Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm probably going to wildcard now already on a -4 and I still don't have sterling. My two worst seasons are the last two seasons . They are the only two seasons I held my wildcard past gw4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'm probably going to wildcard now already on a -4 and I still don't have sterling. My two worst seasons are the last two seasons . They are the only two seasons I held my wildcard past gw4.
    I always wildcard early. Served me better more times than not. If you know who you want now and have a strategy in place, why make your OR suffer any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I always wildcard early. Served me better more times than not. If you know who you want now and have a strategy in place, why make your OR suffer any longer.

Yea I'm the same. I think I've always used it in GW 3 or 4 and this year I'm no different. I'm on this at the moment:

Pope
    Van Djik Zinchenko Wan Bissaka Digne
    Sterling De Bruyne Mane Martial
    Barnes Pukki

Subs - Ceballos Lundstrum Wickham

I'm going back to a strong defence and midfield and cheap forwards with 1 good sub who'll I'll rotate as it worked well last season for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yea I'm the same. I think I've always used it in GW 3 or 4 and this year I'm no different. I'm on this at the moment:

Pope
    Barnes Pukki

I'm going back to a strong defence and midfield and cheap forwards with 1 good sub who'll I'll rotate as it worked well last season for me.

My wildcard team is basically the same except with Son, Dunk, Walker-Peters and Suyuncu for Ceballos, Van-Dijk, Zinchenko and Digne. I'm in two minds whether Son is worth all those downgrades to defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    lads, i'd really caution against playing the WC now. I see it every year, a scramble to get the early starters on a WC in weeks 2/3 only for those players to have shot their load by weeks 7/8 when the true season keepers have emerged.

For me it's down to taking a few too many punts and if I hadn't wildcarded I'd be stuck with a few guys losing value and not Guaranteed starts despite medium values. Also built the team with planned transfers in mind which in hindsight was foolish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

My wildcard team is basically the same except with Son, Dunk, Walker-Peters and Suyuncu for Ceballos, Van-Dijk, Zinchenko and Digne. I'm in two minds whether Son is worth all those downgrades to defence.

I think you have the best 4.5 defenders there but they definitely won't outscore the likes of Digne and Van Djik. It all comes down to what you expect Son to do. Personally I think 1 of Ceballos, Trossard or Mount will prove better value over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Chesty08 wrote: »
    The 1 striker doesn’t just sit well with me. It’s 2 transfers or more to get a striker who hits form.

Is Mount more valuable then Pukki,King, Barnes etc... I’m not so sure

I’d go with a Utd defender over Zinchenko.

All said though I like the midfielder 4 & striker

Thanks for feedback. Downgraded Salah to Mane originally. Now looking at downgrading Mane to Firmino which would give me a more balanced team:

Pope

Laporte AWB Digne (Lundstrum Kelly)

Sterling KDB Martial Mount McGinn

Kane Firmino (Greenwood)

I’m just gonna drive myself crazy tinkering for next 3 days I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Dearg81 wrote: »

Pope
    Barnes Pukki

Really like the look of that team.

Pope Ryan

Digne taa dunk awb Lundstram

Sterling Mane martial cebellos Cantwell

Rashford Pukki Barnes

Amy views on this team?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Pope Ryan

Rashford Pukki Barnes

Amy views on this team?

Very nice. How about ditching Ryan and TAA for Button and VVD to allow an upgrade of Dunk to Zinchenko?

• Advertisement

Very nice. How about ditching Ryan and TAA for Button and VVD to allow an upgrade of Dunk to Zinchenko?

I can switch dunk and awb to Zinchenko and maitland niles?

I can switch dunk and awb to Zinchenko and maitland niles?

Not sure about Arsenal’s defence. And Maitland-Niles could lose his spot eventually so could be a transfer waiting to happen.

Do you usually rotate keepers? I would just go with Pope and avoid the headache of choosing which one to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

Pope Ryan

Rashford Pukki Barnes

Amy views on this team?

My wildcard team is currently very similar. We have identical midfield and also gone for Digne, Dunk and Lundstram at the back and Pukki and Barnes up front.

I've picked Kane over Rashford as I think he is worth the extra money and wanted to bring him in over the first few weeks anyway. He is likely to be captain some weeks and my main league rival has him so it's good to keep pace there as well. Not sure I would ever captain Rashford.

I've dropped TAA as I think the Liverpool defense is not as good as it was last season. As I have put more money elsewhere in the team I only have 4.8mill for this position and it is currently on Pieters but this could change.

Also going for Zinchenko over Wan Bissaka as I think City will have more clean sheets.
    I'm sticking with set and forget Ederson as first choice goalkeeper as he has gone up in value and I still think he will be one of the top scoring goalkeepers over the full season. Only have Button on the goalkeeping bench because he is 4mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thanks for feedback. Downgraded Salah to Mane originally. Now looking at downgrading Mane to Firmino which would give me a more balanced team:

Pope

Laporte AWB Digne (Lundstrum Kelly)

Sterling KDB Martial Mount McGinn

Kane Firmino (Greenwood)

I’m just gonna drive myself crazy tinkering for next 3 days I think.

It’s a tough one. I like your double up of City mids, I like Kane, the only thing I don’t like is Firmino.

He just isn’t explosive enough FF wise (I could be wrong). But the way I see it, Mane outscores him by 70 points last year & is 2mill more. That’s a lot of points for 2mil IMO.

I think there is value in the budget defenders pre Xmas so I think you should make a call on only 2 premium defenders and utilize the cash up further.

That’s what I would do personally

Not sure about Arsenal’s defence. And Maitland-Niles could lose his spot eventually so could be a transfer waiting to happen.

Do you usually rotate keepers? I would just go with Pope and avoid the headache of choosing which one to pick.

Yep I like to rotate keepers. Pope and Ryan give me a keeper with a home match every week

macraignil wrote: »
    My wildcard team is currently very similar. We have identical midfield and also gone for Digne, Dunk and Lundstram at the back and Pukki and Barnes up front.

I've picked Kane over Rashford as I think he is worth the extra money and wanted to bring him in over the first few weeks anyway. He is likely to be captain some weeks and my main league rival has him so it's good to keep pace there as well. Not sure I would ever captain Rashford.

I've dropped TAA as I think the Liverpool defense is not as good as it was last season. As I have put more money elsewhere in the team I only have 4.8mill for this position and it is currently on Pieters but this could change.

Also going for Zinchenko over Wan Bissaka as I think City will have more clean sheets.
    I'm sticking with set and forget Ederson as first choice goalkeeper as he has gone up in value and I still think he will be one of the top scoring goalkeepers over the full season. Only have Button on the goalkeeping bench because he is 4mill.

Agree ré kane só I've swapped taa and rashford out for dunk and kane

Pope Ryan

Digne dunk Zinchenko Maitland-Niles Lundstram

Kane Pukki Barnes

Happy with that myself

Yep I like to rotate keepers. Pope and Ryan give me a keeper with a home match every week

Fair enough so. At least you have security if one of your keepers gets injured.

Considering this with my WC
    488648.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I have the same except I have Kane instead of Son.
    Adrian instead of Pope

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭irishrepeat2

Pope (button)
    Mina, Dunk, Pieters (Kelly, Lundstram)
    Salah, Sterling, Martial, Ceballos (Cantwell)
    Kane, Rashford, Pukki

Thoughts guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Surely if ye're going rotating keepers one of them has to be Adrian? 4.5 and playing for the best defence in the league from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Considering this with my WC
    488648.png

Love the midfield, don't think there's much need for Rashford though when you have Martial.

Maybe Barnes there and an extra premium defender ahead of Pieters or Dunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Surely if ye're going rotating keepers one of them has to be Adrian? 4.5 and playing for the best defence in the league from last season.

Depends if you have 3 Liverpool earmarked

Haven’t changed in a day

488713.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Green&Red wrote: »
    Haven’t changed in a day

488713.png

Chelsea defender. That’s a punt

Love the midfield, don't think there's much need for Rashford though when you have Martial.

Maybe Barnes there and an extra premium defender ahead of Pieters or Dunk?

Rashers was just a filler as his price was looking like rising...

Would love to get Kane in the team for rashers, but would require some defensive downgrades

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Chelsea defender. That’s a punt

I’m torn on him
    Pieters is the other option, would give me another 0.5m

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m torn on him
    Pieters is the other option, would give me another 0.5m

Pieters due to rise tonight i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

How much longer will Pieters hold that place?

• Advertisement

jay0109 wrote: »
    How much longer will Pieters hold that place?

Have heard from someone based in/around Burnley that Pieters was pushing Taylor before the season and his started strong. Dysch seems to value form and his loyal to his players.

Advertisement