Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭elchupanebrey

For a property under €300000, If you have paid a booking deposit and then decide to purchase the property and are availing of the HTB, will the booking deposit be refunded or what happens in this case? As you will have paid over 10% when you include HTB and booking deposit! Assuming you are entitled to full 10% on HTB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

For a property under €300000, If you have paid a booking deposit and then decide to purchase the property and are availing of the HTB, will the booking deposit be refunded or what happens in this case? As you will have paid over 10% when you include HTB and booking deposit! Assuming you are entitled to full 10% on HTB

Generally speaking if you are buying a house for 250k and you pay a booking deposit of 5K, the builder gets the 25K from the HTB, leaving the balance of the house at 220k. The 90% mortgage amount of 225K is drawn down and the extra 5K comes back to you then.

Submitted the application this morning and got instant approval for the maximum amount. Happy days. Hope restrictions lift soon for the construction sector

Signed contracts uploaded today, hopefully quick approval for claim

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ak8888ak

Do we know if the government are planning to extend the help to buy scheme past December this year? Not sure how it would work with the shared equity scheme as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

Ak8888ak wrote: »
    Do we know if the government are planning to extend the help to buy scheme past December this year? Not sure how it would work with the shared equity scheme as well.

I don't think anyone knows at this point.
    Last year it was only prolonged in October's budget.

I think it might though

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭caoimhe_kelly

Did you receive your claim number yet? Wondering how long that step takes

Got claim number almost immediately.

Got confirmation that solicitor has verified today and that seems to be all done for my part?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,124 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

My claim was processed & approved this morning. I applied during that busy week with the SOLs in January, so they are working through the backlog anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 badger54

Sorry for such a basic question but what did this entail? Assume you managed to scan contract and upload as a pdf? I'll be signing soon and solicitor (shockingly) can't scan documents! Neither can I (working from home).

• Advertisement

At the moment I only have AIP from the bank and the rest of my deposit is due on signing the contracts. I presume I won't be able to use HTB towards my deposit as I haven't received the mortgage contract offer yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

badger54 wrote: »
    Sorry for such a basic question but what did this entail? Assume you managed to scan contract and upload as a pdf? I'll be signing soon and solicitor (shockingly) can't scan documents! Neither can I (working from home).

You don’t actually need a signed copy - an unsigned copy should be fine if that makes any difference?

I uploaded an unsigned copy but also the letter/mail from our solicitor to theirs when it was sent/received

I did raise a case after on revenue with the scanned page of signatures but tbh i don't think that wad even reviewed before we got approved, so ......?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

I have a silly question, myself and my partner applied for HTB and we got approved, it was a joint application, when I check the application it says my max relief available is 18k, max joint relief available 30k, when my partner logs in hers says her max relief available is over 13k and joint max available 30k, just want to clarify that means we are entitled to the full 30k between us is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

ADO wrote: »
    I have a silly question, myself and my partner applied for HTB and we got approved, it was a joint application, when I check the application it says my max relief available is 18k, max joint relief available 30k, when my partner logs in hers says her max relief available is over 13k and joint max available 30k, just want to clarify that means we are entitled to the full 30k between us is that right?

Sounds like it. If ye went in your own ye would get the individual amounts but obviously you can’t get 31k so it tops at 30 :)

At the moment I only have AIP from the bank and the rest of my deposit is due on signing the contracts. I presume I won't be able to use HTB towards my deposit as I haven't received the mortgage contract offer yet?

Anyone?

You can get approval for stage 1 of htb

That should be enough for the builder/solicitor if you have the access code and figure you're approved for

Not sure that you could get to deposit stage without mortgage offer though

You can get approval for stage 1 of htb

That should be enough for the builder/solicitor if you have the access code and figure you're approved for

Not sure that you could get to deposit stage without mortgage offer though

Thank you. I have the stage one approval and the access codes. Yes, I was thinking I need mortgage offer alright to complete the claim stage

• Registered Users Posts: 9 iamsosmart

Hey all,

Has anyone got HTB approval recently?

I applied with my partner in January and am still waiting on approval. Revenue advised we require manual review as my partner's employer was using the Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme for a few months in 2020.

It's been almost 7 weeks at this stage though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

iamsosmart wrote: »
    Hey all,

Has anyone got HTB approval recently?

I applied with my partner in January and am still waiting on approval. Revenue advised we require manual review as my partner's employer was using the Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme for a few months in 2020.

It's been almost 7 weeks at this stage though..

I'm the same, we were on it for about 2 months and my application is still pending - I applied on Jan 20th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 maon04

Hi,

I am confused. We are just waiting for a call to get our house keys and instead we got an email from our solicitor saying that the builders have problems getting the funds from our help to buy (combined we got the 30k)
    It seems like they only can access my tax refund but not my partners?? (Which is the one that has the biggest amount)

Could be a mistake from Revenue? Maybe the person sending the money only sent my part and forgot my partners? Is that even possible? Is that something we/revenue/builders are missing?

We are quite frustrated as we were expecting to get the keys today and we packed all already. (Also need to leave the current house before end of the week!!)

Now we made an enquiry to the Revenue, currently in the queue but it can take days or weeks!!! So sooo frustrating...

Any ideas anyone?
    Really appreciate it...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I made a joint application earlier today, I saw my partner's name had down beside it 'Awaiting membership confirmation, she accepted the application to the Group and we both submitted our Statement of Liability for the previous years.

Is it a case the status will update and progress once our application has been assessed and approved or do I need to ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Seaandwind

Klopp wrote: »
    I made a joint application earlier today, I saw my partner's name had down beside it 'Awaiting membership confirmation, she accepted the application to the Group and we both submitted our Statement of Liability for the previous years.

Is it a case the status will update and progress once our application has been assessed and approved or do I need to ring them?

This happened us too, I rang the PAYE helpline and they could tell us we had tax owing. However that is still coming up on our application. We were told it is a waiting game now but to be honest it is very frustrating as we applied Jan 15th. There is no way to contact them bar the My Enquiry tab which I did and heard nothing either. Not sure what else we can do.
    Hopefully you get sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

We applied about 3 weeks ago and heard nothing back.We confirmed that my partner is a member of the group but its states "Your Application cannot proceed because either of you have outstanding issues on your tax affairs or all the group members have not confirmed membership of the group" But it doesn't state what the issues are and we are both confirmed members ? Can't find a way to get through to the Revenue office either to find out what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Had to re apply as mine expired, applied in January heard nothing, rang yesterday and they said i owed 48cent in tax, i paid that off the first time i applied and your man said they must have missed that and should now go through soon, if you are waiting a while , ring as they done seem to contact you to tell you what is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CKenna

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Had to re apply as mine expired, applied in January heard nothing, rang yesterday and they said i owed 48cent in tax, i paid that off the first time i applied and your man said they must have missed that and should now go through soon, if you are waiting a while , ring as they done seem to contact you to tell you what is the problem.
    What number did you use?

CKenna wrote: »
    What number did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

where is best to search for available/up-coming new builds with prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Seaandwind

newhouse87 wrote: »

Did you get an email to say it expired? I don’t understand how there isn’t better communication with this. We too are waiting weeks and weeks. It’s very frustrating and I’ve been assured there is nothing left to do but wait. They said last week it was ‘assigned’ to someone but no further contact.

• Advertisement

Seaandwind wrote: »
    Did you get an email to say it expired? I don’t understand how there isn’t better communication with this. We too are waiting weeks and weeks. It’s very frustrating and I’ve been assured there is nothing left to do but wait. They said last week it was ‘assigned’ to someone but no further contact.

I queried the expiry as somebody had told me it may expire and they replied telling me i had to apply again.

Advertisement