Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

consultant on Glas

Options
  • 14-07-2019 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

my uncle first got a Agric Consultant to get him started in the Glas scheme, he has 18 acres only, he puts through all online himself but the consultant still sends him a bill for 300 euro per year,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭samjames

anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

samjames wrote: »
    anyone

Am also in GLAS, paid advisor for plan the first year, and for nitrates plan the second year - and that was it.
    No annual charge.

Am also in GLAS, paid advisor for plan the first year, and for nitrates plan the second year - and that was it.
    No annual charge.
    WHAT YEAR YOU ON NOW?
    THIS GUY seems to charge same amount every year just for submitting the usual to the department for GLAS and that is it

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Teagasc and co only have a plan fee and a fertiliser plan fee over a 2yr period. Your uncle must be with a private advisor, i dont think any actions on his plan would warrant a 300 fee per year, does he do the area aid with the advisor every year? Sounds like a pricy advisor

Teagasc and co only have a plan fee and a fertiliser plan fee over a 2yr period. Your uncle must be with a private advisor, i dont think any actions on his plan would warrant a 300 fee per year, does he do the area aid with the advisor every year? Sounds like a pricy advisor
    private advisor and he knew the first year and setting it up and then soil samples would cost 300 plus and he done the area aid himself online but when he went to do it this year the advisor had it done but that the first year advisor submitted it with Glas as was always done separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

samjames wrote: »
    private advisor and he knew the first year and setting it up and then soil samples would cost 300 plus and he done the area aid himself online but when he went to do it this year the advisor had it done but that the first year advisor submitted it with Glas as was always done separately.

I am in 3rd year of GLAS I think.

Advisor also submits my SFP. There seemed to be some changes to be made to it last year and this year, on the GLAS side. Rather than fcuk it up, I let him do it.
    I pay the advisor 75euro to do this (which might be a good bit in one way, given it’s prob 15 min work for him, but, I don’t want to risk not getting my SFP, so it’s worth it to me)

I am in 3rd year of GLAS I think.

Advisor also submits my SFP. There seemed to be some changes to be made to it last year and this year, on the GLAS side. Rather than fcuk it up, I let him do it.
    I pay the advisor 75euro to do this (which might be a good bit in one way, given it’s prob 15 min work for him, but, I don’t want to risk not getting my SFP, so it’s worth it to me)
    both seem combined this year but 75 for it all not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ismat

Is the agri consultant doing work for him each year ?

ismat wrote: »
    Is the agri consultant doing work for him each year ?
    yes, but only 10 acres is in the Glas scheme, you could probably submit it to the dept yourself,

Advertisement