Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

Sujesha wrote: »
    Hi rcallagh, my husband and I are waiting for the snagging to happen as well. I called Gordon today and he gave an estimate of mid october. It’s somehow getting dragged on which is rather frustrating.

Oh God, seriously?!! Is that for the Park or Place...what could the latest delay be?
    Its so frustrating and hard to plan for any real timeline without a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tk89

rcallagh wrote: »
    Oh God, seriously?!! Is that for the Park or Place...what could the latest delay be?

We were told snagging for our house in the Park would be mid to late September only 3 weeks ago. It would be very frustrating if dates fall further behind considering all the delays to date...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sujesha

Tk89 wrote: »
    We were told snagging for our house in the Park would be mid to late September only 3 weeks ago. It would be very frustrating if dates fall further behind considering all the delays to date...

As of today , Gordon told us that snagging at the park would only take place mid October. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sujesha

rcallagh wrote: »

This is for the Park. Looks like it may take longer than expected :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

Hi all, recently moved into the Crescent, would definitely say that it’s well worth the wait, well finished houses and the builders have been great to deal with. Best of luck to everyone waiting to move in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

Has anyone received contracts for northern part of Rahillion Drive?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Derolicte

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Has anyone received contracts for northern part of Rahillion Drive?

Thanks

Our Solicitors received contracts for Rahillion Drive on Tuesday.

Derolicte wrote: »
    Our Solicitors received contracts for Rahillion Drive on Tuesday.

Thanks Derolicte, mine still hasn't received ours. Will check again today. Have you had a chance to see them yourself? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tk89

Hi guys, for anybody who has already moved in (particularly the 4 bed houses) were the following included in the house:
    Attic ladder and/or light in attic space, under-counter lights in kitchen presses, lights in the glass fronted kitchen presses? If you could post here or PM that would be great! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 letter6728

Hi all. Has anyone in the Crescent got broadband yet? We are near the bottom of the Crescent and we were supposed to be with Sky and they've just given us a date of 23rd of November to get broadband up and running. I think they use Eir for their infrastructure.

TK89 we are moving into a 4 bed at the moment and not 100 percent certain but don't think the undercounter lights / cabinet lights are included. I can double-check though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

hey we moved into the crescent last week, had sky organized and all to come over, they came over and the engineer said they couldn't install it.

Said it could be months or years before fiber was installed by eir which sky use. Rang Sky and they were like, ahh no it will be there soon. So we changed contract and got virgin in who has someone around in 2 days to install, all perfect since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

letter6728 wrote: »
    TK89 we are moving into a 4 bed at the moment and not 100 percent certain but don't think the undercounter lights / cabinet lights are included. I can double-check though.

You're right, the lights aren't included. We snagged today ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

jester1980 wrote:
    hey we moved into the crescent last week, had sky organized and all to come over, they came over and the engineer said they couldn't install it.

denisstack wrote:
    You're right, the lights aren't included. We snagged today ourselves.

Are you in Rahillion Park or Place mate. Cheers

dcresham wrote: »
    Are you in Rahillion Park or Place mate. Cheers

Rahillion Park. No ESB yet so we worked off a generator and they were still finishing up a few bits outside but we snagged anyway.

denisstack wrote:
    Rahillion Park. No ESB yet so we worked off a generator and they were still finishing up a few bits outside but we snagged anyway.

We're snagging next week. Hopefully goes ok, all good your side. How was the finish in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

We're snagging next week. Hopefully goes ok, all good your side. How was the finish in general?

We snagged Thursday. We were very happy with the finish so far. House was in excellent condition, and the snagger didn't find anything too concerning. Few bits left to do, we couldn't test the heating & hot water properly as we were working off a generator. Hopefully the meters will be installed in the next week and that won't hold things up.
    Kitchen counters weren't in either but they've been ordered now.
    Landscaping and some gutters left to do also.

We were fairly happy too. As might be expected, plenty cosmetic issues. A few slightly more significant things but I'm sure they'll sort them all out. All fixable, no major / worrying issues. Hopefully the ESB get the job done reasonably quickly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

What are the timelines for deposit - sign contracts - snagging - keys? Is that the right order? We only put down a holding deposit back in August for the latest phase and will have to sell our current house, but that's a long way away by the sounds of things. Trying to get a feel for the timelines and ensure I've everything lined up in good time.

Thanks!

stiofan85 wrote: »
    What are the timelines for deposit - sign contracts - snagging - keys? Is that the right order? We only put down a holding deposit back in August for the latest phase and will have to sell our current house, but that's a long way away by the sounds of things. Trying to get a feel for the timelines and ensure I've everything lined up in good time.

Thanks!

That's the right order and you can probably do the first two relatively quickly. Ours were a few weeks apart as they already had planning permission granted for our house. The rest is hard to say - just depends on how long they take to finish the house. There are a lot of future houses that only got through planning fairly recently (probably a few months ago) - this might be the "latest phase" you're talking about, in which case I'd expect a fairly long wait. I wouldn't pay attention to what an estate agent will tell you anyway. For example, when we move into ours it'll probably be 5 - 6 months after what the estate agent claimed, which isn't at all surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Born78

Hi all,
    we purchased in Rahillion Drive (Phase 3) and construction works are about to start.
    Can someone tell us if the builder was available to agree to little modifications: for example adding extra sockets, changing kitchen shelves colours and so on.
    Btw, we will paying any extra cost.
    Thanks in advance for any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 BWT

Born78 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    we purchased in Rahillion Drive (Phase 3) and construction works are about to start.
    Can someone tell us if the builder was available to agree to little modifications: for example adding extra sockets, changing kitchen shelves colours and so on.

Hi Born78
    We are also in the phase 3. We went to the kitchen people directly to make changes to our kitchen, they sent us a quote for the agreed changes and we pay directly to them. It’s installed by CKB design co Meath.
    I don’t know about extra sockets but would like to know about his too. Hope to put high speed car charging socket out the front of the house.

Hi BWT,
    thanks very much for your answer. very useful.
    Would you mind to pm address of the kitchen provider?
    I would investigate about sockets.

denisstack wrote:
    We were fairly happy too. As might be expected, plenty cosmetic issues. A few slightly more significant things but I'm sure they'll sort them all out. All fixable, no major / worrying issues. Hopefully the ESB get the job done reasonably quickly now.

Snagged too on Friday. Finish was decent and no major issues. Plenty of questions for us though. For anyone who's moved in were your downstairs floors polished?

Born78 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hey

We moved in about 3 weeks ago, once contracts were agreed we went straight to kitchen place and organized all the changes we wanted, there is a window to get in there though as the builders order the items quickly. We added and changed a good few items.

Also we got new sockets etc as well. No issues there.

Snagged too on Friday. Finish was decent and no major issues. Plenty of questions for us though. For anyone who's moved in were your downstairs floors polished?

Hi

We are also signing for Phase 3 shortly - quick question - when you say downstairs floors being polished - do we order the floors through Ballisk and pay them also and will the finished product be fully floored before we move in so? That'd be a gift!

Thanks

No floors included in the Crescent anyway for me and a few ive talked to.

Hi Jester

Thanks for that. I was just wondering if there's an option to have them ordered through and installed by Ballisk and paying for all of this separately. It would just make life easier having all of this in place before the removals company drop everything out to the house.

Thanks again.

I wouldn't think so, it would cause delays etc for them if they did this for every house.

Myself and another girl on here used a carpenter from donabate who now runs a flooring company, he was very very good and 25% cheaper than everyone else, he dopes all the flooring himself, we got the keys on a Friday I think and he had our floors started the Monday after and finished on the tues, Pm if you need details but no harm asking Ballisk but I highly doubt it.

jester1980 wrote:
    Myself and another girl on here used a carpenter from donabate who now runs a flooring company, he was very very good and 25% cheaper than everyone else, he dopes all the flooring himself, we got the keys on a Friday I think and he had our floors started the Monday after and finished on the tues, Pm if you need details but no harm asking Ballisk but I highly doubt it.

Lyncher101 wrote:
    Thanks for that. I was just wondering if there's an option to have them ordered through and installed by Ballisk and paying for all of this separately. It would just make life easier having all of this in place before the removals company drop everything out to the house.

Ballisk won't do any of that for you I fear.

• Advertisement

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Hi Jester

Thanks again.
    Agree with Lincher 101,
    would be possible to know if we can order flooring and Ballisk can put down? I believe this would be faster.
    thanks for any reply

Advertisement