Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW33+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is there anything to be said for Jesus?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Any glaring faults with this team?

Pope (Martin)

Aurier, Alonso, Saiss (Holgate, Simpson)

KDB, Salah, Sterling, Pulisic (Dendonker)

Jesus, Kane, Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Any glaring faults with this team?

Pope (Martin)

Aurier, Alonso, Saiss (Holgate, Simpson)

KDB, Salah, Sterling, Pulisic (Dendonker)

Jesus, Kane, Greenwood

Assume you're on a WC?

It's not a bad team but it does have a glaring fault yes - lack of United players. They're on great form, have fantastic fixtures and have something to play for.

Going without Fernandes is a seriously brave call given his recent returns. I would then also think that a United defensive player is worth it, or else consider investing in Martial.

Sterling imo is way overpriced - Mahrez looks like he is getting as many minutes and possibly better returns, for a huge amount less investment so this seems a call i find it hard to get behind.

No TAA again is a bit of a risk when you look at his points this season. Maybe it'll work out as there might be some rotation, but a huge risk.

I like this team if you are currently in a situation where you're 50 points behind your ML rival who has a fairly template team. It's a good risky/differential team (people talk a lot about differentials throughout the season but now is the time where it can actually make sense to go with differentials).

If you're going with a team just to get the most points you think is likely however, then there's a fair few holes in it as outlined above

FitzShane wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for Jesus?

Definitely a lot to be said for him with Aguero out. I don't rate him that highly as a player but he's CF for City. They can play others there, but I'd still expect him to start more than he doesn't. When he does start he does tend to return regular points. Not humongous hauls like Aguero but solid amounts of goals/assists.

Added to this is that he's a striker and it's hard to find good strikers at the moment compared to midfielders (i.e. there's lots of great mid and cheap priced midfileders but very few mid-cheap priced strikers, so might make sense to move more funds into attack on someone like Jesus).

I'm considering him on a WC, but he does take up a City spot. KDB is still a must, Mahrez seems great value right now and returning really well. Then you have Foden at 5.2 who is getting very involved in the action and you'd imagine Pep will want to give game time too in these fairly pointless games for them.

So it's really hard to let go one of the above 3 mids, but I might ditch Foden for someone like Saint Maximin and go with Jesus.

I'll be having a close look at Jesus and Kane tonight, I'm strongly considering one of them ahead of Jimenez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

km79 wrote: »
    Greenwood possibly rising Vardy possibly falling tonight
    Just in case funds are tight

Alright for funds. Selling Vardy will free up 4 odd mill. Team currently is:

Henderson
    TAA Boly Egan
    Martial Traore Salah KDB
    Vardy Ings PEA

Button Lundstram Dendonker Williams

I have BB left to play so i was going to try get better bench players in (ie. starters) and play that towards the end of season. I'm very undecided what to do with Vardy & PEA. Top of my leagues and want to stay there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I think some people could be missing a trick going with Pulisic over Willian. He’s got some great scores since the return. I might go in on him myself for Sarr.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Definitely a lot to be said for him with Aguero out. I don't rate him that highly as a player but he's CF for City. They can play others there, but I'd still expect him to start more than he doesn't. When he does start he does tend to return regular points. Not humongous hauls like Aguero but solid amounts of goals/assists.

Added to this is that he's a striker and it's hard to find good strikers at the moment compared to midfielders (i.e. there's lots of great mid and cheap priced midfileders but very few mid-cheap priced strikers, so might make sense to move more funds into attack on someone like Jesus).

I'm considering him on a WC, but he does take up a City spot. KDB is still a must, Mahrez seems great value right now and returning really well. Then you have Foden at 5.2 who is getting very involved in the action and you'd imagine Pep will want to give game time too in these fairly pointless games for them.

So it's really hard to let go one of the above 3 mids, but I might ditch Foden for someone like Saint Maximin and go with Jesus.

I'll be having a close look at Jesus and Kane tonight, I'm strongly considering one of them ahead of Jimenez.

I'm strangely looking at Firmino. Villa at home will be a nice fixture for him. Also, Firmino will want to score at Anfield eventually this season. Villa, Brighton, Burnley are nice fixtures to have. Even Firmino likes a goal against Arsenal too, and away from home! But there is the big risk of rotation and I think he is the biggest risk from the front 3 at Liverpool, injuries aside. I think that Klopp will want to integrate Minamino into that central role alongside Salah & Mane out wide eventually before the end of the season. It's just a matter of when. I'm half talking myself out of Firmino here at the same time.

At this point, I'm between Jesus, Ings & Firmino. Probably in that order too. Will see how they fare tonight first. If Jesus doesn't start tonight, I will worry for him starting enough games to warrant buying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Cheers guys.

So Rashford before Greenwood.

I’d agree that James should be a threat for minutes.

I’m not too concerned about my 3rd spot as I’ll have Fernandes and Rashford and my defence is already full.

I won’t buy Martial, even though I started the season with him and rate him savage, because there’s no way I expect him to stay fit. Not a chance unfortunately.

Edit - money no problem as will probably be carrying a couple of million for the remainder

Rashford hasn't looked to be fully back/match fit to me since the return. It could click for him but it would be Martial over him for me.

I'm strangely looking at Firmino. Villa at home will be a nice fixture for him. Also, Firmino will want to score at Anfield eventually this season. Villa, Brighton, Burnley are nice fixtures to have. Even Firmino likes a goal against Arsenal too, and away from home! But there is the big risk of rotation and I think he is the biggest risk from the front 3 at Liverpool, injuries aside. I think that Klopp will want to integrate Minamino into that central role alongside Salah & Mane out wide eventually before the end of the season. It's just a matter of when. I'm half talking myself out of Firmino here at the same time.

At this point, I'm between Jesus, Ings & Firmino. Probably in that order too. Will see how they fare tonight first. If Jesus doesn't start tonight, I will worry for him starting enough games to warrant buying him.

Yeah I can see why Firmino is tempting, but it's 6 blanks in a row for him now. That's some pretty awful form for 9.5 (I mean he's playing well in these matches but his game is not all about goals and assists).

Firmino has pretty steady numbers over his time at Liverpool. And actually so does Jesus at City. They are pretty comparable, except that Jesus is doing in roughly 1500 minutes what Firmino is doing in 2500 minutes. My guess is that they will likely get similar amount of minutes from now until the end of season (Jesus more than usual with Aguero out, Firmino less than usual with the title wrapped up and wanting to see how Minamino gets on in that role) - if I'm right on this (or you agree with this) then I think it's impossible to justify Firmino over Jesus.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah I can see why Firmino is tempting, but it's 6 blanks in a row for him now. That's some pretty awful form for 9.5 (I mean he's playing well in these matches but his game is not all about goals and assists).

Firmino has pretty steady numbers over his time at Liverpool. And actually so does Jesus at City. They are pretty comparable, except that Jesus is doing in roughly 1500 minutes what Firmino is doing in 2500 minutes. My guess is that they will likely get similar amount of minutes from now until the end of season (Jesus more than usual with Aguero out, Firmino less than usual with the title wrapped up and wanting to see how Minamino gets on in that role) - if I'm right on this (or you agree with this) then I think it's impossible to justify Firmino over Jesus.

I think you just confirmed my thinking so, of having Jesus instead of Firmino.

Even at the very least, as you said, Jesus is more likely to actually start games. Man City will have to play Jesus into form in preparation for the Fa Cup and, more importantly for them, the Champions League.

• Advertisement

I think you just confirmed my thinking so, of having Jesus instead of Firmino.

Even at the very least, as you said, Jesus is more likely to actually start games. Man City will have to play Jesus into form in preparation for the Fa Cup and, more importantly for them, the Champions League.

Yeah may have talked myself into Jesus too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I think some people could be missing a trick going with Pulisic over Willian. He’s got some great scores since the return. I might go in on him myself for Sarr.

Two pens and a free kick that should have been saved. Pulisic looks like Chelsea's most dangerous player and offers more in open play

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

siblers wrote: »
    Two pens and a free kick that should have been saved. Pulisic looks like Chelsea's most dangerous player and offers more in open play

Pulisic seems a bit of a 'Salah' for BPs to be honest.

2 assists last night and didn't make the top 10. Got a goal v City and was 5th.

Willian has all set pieces.

Chelsea are an enigma to be honest.

In the top 4, with lots of competitively priced players, have something to play for, very tasty fixtures. Should usually be thinking about 2 players really on WC and yet I'm struggling to talk myself into any of their players:

- Giroud/Abraham: Both nicely priced but we're not sure who is first choice and it's not like either are really worth the risk as they probably won't set the world aflame if they do start regularly

- Pulisic/Willian: I think both the posters above make good points as to why not to pick these players. Willian looks a great choice when you look at his form, but Chelsea won't get penalties every game. His returns are consistently pretty poor for an attacking winger at a top club through the last few years. Pulisic we don't know all that much about. I think I'd lean towards Pulisic of the two.

- Defence: They just don't seem to keep many clean sheets which is always your starting point. Christensen might be good value but isn't 100% nailed on and doesn't offer any attacking threat. Alonso an old favourite and back starting again but expensive at 6.2. Azpi a good attacking threat too and a bit cheaper but struggling to include these players ahead of a possible Gomez or VVD who are keeping clean sheets week in week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I know I've no chance with roulette but a Foden/Greenwood rotation is beautiful

GW33+ Greenwood Home V Bournemouth
    GW34+ Foden Home V Newcastle (or Greenwood Away V Villa)
    GW35+ Greenwood Home V Southampton
    GW36+ Foden Home V Bournemouth
    GW37+ Greenwood Home V West Ham (or Foden Away V Watford)
    GW38+ Foden Home V Norwich

Even if one gets rotated the alternative is a nice fixture either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Liverpool players out, i only have one but he's gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sawduck wrote: »
    Liverpool players out, i only have one but he's gone now

I expect a big reaction
    They were a disgrace tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yeah, I'll hold Pool players for the next game. I expect a reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Very tempted with Foden. Even off the bench he is capable of decent scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Me too, think I will upgrade my cheap mid to him and go 3-5-2. Their fixtures are unreal and he will get plenty of game time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Plus it's Villa up next!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Reaction could be to put out the kids! He won't let that slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    Reaction could be to put out the kids! He won't let that slide.

First “home “ game since they won title
    Against a side battling relegation
    Changes will be minimal
    Firmino maybe due to the fact he looks way off it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    First “home “ game since they won title
    Against a side battling relegation
    Changes will be minimal
    Firmino maybe due to the fact he looks way off it

Your 2nd point there is the massive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah but that would be him and KDB as potential bench each week. Think I'll concentrate on Chelsea, United, Wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

dsmythy wrote: »
    Your 2nd point there is the massive one.

Do they get presented with the trophy? That could make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Do they get presented with the trophy? That could make a difference.

No, they get it at the Chelsea game.

No way I’m going without Liverpool players this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Out - DCL, Ritchie and McCarthy

In - Greenwood, AWB and a functioning goalkeeper.

Would be for a -4.....could chance holding McCarthy for another week and banking the hit but main rivals all have Pope

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Foden in for Grealish who is dropping in price tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Missed the matches today.
    How was Son tonight?
    Should we forget about Liverpool assets after the Villa game?

Martial in for Son could be back on the cards. And then perhaps Son back in for Salah the week after. Might be madness but fcuk it at this stage!

Advertisement