Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

He'll be attractive to lots given the fact he'll count in the home grown list. Don't think he'd get a game with any of the current CL teams, though you'd probably argue a case for United, but he'd do well at Liverpool/Everton/Soton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd say Pool are ok for RBs but he can play CB also which would be good leverage for a side bringing him in. He wouldnt be a bad free signing but there is a risk in signing him that he hasnt played much over the last few years and anytime he played with City in the latter part of his career with them he was poor.

Still though I reckon he'll be still in the EPL next season, someone will snap him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd say Pool are ok for RBs .
    We're not actually. Johnson is gone, Flanagan is a sick note and it's not Wisdom's natural position.

Richards would be a first team player for us without a doubt.

We're not actually. Johnson is gone, Flanagan is a sick note and it's not Wisdom's natural position.

Richards would be a first team player for us without a doubt.

He could slot into a back 3 if Rodgers wants to go that way too. I forgot about Flanagans injury actually, I was assuming himself and Wisdom would be in for that and your man Manquillo, is he not a RB? Even if he has not been seen in months. :o

I'd actually take Richards at Chelsea if the wages were very reasonable but if he wants first team football he may have to pick his next time pretty carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd actually take Richards at Chelsea if the wages were very reasonable but if he wants first team football he may have to pick his next time pretty carefully.

He'd walk into Liverpool's team and I really think they should snap him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

McClaren confirmed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ayew to Swansea on a free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He'd walk into Liverpool's team and I really think they should snap him up.

He'd have to be carried in on a stretcher, the guy can't stay fit.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm loathe to defend McClaren, but he came very close to getting Derby up. Wouldn't call his job there a disaster by any means. I think he's a solid manager overall, who has demonstrated an ability to win a league and progress in European competition. A good pick up for Newcastle tbh.

That comb over is indefensible though, jaysus.

He might do well but his catastrophic collapse at Derby resulted in him being sacked. It's pushing it to say he did a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

JPA wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly:D

Still though, he would be company for Sturridge in the physio ward...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

klose wrote: »
    Ayew to Swansea on a free

Will be interesting to see how he does, a lot of talk about him after the world cup. Good backup/second striker but Swansea will still need a good first choice striker. Talk of Charlie Austin, think he would do really well there

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Who is Terry Gibson and what is he smoking?
    Marchisio has looked a better player than Pogba most of the times I've seen them. Not as flashy but more accomplished. With Pogba you'd be paying for potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Marchisio has looked a better player than Pogba most of the times I've seen them. Not as flashy but more accomplished. With Pogba you'd be paying for potential.

Obviously you didn't see them play much this season?

Marchisio was pretty average for most of the season, came good in the last couple of months when he got back in the side as a starter due to injuries.

Before then he wasn't great and lost his spot in the starting lineup. Pogba was superb all through the season up until he suffered from a couple of injuries and even then he played well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dutch press reporting that Bas Dost is in talks with Newcastle as per Ben Lyttleton on Twitter. That'd be a super signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Paully D wrote: »
    Dutch press reporting that Bas Dost is in talks with Newcastle as per Ben Lyttleton on Twitter. That'd be a super signing.

After the season he has had I can't see Wolfsburg willing to sell him to anyone. He still has 2 years to run on his current contract, and it would take serious money for Wolfsburg to agree to a Sale.

And why would he even go to Newcastle? He can play CL next season, play for Titles, earn more money in Wolfsburg etc. And if he wanted to move, I am sure he could find more attractive clubs to move to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

DubDani wrote: »
    After the season he has had I can't see Wolfsburg willing to sell him to anyone. He still has 2 years to run on his current contract, and it would take serious money for Wolfsburg to agree to a Sale.

And why would he even go to Newcastle? He can play CL next season, play for Titles, earn more money in Wolfsburg etc. And if he wanted to move, I am sure he could find more attractive clubs to move to.

I can see them selling him, he had a huge purple patch mid season where he got 14 in around 7 games. 4 of this in one game. Don't think Wolfsburg will ever get more money for him. Very overrated IMO

Also was he not dropped towards the end of the season favour of Bendtner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd rather have Austin personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'd take Micah at Everton, would be a good cover for Coleman and can also play Centre Half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

zerks wrote: »

Hope that's not happening. Sick of Real and these stupid fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Is that meant to be £ or € ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It would significantly weaken City so I'm all for it, and possibly free up Benzema to move on aswell

Real will squander Ageuro anyway

Looks like Richards is joining Villa. What a signing... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

rob316 wrote: »
    Laser?

Markovic I presume.

38 games in the last 4 seasons combined which is obviously less than 10 games a season over that period. I knew it was bad, but :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think 40 would be fair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

AdamD wrote: »
    I think 40 would be fair

+£1 would probably get it over the line alright...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Adam Bogdan confirmed to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So they replaced one eternal talent (Sulejmani) with another one.

Not this years transfer but one that could effect Arsenal, probably wont mind you.
    Arsenal have been charged for allegedly breaching The FA’s Football Agents Regulations.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/jun/arsenal-charged-over-calum-chambers-transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Looks like Jackson Martinez will become Milan's first big money signing for a long time after Porto's president came out today and said he chose Milan and he wants him to be happy.

Rumours of Ibrahimovic back to Milan and another 50-60 million worth of players after him.

Hopefully we'll see both Milanese sides improving next season and giving Juventus a run for their money in Serie A.

Very strange not having one of AC or Inter in the CL!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Where's the money coming from with Milan? They usually don't have that much, do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Where's the money coming from with Milan? They usually don't have that much, do they?

New owners? I'm not sure if the sale went through yet but the last I heard it was almost completed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

48% of the club for half a billion to some Thai dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

48% of the club for half a billion to some Thai dude.

They have name brand value around the world, but those figures are crazy IMO. Fair play to Berlusconi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

They have name brand value around the world, but those figures are crazy IMO. Fair play to Berlusconi.

Yeah, it doesn't add up at all. The club is estimated to be worth 775m by Forbes and he's getting 500m for 48% :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

The potential for Milan to tap into the Asian market is through the roof. €470M for 48% is still a lot of money but the bargaining power of Berlusconi was extremely strong as he owned the entirety of the club and didn't need to sell.

Fininvest, Berlusconi's holding company have loaned the club the money to spend in the transfer market if what I've read is true and after Martinez there's probably another €80m to spend plus wages have been freed up already by players out of contract and being moved on.

I'd expect Kondogbia to be the next signing made and possibly Ibrahimovic. Atletico Madrid's Miranda is the prime target for CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If you're a crazy billionaire, the clubs worth buying are running short.

Italy's very much on the way back.

Was listening to football weekly the other day and they spoke about how strong financially Juve were again too - no need to sell anyone.

Sunderland trying to get Carl Jenkinson on loan, per the Sunderland Echo. I'd be happy with that but I'm sure he'll have other offers he'd prefer (such as West Ham for another season), however, The Telegraph reporting that Sunderland will offer a £2m loan fee to sweeten the deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11672633/Sunderland-offer-2m-loan-fee-for-Arsenals-Carl-Jenkinson.html

https://twitter.com/BumperGraham/status/610535451351457792

They don't seem to care about the transfer ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

gosplan wrote: »
    If you're a crazy billionaire, the clubs worth buying are running short.

Italy's very much on the way back.

Was listening to football weekly the other day and they spoke about how strong financially Juve were again too - no need to sell anyone.

Think Juve are massively helped by the fact they own the stadium, i could be wrong though :o

astonaidan wrote: »
    Think Juve are massively helped by the fact they own the stadium, i could be wrong though :o

Juve are currently the only Serie A side with their own stadium. Everyone else pays most of their gate to the city councils. Roma just got final permission to build their new stadium and Milan are a few months away from getting final go ahead for their new stadium which is closer to the city centre.

Juve are definitely way ahead of the pack financially right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭batistuta9

astonaidan wrote: »

not sure what they bring in from the stadium but they're massively helped from the champions league money.

italy has huge CL deal, there's only 3 teams to spilt it.
    napoli out in the groups for a few seasons & this year in the qualifiers, same may happen to lazio next season, means more for juve as they get further

i think they're set to make over €100mil from it this year, more that anyone else in europe & got the most for 12/13 as well despite being KOd in the quarters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »

That will be the end of moody players like Rami and Menez. I can't see Mihajlovic putting up with their moaning when things don't go their way. He'll have them both out the door before the season starts.

However, I can see the hard workers like Poli, Bonaventura, Abate and Pazzini doing very well under him.

Advertisement