Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin night photo walk

Options
  • 19-10-2015 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am new here, I would like to do a evening walk around Dublin. Oconnall st, the luas, Heineken building, convention center.
    I have wanted to do this for while but I would prefare a group to go, safety in numbers.

Has anybody ever had any trouble with scumbags while taking photos in Dublin at night

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

Hi,

I am new here, I would like to do a evening walk around Dublin. Oconnall st, the luas, Heineken building, convention center.
    I have wanted to do this for while but I would prefare a group to go, safety in numbers.

Has anybody ever had any trouble with scumbags while taking photos in Dublin at night

Cheers

Generally It can be "ok", if your looking for a group of people, best bet is to stick a day and date on this, Wednesdays tend to be the usual, but put a day & date up and see who wants to go. Dont forget a meeting location :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I have been on a few Dublin City photowalks in the past. Never had any trouble but usually I was with a group of Boardies and non boards members. You are wise to go with a group.
    As Phil Taz suggests just put a day and date up here on Boards, usually there will be others who will join you on the night.
    Post something similar to this>>>>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92433947

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I went without a group once and got a bit of trouble down by the point. Probably why you dont see that many photographs here around the end of town at that time of night :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheMightyI

Riamfada wrote: »
    I went without a group once and got a bit of trouble down by the point. Probably why you dont see that many photographs here around the end of town at that time of night :o.

What kind of trouble are we talking? I've done the quays a few times at night and always been ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

5353782281_206f271d39_z.jpgDublin Eye aka Harry's Hoop by Pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    I have also been on the Quays on photowalks at night, so far never had trouble but have been on my guard at times when you see the odd group of teens hanging around. I would advise that it is best to be in a group while photographing at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I've been along there on many occasions alone without any stress at all. I'm not saying that trouble doesn't happen but I'd say it's no more frequent there than any other part of the city.

However there is a significant increase in entertainment levels when you go along with a group of other photographers whose major concern is getting to the pub to discuss the shots you missed. :)

If the walk gets set up I'll (baring unforeseen) tag* along.

*Tag-togging...it's a thing now.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement