Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTÉ2 + 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭jimbo2007

What is happening on Saorsat? Is there any change there?

If so, which PIDs and SID is added on 9 East?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

jimbo2007 wrote: »
    What is happening on Saorsat? Is there any change there?

If so, which PIDs and SID is added on 9 East?

Thanks.

"RTE2 + 1" Now on Saorsat Channel 12
    Showing 2rn test screen and beep noise.
    No epg data

Must be doing a little work on Stations also TG4, RTÉ NEWS NOW and T na O all Showing as 4.3, black bars on side of SCREEN, a little annoying

I don't have pid or SID info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is the rte news now channel going to be ended?

I hope not, I think it's a good channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

No, in it proposal the Dept last June RTÉ said
    RTÉ will maintain the portfolio of digital television services it currently offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The Cush wrote: »
    No, in it proposal the Dept last June RTÉ said

That is good as I thought I read here it was to be chopped. It is a useful channel for news events, major weather events, etc.

I still think a dedicated sport channel is needed.
    You could start live sport programmes 30 minutes beforehand on it and not be squeezed by other schedules.
    The GAA could have live games on a couple of channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭political analyst

That is good as I thought I read here it was to be chopped. It is a useful channel for news events, major weather events, etc.

I still think a dedicated sport channel is needed.
    You could start live sport programmes 30 minutes beforehand on it and not be squeezed by other schedules.
    The GAA could have live games on a couple of channels.

That already happens on the News Now channel occasionally - when scheduling conflicts mean that a game to which RTÉ has the rights cannot be broadcast on either of the main channels.

Furthermore, sports press conferences are also shown live on that channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Little or no promotion of this. Has anyone seen a promo on RTÉ for this. They are obsessed with promoting DWTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That already happens on the News Now channel occasionally - when scheduling conflicts mean that a game to which RTÉ has the rights cannot be broadcast on either of the main channels.

Furthermore, sports press conferences are also shown live on that channel.

It's been very good for live coverage from inside the zoo at Westminster lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Little or no promotion of this. Has anyone seen a promo on RTE for this. They are obsessed with promoting DWTS.

Only evidence available of any change is that RTE1 +1 is 24 hour from Wednesday.
    https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20190213/4104-50/201

FRIENDO wrote: »

This is from 31/1

Anything on RTÉ to state that it is starting or even a press release.

Examiner and Times have reports saying that they are getting read to role out the new services. Both report that RTÉ should see gains in advertising revenue because of it, yet at the same time just holding their audience :rolleyes:

Both report that RTÉ will launch first on Saorview and Saorsat and later on other platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Similar story here. I wonder if it will still launch on the 13th ? https://www.a516digital.com/2019/02/rte-prepares-to-launch-new-1-channel.html?m=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭brick man

Just looking at saorview EPG and RTE1+1 comes on at 7pm Tuesday next it stays on air 24hrs a day from then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭jrmb

They're not launching any new content, so I think it's understandable that there isn't much publicity before the actual launch. They'll probably start to say "See it later on +1 and online" after the launch.

There's a lot of confusion around digital services and platforms. Early advertising could just add to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Only evidence available of any change is that RTE1 +1 is 24 hour from Wednesday.
    https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20190213/4104-50/201

But it looks like it's 24 hours only on weekdays. Saorview & Sky EPGs have next Saturday starting at 7pm from 6am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭galtee boy

It's to launch tomorrow, should there not be a test or something on Saorview today, like there is on Sky ?

galtee boy wrote: »
    It's to launch tomorrow, should there not be a test or something on Saorview today, like there is on Sky ?
    You should see a test pattern of you key in channel number 12. There's a separate one on 14.

jrmb wrote: »
    You should see a test pattern of you key in channel number 12. There's a separate one on 14.

Saw that, but Sky now actually showing RTE2+1 programmes with +1 logo etc via other channels, I presume it will appear on EPG tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭StreetLight

jrmb wrote: »

They've been there for years by 2RN. It's a test from RTE we want to see.

They've been there for years by 2RN. It's a test from RTE we want to see.

The test pattern on 2rn gave 5th of Feb date that is on this thread. It was then removed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Elmo wrote: »
    The test pattern on 2rn gave 5th of Feb date that is on this thread. It was then removed?

The label put on the test by 2RN didn't last long at all. It never returned, even with a new launch date.

I'm still seeing the 2RN test card on Saorview channel 12 in Dublin tonight

Usual ineptitude from Saorview, RTE1+1 has gone 24 hour, but no sign of RTE2+1, it was supposed to launch on Feb 5th, then Feb 13th, it's available via Sky on other channels, but not launched on Sky EPG either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Usual ineptitude from Saorview, RTE1+1 has gone 24 hour, but no sign of RTE2+1, it was supposed to launch on Feb 5th, then Feb 13th, it's available via Sky on other channels, but not launched on Sky EPG either.

It wouldn't be due on air til 7pm

Usual ineptitude This has puzzled me because I can't figure out what on earth you are referring to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Sky make EPG changes in the morning. This is unlikely to appear on any platform today.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Sky make EPG changes in the morning. This is unlikely to appear on any platform today.

To me it is strange that RTÉ haven't put bells and whistles on this, either +1s are the best things ever, or not much to talk about. Even if they aren't up to much or unnecessary you still market them before launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

SPDUB wrote:
    Usual ineptitude This has puzzled me because I can't figure out what on earth you are referring to

Have you never seen any ineptitude from Saorview. Do you for instance have or know anybody that has a saorview connect box.

Have you never seen any ineptitude from Saorview. Do you for instance have or know anybody that has a saorview connect box.
    Saorview Connect is the ultimate example of RTE ineptitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Radio Gold

RTE1+1 is on Virgin Media Ireland right now, no sign yet of RTE 2+1

SPDUB wrote: »
    It wouldn't be due on air til 7pm

I assume you're being sarcastic, as the other posters, who beat me to it said, have you ever heard of Saorview Connect ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

I assume you're being sarcastic, as the other posters, who beat me to it said, have you ever heard of Saorview Connect ?

No I am not .

The word "Usual "suggests a continuous pattern of behaviour not a one off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Radio Gold wrote: »
    RTE1+1 is on Virgin Media Ireland right now, no sign yet of RTE 2+1
    Yes, RTE One+1 on Saorview also. We’ll have to wait & see if RTE2+1 appears at 7pm I suppose.

Just looking at RTE2 schedule from Monday 25th February and changes afoot with the simpsons moved to 4pm double episode and ellen talk show at 5pm and TRTE starts now at 12.25pm and am wondering will they wait till then to launch +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

brick man wrote: »
    Just looking at RTE2 schedule from Monday 25th February and changes afoot with the simpsons moved to 4pm double episode and ellen talk show at 5pm and TRTE starts now at 12.25pm and am wondering will they wait till then to launch +1

Oh, very odd. Is there a midterm break that week? Ellen at 5pm is an odd one.

SPDUB wrote: »
    No I am not .

The word "Usual "suggests a continuous pattern of behaviour not a one off

Oh, I'm sorry, let's substitute the word "more" for "usual", happy now ?

Less than 30 minutes to go, RTE are really working up viewers into a frenzy of anticipation with a test card that's been there forever.

UhIYKCI.jpg

iseegirls wrote:

No its after midterm break

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote:

iseegirls wrote:

I've done a rescan and there's absolutely nothing to see on Saorview in Dublin City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

What channel is it supposed to be on 202?

lab man wrote: »
    What channel is it supposed to be on 202?
    On Saorview it's supposed to be 12. 202 is 2FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

jrmb wrote:
    On Saorview it's supposed to be 12. 202 is 2FM.

Not on sky then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

No sign of RTE 2 +1. I've just done a manual scan and zilch.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Radio Gold

No sign of it on Virgin Media either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

No sign of it on my Saorview box either. Very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ditto everyone else, rescan and no +1

Anyone point to me where A. RTÉ have asked the department to change RTÉ2's TRTÉ/RTÉ2 schedule from 4pm to 6pm? B. Where the minister approved this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement