Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The sort of posters/argument types you see on Boards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Hitchens

The Shouty Noisy Ones. No........................din

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The link /proof merchants.

Where asking for link /proof isn't actually to illuminate an informal discussion, but as an obfuscation tactic to 'win' arguments and buttress an agenda.

For example, prove that Marty was in the 'Ra, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

anncoates wrote: »
    The link /proof merchants.

Where asking for link /proof isn't actually to illuminate an informal discussion, but as an obfuscation tactic to 'win' arguments and buttress an agenda.

For example, prove that Marty was in the 'Ra, etc.

That works both ways, with people who think that posting a link or video is case closed. To me, it shows they have no argument of their own, and no understanding of the topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Black/White or Love/Hate thinking. Example: the Angela Merkel - bashing thread a couple of days ago, I hinted that she might have some reason to be a little annoyed. Since I fell short of absolute condemnation, I was immediately accused of trying to "beatify" her (other poster's word). So, the Chancellor of Germany is either a Saint or the Devil herself, nothing in-between is possible.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Saipanne wrote: »
    That works both ways, with people who think that posting a link or video is case closed. To me, it shows they have no argument of their own, and no understanding of the topic.

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

PLL wrote: »
    Those who don't have kids suggesting how other people should raise their kids.

Nah! Those who don't have kids telling other people how to raise their kids!:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hitchens wrote: »
    The Shouty Noisy Ones. No........................din

Mod note

We are not using this thread to have a go at individual posters. Posts like the above are not welcome.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

rereg accounts we know of and ban and non-rereg accounts we don't know of and wait to ban

That and people who argue for a bit then leave it and people who literally argue for days, if not weeks, over the same topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

People who think this is clever

Any chance that might have been what I was saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭blackcard

People who link ANY subject to Irish Water. The thread could be about the New Horizons probe and some clown will say "at least they don't have Irish Water out there, wha?"

****ing idiots.

You have just done this yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Posts opinion on thread about news story but never even bothers to read linked article.

blackcard wrote: »
    You have just done this yourself

No. Think about it good and hard now. Start with the thread topic and work forward... there you go.

Oh, I have one. People who don't read thread topics.

Similarly themed / titled threads to ones which are currently active is a little baffling.

Rob ideas from another online forum if ya must but from the same one just makes you look like a big copycat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,539 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Liars, posting crap they know is a lie, simply to bolster their own political agenda.

Any chance that might have been what I was saying?

Ah.

The persecution-complex-poster who imagines slights in almost everything.

Candie wrote: »

Is that a dig at me?

This is why women are to blame for everything because I got rejected once
    They're so horrible why won't they love me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ruu wrote: »
    Blue roll eye chap as a response to a massive block of text.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭blackcard

No. Think about it good and hard now. Start with the thread topic and work forward... there you go.

Oh, I have one. People who don't read thread topics.
    You managed to bring Irish Water into a thread which has nothing to do with Irish Water?

• Advertisement

blackcard wrote: »
    You managed to bring Irish Water into a thread which has nothing to do with Irish Water?

Oh sweet Jesus...

This thread invites people to provide examples of stereotypical posters. ANY KIND OF POSTER. So, I provided one kind. Therefore I operated within the parameters of the thread topic.

Now, try to keep up here...

In the fictional New Horizons thread I proposed, people are invited to discuss that NASA mission. NO ONE is invited to discuss Irish Water, which is why it is wrong to bring that topic up in such a thread.

Can you tell the difference now? Do you need diagrams?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the boards supremacists - fiercely loyal to the site and intolerant of any others, dismissing them as crap, joe.ie, reddit, facebook, journal etc.. there seems to be a good amount of anti-facebook sentiment across boards in particular. they feel superior by stating they aren't a part of mainstream social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If you hate Ray Darcy / Ryan Tubridy / Joe Duffy so much, you know where the off button is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

This should be a medically certified psychiatric disorder!

This should be a medically certified psychiatric disorder!

You'd think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who have just realised something, or found something out, and think that the rest of the world either never heard of it or should be as fascinated as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

You mean 'people'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    You mean 'people'

People who know what you meant but feel superior by correcting you for a typo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

People who know what you meant but feel superior by correcting you for a typo ;)

This. You could be talking about quantum physics and misspell one thing and you'd be called stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

The people who don't care about the thread topic and just post something stupid for the sake of it.

Advertisement