Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

TV mounted on wall over fireplace. It's just wrong. Way too high anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've been pretty badly sick twice in the last month. REALLY hoping a third isn't any time soon.

I hope not!

HUGE TA: My sister works in a clothes shop and was trying to help a horrible bitch of a woman to find sizes for her daughter. She turned to my sister and said "if you worked out like my daughter, you would fit into this size too". I am so angry!!!! She made my sister cry. How dare she!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"If I had a mother like you, I'd spend all my time in the gym, too. In fact, I'd do anything to stay away from you."

What a cow!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    I hope not!

HUGE TA: My sister works in a clothes shop and was trying to help a horrible bitch of a woman to find sizes for her daughter. She turned to my sister and said "if you worked out like my daughter, you would fit into this size too". I am so angry!!!! She made my sister cry. How dare she!!!!

TA'd by this, What a rotten person :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TA'd that the trolley in Dunnes kept giving me a shock :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Reminds me of my experience in the gym, getting a shock from the heart rate monitors, on the machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

12 bottles in the shower, 2 of which are mine, no idea why she needs 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

LOL - now that you mention it 8 - 2 here

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

This is a day ruiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

must get things done, monday morning deadline... too sick to get out of bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

elfy4eva wrote: »
    This is a day ruiner.

There wasn't any warm apple pie available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Feel like I'm getting another cold. I just got rid of one about a week ago... So my immune system is my TA today. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    It's bad enough that they can't cook, but it's even worse when they refuse to learn. :mad:

I've had comments going the other way. People assuming I am not self sufficient. Go home for weekend - "Oh I suppose you are bringing all your washing with you" type comments. Same woman waits on her 20+ year old hand & foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

There wasn't any warm apple pie available ?

That took me a few seconds..😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who use the word hun. It's usually a sign they're a dose.

The only time that word should be used is if you are in the habit of trying to conquer the world, and your other name is Attila.

WGsOMTs? Me repeating myself😀

I am ridiculously emotional. I have not stopped crying at Ant and Dec since it started 30 minutes ago. What is wrong with me?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

TA that I'm not sure if I'm well enough to go to my grandmothers funeral :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have a fav cafe for lunch and a fav cafe for dessert
    My fav for lunch is my second fav for dessert and my fav for dessert is my second fav for lunch

Today I wanted dessert so walked all the way to dessert cafe only to find they didn’t have any of my fav desserts. Only Oreo cheesecake or sticky toffee pudding. Never mind I’ll have my second fav lunch since I’m here. The new girl made it and overcooked the brocolli and prawns, was raging
    Walked to my second fav cafe for dessert and they didn’t have a great selection either, should have just sent to Dunnes for doughnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

I am ridiculously emotional. I have not stopped crying at Ant and Dec since it started 30 minutes ago. What is wrong with me?!?

Ant and Dec are talent-less frauds and should be pushed off a cliff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Had a massage today, I just want to sleep.
    I keep getting calls from work that are preventing me from getting sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

greencap wrote: »
    Ant and Dec are talent-less frauds and should be pushed off a cliff.

I think I can safely use this phrase correctly - that escalated quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Had a massage today, I just want to sleep.
    I keep getting calls from work that are preventing me from getting sleep.

So much for a happy ending so :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jaxxx wrote: »
    So much for a happy ending so :D

the masseuse actually said to me "we can finish with head *long pause* or feet"

I'm still awake and working, this is a nightmare. I just want sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

• Rows with one of best friends who believes cat is reincarnated mother and instead of supporting her, rides his own magical broom of narcissism and intolerance by shoving his scientific beliefs down her throat, completely disrespecting her beliefs

Agree with most of your points but not this one. Phoebe was reeeaallly annoying about the evolution thing. Not all beliefs have to be equally respected and his came from a place of having studied the subject. Hers - not so much. And she didn't show much respect for his beliefs either (and his are evidence-based).

On the cat thing - Phoebe was very frequently rude and dismissive of the other characters. Constantly making snide remarks about Chandler. Implying to Monica that Chandler was checking her out. Openly saying Monica was too good for Chandler. Being really, really rude and dismissive of Monica's restaurant and cheffing skills when Monica asked her to stop playing outside her restaurant. To be honest, Phoebe as a character started out great but slowly morphed into a total bitch that the other characters had to tiptoe around. It was fine for her to be quite horrible to the others but when someone quite rightfully pointed out how daft the cat thing was, she was all hurt. Bleurgh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who suck the life out of my favourite show :p

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    People who suck the life out of my favourite show :p

I’m ridiculously overanalytical when it comes to TV shows. My husband is always laughing at me over it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Daring Danny f***ing X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who 'like and share' every competition going.
    Someone on my facebook feed was doing it for businesses all over the place, in ireland and abroad.

As if she would be travelling to the UK to pick up a organic coffee selection hamper.

She has now been promoted to the status of blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I bought a new pair of "comfort" shoes for work. They have the tops of my heels cut to sh1te.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I bought a new pair of "comfort" shoes for work. They have the tops of my heels cut to sh1te.

Put plasters over the cuts. The problem is once they are cut, the skin is raised and the shoes keep rubbing and reopening the cuts even once the shoes are broken in. Keep the plasters on until the cuts are totally and completely healed. When you remove them, the shoes should fit fine and be broken in. :)

• Advertisement

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Put plasters over the cuts. The problem is once they are cut, the skin is raised and the shoes keep rubbing and reopening the cuts even once the shoes are broken in. Keep the plasters on until the cuts are totally and completely healed. When you remove them, the shoes should fit fine and be broken in. :)

Thanks, doing that. I'm just annoyed that I have to :)

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Thanks, doing that. I'm just annoyed that I have to :)

I have one foot slightly bigger than the other and unfortunately it’s a necessary ritual for me when I get new shoes. That pain from cut heels when a shoe is digging in is excruciating.

Ta'd that love isn't getting another season :mad: always the good ones :mad:

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I have one foot slightly bigger than the other and unfortunately it’s a necessary ritual for me when I get new shoes. That pain from cut heels when a shoe is digging in is excruciating.

I have the same problem, my right foot is slightly bigger.

Tatsongetter: the clock in the bedroom is 5 minutes slow. I know this but I still look at it when I'm getting ready in the mornings and think "grand, five more minutes" - even when I have just seen the real time on my phone. My morning brain is annoying. Annoyingly I never think to fix the time on the clock.

Ta'd that love isn't getting another season :mad: always the good ones :mad:

I know! :( And season 3 is so good! Trying not to binge watch it. Cancellations of excellent shows really get on my tats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The fact that you can't buy booze till 12.30 on a Sunday. I'm not hanging for it, I just want to buy a bottle of lidl cava for the mammy and now have to delay my whole morning to get it. (Yes, I know a bit of organisation and I could have picked it up yesterday, but I and my inability to be organised are also TAs of mine!! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hotels that wake you up to return your laundry especially after you told them not to call. Don't people realise that some people have to sleep during the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've a plaster on my thumb, I never appreciated how good it is to grip things when you are trying to open bottles and plastic seals on things.

I was checking dinner and lifted the lid of the saucepan when the bloody steam hit my wrist. The pain!! It stings so badly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

People using irregardless. I know it's an actual word but it just looks and sounds wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

TA'd at idiots and lazy people and especially when the 2 are combined.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I probably said it before, but it drives me mad when in cookery programmes the bowls aren't scraped clean. 12 beaten eggs, 34.6 white truffles, 6 mills worth of flour, gold leaf, whipped cream, 8 packs of butter creamed with 396 tablespoons of sugar, each in their own little bowl. Then they just pour the ingredients into a larger bowl but leave half of the amounts behind stuck to the bowls ready to be thrown out. Then from the main bowl they only make about 6 mini-portions (if you're lucky), and the rest, yes, you guessed it, gets discarded again. Drives me insane. Same as when they "peel" potatoes with a knife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Hormones.......no instructions how to use them...approach them...or understand them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Recruitment agents

I put my CV on monster while pissed off one evening and my phone blew up at 9am the next morning. Ok I went with two agencies who had good jobs specs and applied and heard nothing. I was told employers read monster but I doubt it, not one employer ever contacted but a stack of agencies

One month to five weeks later later I had completed two interviews and got a new job all by myself, score! :cool:

And the agencies are now ringing me up to "re-connect" (they love their business speak) and when I ask to be taken off the books they want to know where I got the job

But why would I say this? You're only pumping me for leads and you didn't help me at all to secure it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Windows 10 is not recognising that I don't have the mouse over any icons in the taskbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

smurfjed wrote: »
    Hotels that wake you up to return your laundry especially after you told them not to call. Don't people realise that some people have to sleep during the day?

Or hotels that phone you at 8 in the morning and tell you that as a special treat they will deliver your breakfast to your room free of charge........no thank you but their job is done...your awake now and will check out earlier...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

smurfjed wrote: »

I spent a month in a hotel in China once and was driven mad by this. I complained to the staff, complained to management, complained to the cleaners (gesticulated) all to no avail. The system could not be changed.
    Eventually in week three I got someone to write a note for me in Mandarin, stuck it on the door, telling the cleaners not to knock on the door no matter what.
    The room was not cleaned much after that but I got my sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

jaxxx wrote: »
    TA #1: Ross Geller every time I watch Friends reruns. What an egotistical, self-righteous, arrogant ****.
    • Rows with girlfriend who suggests they should take a break -> Immediately goes to bar and hooks up with someone else. Now I'm no expert in relationships but SURELY you just don't go off and bang some random person you met in a bar straight away without actually sitting down and having a proper discussion about taking a break in your relationship??
    We were on a break! :mad:

I was wearing a bodysuit tonight. I went to the bathroom and forgot I was wearing the bodysuit and ended up tearing the button out so now it has a hole in it.

People who chomp crisps and popcorn so loudly in the cinema that you can't hear the movie.

Every time I get in my boyfriend's car, he says he needs to get diesel. So nearly every second day he puts 20 euro diesel into his car instead of just filling it. It drives me absolutely mad but I think he's doing it on purpose at this stage to annoy me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have a few ads up on some well known ad sites.

Some dodgy feckers about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement