Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

I'm still testing the box.
    It's a bit raw at the moment , ie enhanced software is limited but slowly becoming available. Does run well and the processor is extremely fast. I think it will retail around the same price as the Amiko 8900 and if it does it will be extremely good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

The hdd is a Seagate 500gb, maybe there is a compatibility issue? Will try format on laptop and see

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Imstuck wrote: »
    The hdd is a Seagate 500gb, maybe there is a compatibility issue? Will try format on laptop and see

ive a seagate 1tb format it on desktop and try . i had to do that once or twice b4

make sure the time is right on your box aswell

anyone use the hbbtv option on 19 or 13 east might give it a try soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Apogee

Nowso wrote: »
    select hdd drive as that is your usb i use a 1tb exentsion drive

once you connect your drive to the box on spark it automatically mounts it, in menu select file list and you can see whats on your hdd

i have mine formatted to Ntfs

when you have it set up and when set up click download now and itl take a few minutes and will load 7 days epg

Thanks for the reply. I had tried what you outlined above, but there are still blanks in the 'now and next' when I press OK to see what's currently broadcast across all channels.

Apogee wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I had tried what you outlined above, but there are still blanks in the 'now and next' when I press OK to see what's currently broadcast across all channels.

it wont show up on other transponders until you tune onto that transponder it should settle down after a bit . if it dont update some days just do the manual download now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Apogee

Yeah, it seems a small bit hit and miss. When I do the equivalent download with CrossEPG on Enigma, the EPG is fully populated straight away. Looks like CrossEPG on spark needs a little more tweaking.

Yeah, it seems a small bit hit and miss. When I do the equivalent download with CrossEPG on Enigma, the EPG is fully populated straight away. Looks like CrossEPG on spark needs a little more tweaking.

just hit download now every so often and it will update. it still works

if a scan dont work or something simular just reboot

once you get used to spark it runs easily and is s lot more stable than enigma2

people get hung up on enigma 2 as it is meant to resemble sky

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Try changing your time settings to NET rather than Satellite and then download/force EPG update.

• Advertisement

Refreshed Database and other spark Utilities

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BlizzardUK

I found a thread on here via Google and the other person who had the same problem as me was re-directed to ask a question here regarding the Alien 2.

I use a legit Sly card on my Alien 2, or at least used to until it stopped working around 2 months ago. I can't get any channels at all from Sly on it now. Is this the same for everyone who uses a Sly card or just me ? I am just wondering whether I should cancel my card if it will never work again.

the new cards need to be paired to the box to get the hd etc . did u try it in a actual sky box? or maybe pair it

the new cards need to be paired to the box to get the hd etc . did u try it in a actual sky box? or maybe pair it

Hi there. It used to work fine, for months, then all of a sudden stopped. I would always put the card back in my Thomson Sky HD box once in a while to pair it and keep it alive. Now though something has gone wrong. I am not sure what to do. Any ideas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

BlizzardUK wrote: »
    Hi there. It used to work fine, for months, then all of a sudden stopped. I would always put the card back in my Thomson Sky HD box once in a while to pair it and keep it alive. Now though something has gone wrong. I am not sure what to do. Any ideas ?

Because you can no longer pair a HD subscription card with a Thompsond HD box, Sky made changes, closed the door on the card sharing of HD channels. It's also against the charter here to discuss thinks like that on here, this thread could get locked, so I suggest you Google for a forum that allows discussion of card sharing.

Huh ? This isn't card sharing. I have a legit paid for card. I pay Sky £110 a month for my packages. I just want to use a different box for one of my Sky subs. Please also note it was another thread on the forum that pointed me to this one for the question I asked.

Huh ? This isn't card sharing. I have a legit paid for card. I pay Sky £110 a month for my packages. I just want to use a different box for one of my Sky subs. Please also note it was another thread on the forum that pointed me to this one for the question I asked.

Regardless, it's against Skys terms and conditions to use their card in another box, we've been warned by the mods about it's discussion, it's against the charter here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91203065&postcount=6499

Okay, but I have just checked the page that sent me to this thread and it was actually you that posted the link ? I may not be the same poster as in the thread but the question I have was the same as theirs, using the Alien instead of a Sky box.

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057270087

I will try and find elsewhere.

Okay, but I have just checked the page that sent me to this thread and it was actually you that posted the link ? I may not be the same poster as in the thread but the question I have was the same as theirs, using the Alien instead of a Sky box.

The OP in that thread stated that they wanted to rid themselves of Sky :confused:

EDIT : Okay, after re-reading it a few times, it looks like I have have misread the post, it could be read 2 ways and it seems I thought the poster was asking the question of using his Sly card in another box, but maybe he wasn't asking that.

• Advertisement

Sorry it won't seem to let me edit my posts, it posted the above twice by accident.

Yes, I misread the post, my apologies. When he said he bought the box to rid of Sky I thought he meant to get rid of the Sky "box" but still use his Sky card in the Alien like I used to, as he said "Do I re-use my Sky card in the Alien". I just mis-read it. So it is my fault, apologies.

5*+1 freesat now added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Gone to spark as it's more wife friendly at the mo. My only fault is the EPG. I can't see a big schedule showing multiple channels and their listings for a few hours. I can get now, next and then single channel listings. Am I missing something?

hit the epg , and then the green button and select epg schedule and u get the 7 days Listings for the channel your on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

hit the epg , and then the green button and select epg schedule and u get the 7 days Listings for the channel your on

Thanks for that but you don't get an overview of what's on now and next for several channels like you can on the enigma images

select epg now for now for all channels and epg next for next instead of schedule

Channel List Updated - Oireachtas tv and Itv Be added

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hi all, I bought an Amiko Alien 2+ (triple tuner) some time back, when I tried tuning it, I couldn't get the Irish channels, I had coax feed from Sat dish and another from aerial.

Would anyone have a download link for channel packs for terestial and Sat channels that I can add from USB stick?

Thank's in advance :)

Invincible wrote: »
    Hi all, I bought an Amiko Alien 2+ (triple tuner) some time back, when I tried tuning it, I couldn't get the Irish channels, I had coax feed from Sat dish and another from aerial.

Would anyone have a download link for channel packs for terestial and Sat channels that I can add from USB stick?

Thank's in advance :)

THE latest Satellite ones are in my database of utilities i posted above

to tune the terstrial ur better doing it urself with an automatic search as the frequencys vary from area to area thats why i didnt add them

• Advertisement

a question about networking to your box

on my dsl router when im connected to same network i can access my harddrive via the newtork on my pc

that modems broke and using a netgear 4g modem in for a few days

i cant seem to access my boxs harddrive when both are connected to this modem what modem settings should i be changing

Advertisement