Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

6.0 vs Cabinteely not sure what the point was of playing us, they wont play anyone like us in the 1st division. Hard to judge them other than they are all really really small. They had a shot tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Don't really know where the negative opinion of elding comes from. Scored in most games he's played in our league. Can't say that about anyone else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Don't really know where the negative opinion of elding comes from. Scored in most games he's played in our league. Can't say that about anyone else.

He started off exceptionally well at Sligo but his form took a nosedive.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    6.0 vs Cabinteely not sure what the point was of playing us, they wont play anyone like us in the 1st division. Hard to judge them other than they are all really really small. They had a shot tho.

I wonder if some of them were trialists or was that their first choice team. Weren't really up to much anyway.

Their kit looks like Northern Ireland's

He started off exceptionally well at Sligo but his form took a nosedive.
    The teams form did. Then North took his place and also failed to score much.

When two good strikers are failing to score you have to think maybe its not entirely their fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Report on foot.ie

Meeting due to take place tonight between Wexford Football League, FAI and Wexford Youths to secure future of Ferrycarrig Park. Essentially, proposal will involve substantial payment from Wexford League for right to use facilities with option for Mick Wallace to buy back the grounds after ten years. John Delaney will be in attendance.

FAI has already agreed price with receiver for Ferrycarrig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Galway United beat the NUIG Collingwood Cup team 2-0 this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Report on foot.ie

Meeting due to take place tonight between Wexford Football League, FAI and Wexford Youths to secure future of Ferrycarrig Park. Essentially, proposal will involve substantial payment from Wexford League for right to use facilities with option for Mick Wallace to buy back the grounds after ten years. John Delaney will be in attendance.

FAI has already agreed price with receiver for Ferrycarrig

Sounds like a good resolution for us, since presumably we won't be paying rent to anybody. Could have gone a lot worse

Sounds like a good resolution for us, since presumably we won't be paying rent to anybody. Could have gone a lot worse

Hopefully, there will be additional resources for maintenance. The complex is in severe need of TLC

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mulcahy back to Bohs

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Robbed from our forum, altho looks like it was cut from somewhere else
    Bray Wanderers are one of three clubs who have yet to be granted a licence to compete in the League of Ireland this coming season.

Bray are the only Premier Division club to not receive a licence. Cobh ramblers and Athlone Town are the other clubs awaiting approval from the Independent Club Licensing Committee of the FAI.

The committee are seeking clarification from bray in relation to its application, and further information from Athlone and Cobh.

The committee awarded 12 Premier Division licenses and five First Division licenses. If Bray are unable to meet the criteria required then Waterford Utd would be next in line to take the vacant Premier Division slot, as the next ranked club with a Premier Division licence.

im sure as usual it will all pan out... still imagine Waterford going up after finishing second last behind shams B...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

15 different clubs in about as many years, Terrible attitude and literally offers nothing from open play. He gave some of the worst striker performances i've ever seen in the Showgrounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup. Screams journeyman. Was a complete and utter disaster at Cork City. Not sure did he even play 200 minutes. Was glad to see the back of him.

Whats Derry? His 17th club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Journeyman LEGEND

IgnorantVastGraysquirrel.gif
    IgnorantVastGraysquirrel#?format=gif

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Limerick FC have released a statement in relation to the Markets Field

http://www.limerickfc.ie/statement-from-the-chairman-markets-field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I know Limerick were banking on a March in Markets Field to keep them going. This could be absolutely disastrous, I wonder what the options are now? I can only see the using Thomond if its given to them as a favour.

Could forfeit home advantage, shockingly its been done before in the league.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Could forfeit home advantage, shockingly its been done before in the league.
    Surely they'd have to do that for the full season then, even if markets field were completed mid season. Otherwise it gives unfair advantage to teams playing an extra home game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Surely they'd have to do that for the full season then, even if markets field were completed mid season. Otherwise it gives unfair advantage to teams playing an extra home game.

Surely the next away games would be switched back to Limerick?

Some lark going on with Bray not having a licence yet. Apparently it's only something that needs clearing up though so hopefully it'll be alright.

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    15 different clubs in about as many years, Terrible attitude and literally offers nothing from open play. He gave some of the worst striker performances i've ever seen in the Showgrounds.
    From open play? He offers goals. Lots of them.

We've had strikers that worked hard but couldn't score in recent years too. I'd take Elding over Blinkhorn..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Wee bit harsh on Blinkhorn there tbh. His link up play was absolutely immaculate. Elding is definitely a gamble, but has the ability to destroy opposition teams at this level. Keeping some discipline on him will be a job in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mushy wrote: »
    Surely the next away games would be switched back to Limerick?.

They could play as the designated home team at the actual home of whoever they're facing I suppose.

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Elding has scored in tonight's friendly versus Institute anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We are 5-1 up away to Castlebar tonight after knocking in 12 on Sunday. Corcoran and Nielsen have scored again. Future POTY Sander Puri has a goal and assist so far.

I know we've only played 1st Div and non league teams but I haven't been this excited about Rovers in a while. The 7th can't come quick enough.

Edit: 6-1. Puri assist for Dinny's second hattrick in the space of 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Limerick don't plan on ceding home advantage according to our statement. It's a bit of a shambles, the dogs in the street have known it wouldn't be ready in time, there's been photos doing the rounds showing paperwork from January saying there was 18 weeks of work ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's a bit crazy though...have to admit, I was looking forward to going to the Bohs match there, purely to get a life home off my Da rather than getting the train back to Dublin.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah intended on going up for the game, can see it being played in Dalymount now.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Limerick don't plan on ceding home advantage according to our statement. It's a bit of a shambles, the dogs in the street have known it wouldn't be ready in time, there's been photos doing the rounds showing paperwork from January saying there was 18 weeks of work ahead.

Was going to say that no one should be surprised by this news. The photos released a few weeks ago showed that little to no work had been done on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Why can't they just go back to the egg ball ground?

Seven Worlds will Collide

i wonder what Bray, Cobh and Athlone have done or not done to not get a licence when Limerick can get one without having a ground!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never has a club talked so much but delivered so little as Limerick.

For years I have heard so much hope about the club but it always same. Such a pity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mushy wrote: »
    Surely the next away games would be switched back to Limerick?

This is what I would have said. If it is only "short term" then they'll just apply to switch the home/away fixtures in the affected games.

I'm sure that has been done even in other leagues, albeit probably not for the same reason as Limerick's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wilberto wrote: »
    This is what I would have said. If it is only "short term" then they'll just apply to switch the home/away fixtures in the affected games.

I'm sure that has been done even in other leagues, albeit probably not for the same reason as Limerick's.
    I imagine Limerick would have to concede home advantage rather than a switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Why can't they just go back to the egg ball ground?

Think Munster have a few games there during that period & also cost i'd imagine.Didn't O'Sullavin(the CEO) say he wasn't bankrolling the club anymore?

Wilberto wrote: »

They have to forfeit home advantage, its tough but not the other teams problem.

We one of the teams affected so im sure we will help Limerick out and reverse the fixture.

Cabinteey FC V Wexford Youths is predicted to be a sell out. Youths fans have been advised to get tickets in advance

http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/club-news/390-ticketing-update-for-cabinteely-away-match-06-03-2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Public Order Unit on standby. The Landsdowne Riot of 95 will pale in comparison.

Just hold the away fan back for 10 minutes so he can't fight the home fan afterwards. Situation averted.

Donelan and Keating gone to Harps on loan. Good for them to get regular football but leaves us a little short up front and at left back.

Keating will do damage at that level. Did well for them last season and didn't look out of place for us in the premier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What's the best way to get out to Cabinteely's ground via public transport?

• Advertisement

Donelan and Keating gone to Harps on loan. Good for them to get regular football but leaves us a little short up front and at left back.

Keating will do damage at that level. Did well for them last season and didn't look out of place for us in the premier.
    yep delighted to get Keating back, needed the firepower. still has a bit of work to do on his finishing but attitude, workrate and general play were all excellent. In saying that he still finished as our top scorer :/

Only seen 1 sub appearance by Donelan, whats he like? also any Derry lads care to comment on Nathan Boyle?
    Tagbo also set to sign up front but problems with international clearance. Happy with our squad though, strengthened well in the positions we struggled last year

Haven't seen much of donelan. What I have has been good.

Real good group of young lads we have at the moment. Boylan and Armstrong look to be great prospects too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

monkey9 wrote: »

46 a and then 2 min walk or the dart to salthill 15 min walk.

Just hold the away fan back for 10 minutes so he can't fight the home fan afterwards. Situation averted.

Smartarse,

We're both making the trip to Cabinteely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I find it hard to imagine the match will actually sell out, I presume their capacity is 500 or 600 roughly? Youths will presumably bring about 50, not sure where the other 550 South Dublin LOI fans will come from, presumably they would all already be supporting a club.

I'll reserve my ticket with the club all the same :)

Novelty factor Darkglasses. Remember we had over 2,000 at our 1st home game. Cabinteely think a lot of their schoolboy players with parents will turn up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Cabinteely think a lot of their schoolboy players with parents will turn up
    They may well do. They've got something like 60 teams and almost 1,000 members in total. If they can encourage everyone at the club to get behind the new senior team, they might get some decent crowds. Two or three people associated with each team, plus friends and family members, could add up very quickly.

djpbarry wrote: »
    They may well do. They've got something like 60 teams and almost 1,000 members in total. If they can encourage everyone at the club to get behind the new senior team, they might get some decent crowds. Two or three people associated with each team, plus friends and family members, could add up very quickly.

They dont need the money from gates so could realistically offer free in but the FAI dont allow that.

If all Junior clubs followed suit and created a 4 or 5 tier pyramid it would be great for LOI, but it wont happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

monkey9 wrote: »

No.4 leaves you about 100 yards from the ground

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I'm not too happy that Keating has been sent back to Harps. I think he's past the point of First Division football being of any help to his development.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement