmy, Rashford

Yeah looks like a very good week for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

CSF wrote: »
    I’d have been going for Foden the week after the one he’s benched rather than the one he plays. I’d say he’s a good bit south of 50% to start this weekend.

On form it's Foden Sterling and Mahrez upfront but it's Pep so you are probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Took a -12 to get rid of deadwood. Going without Liverpool for now. Did McGinn to Foden, Grealish to Bruno, Gomez to AWB and Leno to Pope.

Team now:
    Pope Nyland
    Stevens Egan Lundstram AWB Doherty
    KDB Mahrez Foden Bruno Saka
    Auba Jimenez Rashford

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

90 this week and a big jump to 34k. Will now sell the man who was responsible for that jump Auba.

Auba was responsible for me too but I’ve Jota who had to go first. Was looking at the strikers, money was no option.
    I’ve a nephew staying with me at the minute so threw on the spurs game for him, watched about 10 minutes Kane did not look good, even the VAR goal, nice turn but a scuffed shot. So he’s a no.
    Vardy - Leicester are terrible
    Ings - awful fixtures
    Jimi - have
    Bobby - no
    Aguero - no
    DCL - lads seem to be dumping him
    Tammy - not starting
    Pukki - last return GW24
    Jesus - they’ve won 5-0 and 4-0 in their last three and he’s got one assist
    Rashford - I didn’t have him so an absolute no brainer for me. I know he’s not getting the returns Bruno and Martial are but United are playing well and he’s guaranteed to start

So that leaves me thinking that I’ll be keeping Auba for the season

Green&Red wrote: »
    Auba was responsible for me too but I’ve Jota who had to go first. Was looking at the strikers, money was no option.
    I’ve a nephew staying with me at the minute so threw on the spurs game for him, watched about 10 minutes Kane did not look good, even the VAR goal, nice turn but a scuffed shot. So he’s a no.
    Ings - awful fixtures
    Jimi - have
    Bobby - no
    Aguero - no
    Tammy - not starting
    Pukki - last return GW24
    Rashford - I didn’t have him so an absolute no brainer for me. I know he’s not getting the returns Bruno and Martial are but United are playing well and he’s guaranteed to start

I agree with a lot of this. I had a lot of fires to put out even though I am doing well lately so ended up keeping Auba. Not a lot of options up front now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

My season is petering out into nothing have dropped to near 1m from 500k at the restart the unlimited transfers really messed me up aswell as using my WC in the original gw37 team is in tatters plan this week was sterling to salah but rotation will have to happen for liverpool so not sure I'm happy laying out that kind of money going forward so free hitting this week looks like my best chance of a jump.

Current team is

Ddg

Robbo justin baldock

Sterling mount bowen martial

Rashers vardy jimmy

Drawn up a rough free hit team of

Ddg

Maguire vvd taa

Mahrez alli salah martial traore

Jesus giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Did Targett to Holgate before the changes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Green&Red wrote: »
    Ings - awful fixtures
    Jimi - have
    Bobby - no
    Aguero - no
    Tammy - not starting
    Pukki - last return GW24

Ye options are bleak. Im probably going to do auba to greenwood, saar to martial and cantwell to mahrez. It gives me a front 8 of kdb mahrez salah martial bruno greenwood DCL jiminez. Ill bench DCL this week but dont think KDB will start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think ditching Liverpool players would be a bit mad based on last night alone. It was one game, up against a team that can make anyone look bad when they're on form. This is still the team that is essentially relentlessly winning every game they play, the best defence in the league and only a shade off City going forward.

Salah hit the post at 0-0. The game could've gone differently. It was an even first half imo, and then the legs and the heads went in the second half. Attacking City like that can bring you rewards but can also lead to you getting spanked which is what happened last night.

I think Liverpool will be hurt by that. Salah is still going for golden boot. I can see why you might want to go to 3 Liverpool players, but imo Salah and a defender is still well worth it, some nice fixtures in the next 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I'm keeping Mane and TAA. Last night was a hiding to nothing. They won't be that bad every week

Martial and Connolly

Or

Antonio and Greenwood

They’ll be starting in my first 11.

Mostly for this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Martial and Connolly

Or

Antonio and Greenwood

Mostly for this GW.

Probably prefer the 2nd option for me, i think you've got 2 players with a good chance of returning there. Toss up though. Connolly is a great enabler but wouldn't feel great about starting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Martial and Connolly

Or

Antonio and Greenwood

Mostly for this GW.

At the risk of looking silly I think bowen is the west ham player to be considering antonio looks great but his finishing is questionable at best. Bowen is on corners and looks the most natural finisher in the team atm was unlucky not to score against spurs last week

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

2nd in a very close league.

On a free hit. Looking at
    Pope/Henderson
    Wan-B. Fernandez. Gomez
    Salah. Son. Traore. Fernandez.
    Rashford. Firmino. Jimi.

Subs: lascelles, cantwell, Egan

All comments welcome.

Icaras wrote: »

Pope/Henderson
    Wan-B. Fernandez. Gomez
    Rashford. Firmino. Jimi.

All comments welcome.

Not sure about Gomez after last night, he was subbed at half time. Not sure about Firmino either, he would be a good differential if he delivered. Can you not afford Doherty?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Tempted to go with Pogba over Bruno for the differential

Any Utd fans have any input on how likely Pogba is to get minutes between now and the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Need a path away from Lundstram in defense I think. Wonder if Garcia at city will get a reasonable run at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Icaras wrote: »

Pope/Henderson
    Wan-B. Fernandez. Gomez
    Rashford. Firmino. Jimi.

All comments welcome.

If you are using a FH, you need to get more money into your starting XI. No need for Pope and Henderson. Downgrade one to Nyland/Martinez. They will only play if Pope doesnt, which is highly unlikely.

I'd dump Firmino and Cantwell and go Mahrez and Nketiah and play 3-5-2. Bin Gomez for Doherty or VVD, downgrading Egan to a non playing 4.0 if needed.

That gives:

Pope
    AWB, Doherty/VVD, Fernandez
    Salah, Son, Mahrez, Traore, Fernandes
    Jimenez, Rashford

4.3m playing keeper, Lascelles, Nketiah, Crap.

Advertisement