Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stellar XLM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I was using a different username but I knew I did swaps at the start.

I have 600 XLM so I must have been giving and not taking it lol

Looks like I did it a good few times. Maybe people didn't return yours. Take them to court when they're worth 5 euro each!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I have 4500..... Was that the max available? I genuinely can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Looks like I did it a good few times. Maybe people didn't return yours. Take them to court when they're worth 5 euro each!

haha

If it manages to hit €1 I will bail out. This Crypto stuff is not my cup of tea.

I have 4500..... Was that the max available? I genuinely can't remember.
    I haven't seen anyone who got more
    haha

If it manages to hit €1 I will bail out. This Crypto stuff is not my cup of tea.

I think I'll hold on until I can just natively spend them or exchange them directly to euros. If it crashes before that it'll be a pity but imagine in 5 years looking back and going OMG I can't believe I paid 3% fees to cash out for 500 euro when those 3% fees now are worth 500 euro!

looks like it will hit 50c today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The fairx news bring huge potential for this coin. The tech behind it on its own has held huge potential but this fair enough and IBM combination is pushing it into a new stratosphere.

When fairx opens Stellar will explode.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The fairx news bring huge potential for this coin. The tech behind it on its own has held huge potential but this fair enough and IBM combination is pushing it into a new stratosphere.

When fairx opens Stellar will explode.

The only complaint people have is the massive supply but I think that alone is a bonus, the value is actually more predictable as far as crypto goes and it stops it from being speculated so heavily, the 1% inflation being directly distributed to pools is pretty revolutionary. Bitcoin needs to be mined and goes to massive Chinese companies. Lumens inflate goes to the actual holders of the currency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Does this have the potential to buy me a new car/home/naked me rich..... All the news points to a yes on all counts.... Or am I delusional?

Does this have the potential to buy me a new car/home/naked me rich..... All the news points to a yes on all counts.... Or am I delusional?

Delusional unless you invest a significant amount as part of a broader more diversified portfolio.

The news is good and I expect nothing but gains but I'm not investing anything with no exit strategy only move I'm making is hodling free coins for the novelty of buying a treat in a couple years if it appreciates more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭uli84

The token they gave me for confirming upgrade process isn’t working :(

• Advertisement

60c

60c

thumbs-aloft.gif

The Asian market seems to have a lot of love for XLM. That's a few nights in a row now where I've gone to bed and woke up to a significant jump in price. It seems to level off throughout our waking hours and then Asia pumps it again. Long may it continue.

the chinese, a great bunch of lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Is this on binance?

I need to set it up tonight...hopefully I haven't missed the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hsiecjshjsvss

If anyone is looking to cash in their lumens, I'd be happy to buy at the current price. Would save me trying to buy online and you trying to cash in. Drop me a DM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Is this on binance?

I need to set it up tonight...hopefully I haven't missed the boat.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Hurtling towards a dollar but I expect a pullback in the next short while before it makes it.

I've noticed there's often a spike between 2 and 3pm when the yanks wake up, but this is mostly followed by a dip for the rest of the afternoon. Let's see if it's the same today.

I think we're going straight to the moon considering it was on cnbc yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Hopefully! Realistically though I suspect there'll be a day or two of hesitation before it smashes $1

• Advertisement

Just broke the €0.70 mark

€0.706436 EUR (48.97%)

Space-Rocket-85172.gif

benjamin d wrote: »
    Hopefully! Realistically though I suspect there'll be a day or two of hesitation before it smashes $1
    There is so much good news priced in that if anything was to warble with IBM there will be a massive **** storm, that's the only thing I see putting a dampner on our fun

I think there will be a normal amount of hesitation you'd see with any round number milestone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,249 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

There is so much good news priced in that if anything was to warble with IBM there will be a massive **** storm, that's the only thing I see putting a dampner on our fun

I think there will be a normal amount of hesitation you'd see with any round number milestone

Thats why I trade in €, avoids all those round numbers! :pac:

The FairX news is the big deal. I know it's loosely tied to IBM but FairX once it's running will cause XLM to jump significantly. It's the sole reason we are seeing the current run in my opinion. People buying in while it's still a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Ok so I guess like alot of people I saw this in Bargain Alerts a few years ago and signed up and completely forgot about it but signed in from the Bargain Alert post link and it says I have 600 Stellar now lol. Whats my next course of action? Total noob with this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Hold on to it for a little bit longer at least. Wait for FairX to launch. Price should go up higher and then you should be able to change it to euro on FairX. (i think)

Or you can just send it all to me! /s :)

Daraa wrote: »
    Hold on to it for a little bit longer at least. Wait for FairX to launch. Price should go up higher and then you should be able to change it to euro on FairX. (i think)

Oh god when I signed in and have to do the account upgrade thing it sent a confirmation code to my "email"...but I've no idea what email I used to set this up, idiot me might have used some random throwaway email because it's not in my main emails inbox/spam!

Daraa wrote: »

Nvm I found the email and recovered it! So do I just keep it on my stellar.org account or do I have to move it to a wallet or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Hayezer wrote: »
    Nvm I found the email and recovered it! So do I just keep it on my stellar.org account or do I have to move it to a wallet or something

You can just leave it on the stellar network if you want to hold onto it.

I moved mine to BTC and lost a heap. I wish I just left it alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hayezer wrote: »
    I'd suggest getting yourself set up on an exchange that will at least let you trade XLR from your Stellar wallet. That way if things go t*ts up you'll at least be in a position to shift them, and not be stuck in a queue with your ID verification documentation. (Of course you might even want to buy more!)

Things change quick in cryptoland. Best be ready with a chair when the music stops. :P

Changelly.com let me shift XLR to another currency last month, but don't seem to be offering that now. I see Binance will let you exchange XLM for BTC, which you should be able to sell elsewhere for cash if you want.

Advertisement