Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wheety wrote: »

that is the standard one, I find it small as do others. There are plenty of videos online showing it in use to get an idea. I would go for a bigger one if mine broke. The argos tower one also had videos on youtube, looked smaller to me. You can get them to bring items out in argos to have a look before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Full thread on them here

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057063796/26/#post105786622

Sorry can't link, on mobile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Very good price- its about 30 quid more on Amazon.
    This model is the 0.8kg one- so its not the small one- but I wouldn't try to squish a bag of chips into it either.........
    Oven chips come out nicely in it- sausages just don't work (my kids refuse to eat them).

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

I paid 49GBP for HD9220/20 a few years ago. I think it was a very good price at the time. It is fairly small so I think I'll get a bigger one next time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

See price history of hd2916
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-HD9216-41-Airfryer-Technology/product/B0757ZBDGF

http://checkargos.com/product/7594265

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Oven chips come out nicely in it- sausages just don't work (my kids refuse to eat them).
    not really for the bargain thread, but I do not want to see people being put off!

The best sausages I have had are out of the airfryer, but you have to do them at a much lower temp. At high temps they can have hard skins, this can depend on brand, some are OK at 200C, many/most are terrible. Many people treat it like a microwave, like it HAS to be fast. But microwaves have got a terrible name as so many people use them at full power, and certain things in airfryers are the same.

Try them at 140-150C for 20mins and see what they look like, make sure you do not just pull it out at that stage as they can be ballooned out and look paler than they will be when cooled a little and the skin has shrunken and look browner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

rubadub wrote: »
    not really for the bargain thread, but I do not want to see people being put off!

The best sausages I have had are out of the airfryer, but you have to do them at a much lower temp. At high temps they can have hard skins, this can depend on brand, some are OK at 200C, many/most are terrible. Many people treat it like a microwave, like it HAS to be fast. But microwaves have got a terrible name as so many people use them at full power, and certain things in airfryers are the same.

Try them at 140-150C for 20mins and see what they look like, make sure you do not just pull it out at that stage as they can be ballooned out and look paler than they will be when cooled a little and the skin has shrunken and look browner.

I can concur that doing sausages at high temperature does dry them out and make them hard..Just wondering do you pierce the skins on the sausages before you put them in the air fryer?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Have a code for the Omni for the Dyson Musclehead Vacuum for 187. Reserved it for a friend but he wants a Miele instead! Has to be collected by 9 this evening. I'll pm it to the first to respond here.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

Have a code for the Omni for the Dyson Musclehead Vacuum for 187. Reserved it for a friend but he wants a Miele instead! Has to be collected by 9 this evening. I'll pm it to the first to respond here.

RobbieTheRobber on the Argos bargains thread seemed to be interested if you wanted to PM them to let them know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    Philips Series 7000 12-in-1 Grooming Kit MG7710 €30.49

http://checkargos.com/product/7096378

You get what you pay for with these, quadruple your budget for a good one. Babyiliss have ones with 5 year warrantys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

I'll take it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

fletch wrote: »
    I'll take it...

Expires on the day I posted, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Expires on the day I posted, sorry.
    Sorry I missed that bit...doh. reserved one in Navan....3 left

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Does anyone know how to order 'Online Exclusive' items?

I am unable to figure out how to order them, as there is no option besides 'reserve' or 'deliver'. I contacted the helpdesk and they told me to add to trolley (done) and then go to 'checkout' but there is no go to checkout option.
    I have responded telling them I cannot 'go to checkout' as only option is to 'continue shopping'

To be clear it is items in euros on the .ie site.
    The items are in my trolley (I am signed in) but cannot progress to order as items are not available for home delivery or reservation (the only two options available that I can see) so I am going around in circles.

Be grateful for any help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

QueenRizla wrote: »

I am unable to figure out how to order them, as there is no option besides 'reserve' or 'deliver'. I contacted the helpdesk and they told me to add to trolley (done) and then go to 'checkout' but there is no go to checkout option.
    I have responded telling them I cannot 'go to checkout' as only option is to 'continue shopping'

The items are in my trolley (I am signed in) but cannot progress to order as items are not available for home delivery or reservation (the only two options available that I can see) so I am going around in circles.

Is it available on the ebay Argos page?

Kuva wrote: »
    Is it available on the ebay Argos page?

I'll check! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

maybe try clearing the cache or use a different browser.

muffler wrote: »
    maybe try clearing the cache or use a different browser.

Thanks, I might have got the wrong impression on what 'online exclusive' means. I thought I could order online for delivery. But speaking to store and helpline they said the items have to be available in-store before you can order and to wait for Saturdays new catalog to see if they are on it i.e moved to catalog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Any sign of the new Catalogue out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This weekend apparently, it's very late this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Thanks, I might have got the wrong impression on what 'online exclusive' means. I thought I could order online for delivery. But speaking to store and helpline they said the items have to be available in-store before you can order and to wait for Saturdays new catalog to see if they are on it i.e moved to catalog.

According to their website:

"Online Exclusive
    Giving you even more choice

To give you even more choice, we have thousands of additional products available online. This means we can offer you extra ranges, as well as more options and features on some of your favourite products.

All the products that are exclusively available online will be delivered straight to your home. Some smaller items may even qualify for free postage. As these products are additional to our catalogue, they are not held in-store so cannot be reserved or picked up.

To make the most of these exclusive offers, look out for the Internet only logo whenever you shop online."

My mother tried to buy a gas cooker through one of their "online exclusive" offers a couple of years ago and they claimed the reason she couldn't proceed to the actual purchase was because they couldn't sell gas cookers in Ireland (It was a bottled gas cooker) - a new catalogue came out soon afterwards and the cooker was still listed on their site, but had a large price increase! My Mother bought one elsewhere lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Makes no sense does it?

I have often came across online exclusives and have been baffled how to order them. The items I looked at never came into stock in any of the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Weyhey wrote: »
    Makes no sense does it?

I have often came across online exclusives and have been baffled how to order them. The items I looked at never came into stock in any of the stores.

I think it is just a carry over from the Uk website where you can make the purchase on line ( rather than just reserving)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think it is just a carry over from the Uk website where you can make the purchase on line ( rather than just reserving)

They have pick up points at Sainsbury's too for areas with no Argos store. Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No vouchers for €50 or €100 spend disappointed to say the least hopefully some on Wednesday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They have pick up points at Sainsbury's too for areas with no Argos store. Very handy.

Not really- there is a 4 day lead-in for pickup for NI stores.
    Its a bit of a double edged sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Does the Check Argos price change notification email you even if you sign in with Facebook?

I've had dirt rally tracked in there since release and had forgotten about it, and never recieved an notification I think.

Would it be better to just sign in with an email address instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I have a few things on notification, via email, I've never received any emails, just have to check regularly,

Someone else here may have had luck though,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've never received an email notification to say an item is available. The text messages do seem to work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

anyone get an order through for the 1c lockers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Parrot drone - this is reduced to €85 euro at argos

amazon reviews are only so-so, but would it be fine as a beginners drone for a young teen?

Advertisement