Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

revolut proof of identity ?.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Anyone having problems with their request to Update App??

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

Hi, i been trying to set up a revolut account and im have issue regarding identity.

So i set up my account and put 60 euro in and it seems my pps card is not acceptable id,all i have is an out of date passport which they say is not acceptable.

So is there a way around this and if not can i move my money back to my bank (no id verified)or will i have to request them to refund me /
    Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

ddub11 wrote: »
    Hi, i been trying to set up a revolut account and im have issue regarding identity.

So i set up my account and put 60 euro in and it seems my pps card is not acceptable id,all i have is an out of date passport which they say is not acceptable.

So is there a way around this and if not can i move my money back to my bank (no id verified)or will i have to request them to refund me /
    Thanks guys.
    No driving licence?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    No driving licence?
    Ye i have a licence,do you think thats acceptable?i was thinking its passport or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭65535

I signed up with them back when an EU driving licence was accepted.
    Now they are pestering me for a Passport.
    If the driving licence was OK before Brexit then it should still be OK.
    So they can forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

65535 wrote:
    I signed up with them back when an EU driving licence was accepted. Now they are pestering me for a Passport. If the driving licence was OK before Brexit then it should still be OK. So they can forget about it.

Make sure you have no money on your Revolut card because your account will eventually be locked if you don't provide a copy of your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ye i have a licence,do you think thats acceptable?i was thinking its passport or nothing.
    Best to contact customer support and see what they say.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Best to contact customer support and see what they say.
    Was on to them today ,update passport only.

Thats fair enough but it does give the option of using a government issued id card and imo my pps card is exactly that,its got my photo and address and pps number so they should accept it.

Guess i need to get the passport updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Thats fair enough but it does give the option of using a government issued id card and imo my pps card is exactly that,its got my photo and address and pps number so they should accept it.

I would say you need to be more assertive on this point. I recently went through KYC/AML with another entity and they refused to recognise the national identity card that I presented with - as exactly that. When challenged, they backed down. I don't know where revolut's customer service team are based out of - but there's a good chance they have no notion of what the PPS card is - and that it is government issued.

I would say you need to be more assertive on this point. I recently went through KYC/AML with another entity and they refused to recognise the national identity card that I presented with - as exactly that. When challenged, they backed down. I don't know where revolut's customer service team are based out of - but there's a good chance they have no notion of what the PPS card is - and that it is government issued.

Agree with you on this,i did explain to them that the pps card is government issued etc and should be accepted but they were adamant that it can not be used.

I do think they should update their website with regards to Irish applicants and not give the option of government ID card if they are not going to accept what is in effect an Irish ID card it would imo save a lot of time when trying to sat up an account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

What's a PPS card? I am familiar with the Public Services Card (PSC) but have never heard of a PPS card. The problem with the PSC is it doesn't have your DoB on it.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    What's a PPS card? I am familiar with the Public Services Card (PSC) but have never heard of a PPS card. The problem with the PSC is it doesn't have your DoB on it.
    Same thing,some call it a pps card.Not sure how age comes into it.

I have an out of date passport which has my picture and age,alrite its no good for travelling but in terms of ID its still my passport with my picture and details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Not sure how age comes into it

Your Date of Birth is probably the most important identifier a person has, after their name of course. You need to be 18 to have your own revolut account afaik.

Qrt wrote: »
    Your Date of Birth is probably the most important identifier a person has, after their name of course. You need to be 18 to have your own revolut account afaik.
    Fair enough but even an out of date passport has all my details on including date of birth.

I mean just bacause its out of date (no good for travelling)it should still be good enough for revolut as the details are all correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

Fair enough but even an out of date passport has all my details on including date of birth.

I mean just bacause its out of date (no good for travelling)it should still be good enough for revolut as the details are all correct.

Did you have any luck?

I have exactly the same problem as you did. Expired passport and they won't accept psc or drivers licence.

Nightmare to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

Same problem here, passport has expired and no intention of getting a new one until it's safe to travel.
    Tried to explain this to revolut that my identity hasn't changed just because my passport expired. Couldn't get through to the dumb bastard on the chat, just kept to their script, "sorry, there's nothing I can do, you have to have a valid passport"
    Shocking poor service to be honest.
    Fingers crossed they can come up with an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

I’m having a similar issue on this however a little different, I was asked for id and submitted my passport last week which they accepted however yesterday I get another email from revolut asking for my ID again? Anyone else have the same issue

Obviously no as they won't accept my expired passport.

They're requesting id verification because of Brexit, however I did explain to them that I already revalidated my id because of the possibility of Brexit previously, but they weren't having any of it.

It's quite pathetic to be honest, can't think of any other service that requires multiple validations of who you are. Identities don't change.

It's similar I suppose to calling a service provider and validating that you're the account holder (name, address, DOB, etc), then transferred to another department only to have the dumb bastards ask for the same details again (plus your original question)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I had a hell of a time getting verified, multiple GovID uploads thinking there was some issue with the lighting or focus, then driver's license rejected multiple times, then had to upload passport which took I think 4 or 5 days - I thought perhaps I may have triggered something that delayed verification by my previous attempts.

If you are signing up because Revolut is common and it is easy to exchange money I cannot help, but if another reason is to use it as a main bank account look at N26 - it is a very similar service only there is no charge for a card although a small deposit may be required, and your money is insured by the ECB up to €100,000 (there is no insurance with Revolut), they also allow up to 3 ATM withdrawls per month free and offer instant SEPA transfers although currently just incoming. Another account I opened and am considering for my main is with Bitwala, similar to N26 only this time they allow depositing ETH and BTC with interest rates ~4% you be should be so inclined (though you can get higher on the Celcius without - ECB insurance)

Should this thread not be in some other forum with other banking queries?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Same here. Tried the old passport but they're still spamming me with reminder emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Times like this I wish the Irish banks would just get together and just make a Swish-like service, but they wouldn't know the meaning of innovation if it his them in the face so...

Verification update.
    I really would rather not do without having revolut as it's so convenient for paying other people rather than having to deal with cash.
    So I contacted them again, and thankfully they now have a new approach. Service won't be restricted in any way due to your passport expiring, which is contrary to everything I was previously told. They have simply asked me to verify as soon as I do renew my passport, however they told me that I'd still keep getting the reminders to verify my identity which they said I can ignore, but will still be annoying.
    Overall, kinda happy enough not to be without the service albeit the constant reminders are a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Qrt wrote: »
    Times like this I wish the Irish banks would just get together and just make a Swish-like service, but they wouldn't know the meaning of innovation if it his them in the face so...

All I want from a bank is notifications immediately for each transaction, it's not even difficult. Revolut does it, I wouldn't use Revolut as my main bank though.

AIB implemented bank transfers to other AIB customers using only phone number as the receiver's info but dropped it because nobody used it apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CelicaGT

Hey Guys, I'm like yourselves with an out of date passport and no intention of renewing it. I had Revolut before Brexit and was happy with it but it has been frozen since then. I noticed today that they seem to be accepting the Driving Licence and this was not an acceptable form of ID after Brexit as I had tried it. It's been over a year ago since I last logged in but someone asked me recently if I was on it so here I go again, it kindof looks promising this time so I'm hopeful.

Advertisement