Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

T.J. was the Sing Street also as the head the ball roadie of the band.. Was very good in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It just goes to show you how awful the writers are, they can't be consistent.... They need to cut down on the number of writers they have and just keep it to one or two.... It's crazy having so many of them! .. They might be able to keep their artwork.

Nice to see some humour too : the camp wedding planner talking to Doug as if he was a gay man....we need more comic interludes like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Strazdas wrote: »
    Nice to see some humour too : the camp wedding planner talking to Doug as if he was a gay man....we need more comic interludes like this

There was a camp wedding planner like that in Mrs Browns boys. Funnily enough for the Rory character who is now playing Bosco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Qrt wrote: »
    Yeah... I was being a tad sarcastic. We’ve learnt he’s a pathological liar, so forgive me if I take this story of his with a pinch of salt. I really don’t like this whole “gay” thing...like, they couldn’t have been a bit more realistic and had him identify as bisexual? I mean, in my experience, repressed homosexuality isn’t as common as repressed bisexuality, especially not in his age range anyway. Def looking too deeply into it but that’s my two cents.

"There's no such thing as bisexuality, it's just greed"

Lynda la Hughes (Gimme, Gimme, Gimme)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maurv2

Did I miss something about how your man ended up in Kat's attic?:confused:

It's hard to get Mrs Brown's Boys out of your mind when Rory Cowan appears. Ridiculous casting and useless actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭jos28

maurv2 wrote: »

It's hard to get Mrs Brown's Boys out of your mind when Rory Cowan appears. Ridiculous casting and useless actor.

Agreed, I was really hoping his appearance was a one off. I can't bear watching him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

You forget, he is also an RTE lovie and lifer, JD will always have him on regarding LGBT issues
    I cant stand the way he is so catty and dismissive regarding MBB's yet he has the name of the poxy show on his ****e book he is hawking at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do Cass and Rose not talk anymore same with Katy and Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Enjoying this at the moment. Ciaran and Will great characters. Agree though about Rory Cowan. He is EXACTLY the same as on Mrs Brown's Boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Same. How did Ciarawwwn get into the attic?
    Thought I'd missed an episode too.
    I don't like Rory Cowan and bad an all as FC is he just doesn't add anything to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

You forget, he is also an RTE lovie and lifer, JD will always have him on regarding LGBT issues
    I cant stand the way he is so catty and dismissive regarding MBB's yet he has the name of the poxy show on his ****e book he is hawking at the moment

He would be nothing if it wasn't for Mrs brown's boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Rory Cowan is a joke of a person, a ludicrous buffoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe his feud with Twink will appear on screen!

He would be nothing if it wasn't for Mrs brown's boys.

I sent a very trolling tweet to him and Fair City,
    Ill give it 15 mins before it deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I know it was mentioned before, but it really is comical(and not in the funny sense) how Mairead is meeting her ex Wills all the time and going for drinks, inviting for dinner etc. When Damo questions anything, she practically lashes out at him.

Ciaran hiding in attic ...wtf??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

How did Ciaran get in the attic? :confused:

I get the impression he fell out in some way with the MBB people. His departure was abrupt and he said something recently about not keeping in touch with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I sent a very trolling tweet to him and Fair City,
    Ill give it 15 mins before it deleted

What was the tweet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭jos28

Strazdas wrote: »
    I get the impression he fell out in some way with the MBB people. His departure was abrupt and he said something recently about not keeping in touch with them.

He strikes me as a nasty sort of person

• Advertisement

Guys I think Ciaran is going kidnap
    Rose
    !

Guys I think Ciaran is going kidnap
    Rose
    !
    Katy takes his sister hostage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

jos28 wrote: »
    He strikes me as a nasty sort of person

He's actually a very nice person. Started out as a booking agent and in fact, gave BOC one of his earliest gigs.

He was on tour in Australia when his mother took seriously ill and was told he couldn't travel home - if she had died, he could have a week off.....

He's not a great actor by any stretch of the imagination but had not been happy with the constant traveling for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Tommy Dillon is living down the other end of that attic :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Kierans coming down to have a dump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Ciaran please kidnap Bosco (the bigger puppet version) and put him in a box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,635 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

First time watching an episode of Fair City in years -

Characters seem obsessed with "going for walks."

"We're being vigilant" - Why don't you check your fcking attic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

If the hatch to the attic is in Katy's bedroom, how did Kieron get down once Katie and Rose had fallen asleep? A big jump? No Stira in sight!

Not that the writers give any time to logic or facts, but he suddenly appeared in the room having been spying from above in the previous scene, wtf?

Why has Bosco moved to Dublin?
    Is it to look after Rose or is it to to get a job in Spar and pay Dublin rent rates?

Rory Bosco looks very pale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Just struck me that Katie has quite a bit in common with Bosco having spent a year living in a box...

• Advertisement

Are Eoin and Katie deaf or is there another reason why only Rose hears Ciarán in the attic??

Bosco and Cristiano would make a lovely couple.

I did not ever think Jane would fess up to receiving double wages, she is money mad

Hughie back on the sauce

Cash_Q wrote: »
    If the hatch to the attic is in Katy's bedroom, how did Kieron get down once Katie and Rose had fallen asleep? A big jump? No Stira in sight!

Not that the writers give any time to logic or facts, but he suddenly appeared in the room having been spying from above in the previous scene, wtf?

There was a quick glimpse of a ladder, but why would they leave that down in the bedroom all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Cash_Q wrote: »

There was a Stira. You must have missed it. They make loads of noise and need to be let down from below. (Although I've never tried to let mine down while being locked in the attic!) I can't see how he could go up the Stairs and pull it up after him either.

bazermc wrote: »
    Bosco and Cristiano would make a lovely couple.

Spoiler for 3 weeks time. You leaked it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jesus, it looks like Bosco is going to be a FC regular, what with him getting a job in the Spar, I can't stand him.

Spoiler for 3 weeks time. You leaked it now.

Will is going to be furious when he finds out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

The Ciaran in the attic thing is nonsense tbf. Noone hears him moving around...not even slightly believable.

And as for Christiano, he's going out with will about 6 months, disappeared for 6 weeks, and didn't give a continental about Will, but he's now stuck in a physically abusive relationship with him?. Surely in real life, he'd have just left. No kids involved, not married, barely together a few months.

I know domestic abuse takes many forms, and people react differently and stay for differing reasons, but this is a little hard to believe imo.

And as for the addition of Mr brown's boys, he can't act for nuts....seriously. such a poor addition to the cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Jesus, it looks like Bosco is going to be a FC regular, what with him getting a job in the Spar, I can't stand him.

Not even a hint of a CV for such jobs on FC; "Hi, I'm XY, I'm looking for a job, is there anything going?" seems to be sufficient and no questions're asked about experience, qualifications etc.

Not to mention the newbie's let go back into office to check roster before he's even officially started.

Sometimes FC & logic're like North & South Poles they're that far apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Ciaran please kidnap Bosco (the bigger puppet version) and put him in a box.

A pine box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

tototoe wrote: »
    The Ciaran in the attic thing is nonsense tbf. Noone hears him moving around...not even slightly believable.

And as for Christiano, he's going out with will about 6 months, disappeared for 6 weeks, and didn't give a continental about Will, but he's now stuck in a physically abusive relationship with him?. Surely in real life, he'd have just left. No kids involved, not married, barely together a few months.

I know domestic abuse takes many forms, and people react differently and stay for differing reasons, but this is a little hard to believe imo.

And as for the addition of Mr brown's boys, he can't act for nuts....seriously. such a poor addition to the cast.

Because Will is manipulating. Chris is probably like how can I leave him , he gave up his family to be with me, also they are living together so not as clear cut as them just dating each other for a few months but obviously Chris should leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Not even a hint of a CV for such jobs on FC; "Hi, I'm XY, I'm looking for a job, is there anything going?" seems to be sufficient and no questions're asked about experience, qualifications etc.

Not to mention the newbie's let go back into office to check roster before he's even officially started.

Sometimes FC & logic're like North & South Poles they're that far apart.

To be fair, it’s a job in Spar. He’s not going after a Hayley-type PR job.

Why has Bosco moved to Dublin?
    Is it to look after Rose or is it to to get a job in Spar and pay Dublin rent rates?

No its because his **** roll of a book has panned and Joe Duffy and Dee gave him a job

Quick question is Bosco gay? or are we all just assuming it?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Niall_76

happyday wrote: »
    There was a Stira. You must have missed it. They make loads of noise and need to be let down from below. (Although I've never tried to let mine down while being locked in the attic!) I can't see how he could go up the Stairs and pull it up after him either.

Don’t feel bad about missing the stairs/stira.. Eoghan didn’t notice it either when checking on the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Niall_76

tototoe wrote: »

He’s also a fair bit bigger than Will and apparently a super sporty guy now so wouldn’t expect him to allow Will to do him damage.

I don’t think it’s similar to the Damian-Suzanne situation as it doesn’t involve the history of family violence or the issue of striking women that Damian faced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This whole Chris/Will story is terribly acted and represented. I really don't know where all the salivating and gushing are coming from, then again people actually think Carol is a good actress so standards aren't very high. The character of Chris is just so pathetic and clingy, he only has one default expression, a cheeky grin and he uses it in almost every scene.
    The guy who plays Will isn't an awful actor but this whole story came from literally nowhere and is clearly a box-ticking exercise from the 100 script writers to say they tackled same sex domestic abuse. Plus there are so many inconsistencies. Damien and Chris are all of a sudden BFF? Since when did they ever bother with each other? Plus in the space of one episode, Damien copped what was going on, not to mention that there has been practically no build up to Will being violent. I think he acted strange for 3 episodes and then starting laying into him. A joke and an insult for real sufferers.
    But no doubt people will be screaming that they deserve an award :confused::rolleyes:

This whole Chris/Will story is terribly acted and represented. I really don't know where all the salivating and gushing are coming from, then again people actually think Carol is a good actress so standards aren't very high. The character of Chris is just so pathetic and clingy, he only has one default expression, a cheeky grin and he uses it in almost every scene.
    The guy who plays Will isn't an awful actor but this whole story came from literally nowhere and is clearly a box-ticking exercise from the 100 script writers to say they tackled same sex domestic abuse. Plus there are so many inconsistencies. Damien and Chris are all of a sudden BFF? Since when did they ever bother with each other? Plus in the space of one episode, Damien copped what was going on, not to mention that there has been practically no build up to Will being violent. I think he acted strange for 3 episodes and then starting laying into him. A joke and an insult for real sufferers.
    But no doubt people will be screaming that they deserve an award :confused::rolleyes:

Well said.

• Advertisement

Quick question is Bosco gay? or are we all just assuming it?

Assuming

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement