Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Quote a Day........

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

iniall wrote: »
    "Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it."
    - Mark Twain

There should be a thread dedicated to Mark Twain quotes.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”

“Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”

“Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”

“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

- All Mark Twain

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

"A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one and a half times his own weight in other people's patience." - John Updike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

GerB40 wrote: »
    There should be a thread dedicated to Mark Twain quotes.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”

“Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”

“Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”

“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

- All Mark Twain

When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different - CS Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ScottScott

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” - Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

In battle, in forest, at the precipice in the mountains,
    On the dark great sea, in the midst of javelins and arrows,
    In sleep, in confusion, in the depths of shame,
    The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

The Bhagavad Gita

• Registered Users Posts: 28 isntlee

'Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence' Napoleon Bonaparte

(well, he didn't say it but some folk believe, wrongly, that he did)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

A statement true in all circumstance, open to opinions otherwise,
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here
    here

This too shall pass

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So I disappear a lot - Bob Dylan

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

“You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.” - Cormac McCarthy

• Advertisement

"Absence, the highest form of presence." - James Joyce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

"The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind." - Nietzsche

"No man is so old as to believe he cannot live one more year." - Sean O'Casey

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

"Saying nothing sometimes says the most." ~ Emily Dickinson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sherry Baby

"Would you ever ****off for once. Just for one day and stop annoying me" - me

"Words are all we have." - Samuel Beckett

Advertisement