Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2020

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,994 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The back row battle between these teams is gonna be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The back row battle between these teams is gonna be epic.

Luke Jacobson and Lachlan Boshier are both the future of the ABs. Jacobson has already been capped but will get many more - injury permitting. Chiefs looking very light in the second row with 2 injuries and a monster on holiday. Also worth noting Cruden is benched, I'm thinking if DC plays then it will be off the bench as well.

lets not forget that both shannon frizell and dillion hunt are all black capped as well.... but yeah i can see there being a tight battle between all these for AB squad spots going forward.

i still expect the chiefs to win this one, they have a lot stronger bench with the likes of cruden, nanai-seturo and TTT to come on.

But if we can get a good platform up from it wont be the 10 point spread that bookies are predicting.

I was born in Hamilton so I'm biased, but Boshier has arguably been the standout NZ backrow for the first half of the season. Hunt has fallen off the radar a bit and Frizzell is hot and cold. If he could incorporate a bit of Collins/Kaino brick wall 6 into his game, he's be a much better player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

A question.

Any lists the KO time for highlanders Vs Chiefs Live @ 7:30am Saturday.

The official KO time for the game is 17:05. Presumably local time

Presuming sky are having a build up of 35 mins that’s fine.

But on time zone translators have 17:05 NZ as 5:05GMT meaning the game will be over before sky broadcast it?

What’s up with that???
    Is there daylight savings at play or something?

• Advertisement

A question.

But on time zone translators have 17:05 NZ as 5:05GMT meaning the game will be over before sky broadcast it?

What’s up with that???

Use a better time zone convertor?

See attached

Use a better time zone convertor?

See attached

KO time is 17:05 not 19:05.

A question.

What’s up with that???

Yes, 17:05NZ is 5:05GMT, but we're in Daylight Savings Time, so it would be 6:05 our time. Not that that matters, because the official kick-off time is 19:05NZ.

13 June Highlanders v Chiefs 7:05 PM (8:05AM Irish Time)
    14 June Blues v Hurricanes 3:35 PM (4:35AM Irish Time)

KO time is 17:05 not 19:05.

Check again.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yes, 17:05NZ is 5:05GMT, but we're in Daylight Savings Time, so it would be 6:05 our time. Not that that matters, because the official kick-off time is 19:05NZ.

13 June Highlanders v Chiefs 7:05 PM (8:05AM Irish Time)
    14 June Blues v Hurricanes 3:35 PM (4:35AM Irish Time)

Not according to super rugby it isn’t.
    https://www.allblacks.com/news/investec-super-rugby-aotearoa-ready-to-kick-off-in-june

Unless that’s old timings and they changed it.

Ah, I see later tweets that list the time as 19:05.

• Advertisement

To be fair I don't think some websites were updated the kick off times after the move to level 1 alert.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12338141#:~:text=NZR%20Head%20of%20Professional%20Rugby,3.35pm%20for%20Sunday%20games.

Not according to super rugby it isn’t.
    https://www.allblacks.com/news/investec-super-rugby-aotearoa-ready-to-kick-off-in-june

Unless that’s old timings and they changed it.

https://super.rugby/superrugby/fixtures/

To be fair I don't think some websites were updated the kick off times after the move to level 1 alert.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12338141#:~:text=NZR%20Head%20of%20Professional%20Rugby,3.35pm%20for%20Sunday%20games.

I found that since alright, bit stupid considering the first link I found in google after searching super rugby Aotearoa brought up that link with old info.

I found that since alright, bit stupid considering the first link I found in google after searching super rugby Aotearoa brought up that link with old info.

The first link?

Not for me on Google in chrome. That "all black" link (from a month ago!) doesn't even appear on the first page

Blues team to face the Hurricanes:

15 Beauden Barrett
    14 Mark Telea
    13 Rieko Ioane
    12 TJ Faiane
    11 Caleb Clarke
    10 Otere Black
    9 Sam Nock
    8 Hoskins Sotutu
    7 Blake Gibson
    6 Tom Robinson
    5 Josh Goodhue
    4 Patrick Tuipulotu (c)
    3 Ofa Tuungafasi
    2 James Parsons
    1 Alex Hodgman

Reserves:

16 Kurt Ekland
    17 Ezekiel Lindenmuth
    18 Marcel Renata
    19 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti
    20 Dalton Papalii
    21 Fin Christie
    22 Harry Plummer
    23 Matt Duffie

The Hurricanes team to face the Blues in Auckland is:

15) Chase Tiatia

14) Wes Goosen

13) Vince Aso

12) Ngani Laumape

11) Ben Lam

10) Jackson Garden-Bachop

9) TJ Perenara [CC]

8) Gareth Evans

7) Du’Plessis Kirifi

6) Reed Prinsep

5) Scott Scrafton

4) James Blackwell

3) Tyrel Lomax

2) Dane Coles [CC]

1) Fraser Armstrong

Reserves

16) Asafo Aumua

17) Tevita Mafileo

18) Alex Fidow

19) Isaia Walker-Leawere

20) Vaea Fifita

21) Ardie Savea

22) Jamie Booth

23) Billy Proctor

Decent Blues side, no DC but that isn't too much of a surprise. Expect to see him carrying water and signing autographs.

That Canes starting 15 is fairly weak outside the obvious names.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Well Super Rugby AU will look different
    Rugby Australia announced on Friday that seven new law trials will be introduced into the Super Rugby AU competition, kicking off on July 3

1. When an attacking player carrying the ball is held up in the in-goal or knocks the ball on play restarts with a goal line drop-out

2. When a kick enters the in-goal area and is forced by the defending team play restarts with a goal line drop-out

3. A kick originating in the attacking 22m area cannot be marked by the defending team within their own 22m area. The kick can however be marked within the defending team’s in-goal area and play restarts with a 22m line drop- out

4. A red carded player can be replaced after 20 minutes

5. 50/22 - A kick taken from within the defending team’s 50m area that travels into touch within the opposition’s 22m area having first bounced in the field of play results in a lineout throw to the kicking team

6. 22/50 - A kick taken from within the defending team’s 22m area that travels into touch within the opposition’s 50m area having first bounced in the field of play results in a lineout throw to the kicking team

7. Super Time - (2 x 5min periods of extra time) in the event of a drawn game after regulation time where the first points scored wins the match for the scoring team

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/06/12/super-rugby-au-law-changes

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'll try to tune into this tomorrow. I haven't watched Super Rugby with any interest for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

hahashake wrote: »
    Decent Blues side, no DC but that isn't too much of a surprise. Expect to see him carrying water and signing autographs.

That Canes starting 15 is fairly weak outside the obvious names.

I think thats a very good Canes side. Strong bench with a 6/2 split.

I see Akira isn't in the Blues squad. Wonder if he is injured or just spent too much time sitting around and eating during the lockdown. Knowing the Blues my guess is that he is going to end up in a different NZ Super Rugby in the next year or so and become a very good AB or move to Europe and become one of the best club players in the world.

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »

I see Akira isn't in the Blues squad. Wonder if he is injured or just spent too much time sitting around and eating during the lockdown. Knowing the Blues my guess is that he is going to end up in a different NZ Super Rugby in the next year or so and become a very good AB or move to Europe and become one of the best club players in the world.

listening to some previews during the week, it was suggested that akira would be facing stiff competition from sotutu for that 8 jersey, who appears to be highly rated. Sotutu did get a few starts ahead of akira before the lockdown.

i could see akira moving to france and being a superstar there

listening to some previews during the week, it was suggested that akira would be facing stiff competition from sotutu for that 8 jersey, who appears to be highly rated. Sotutu did get a few starts ahead of akira before the lockdown.

That or become a connoisseur of French cuisine.;):p
    Yeah_Right wrote:
    Didn't want to name names initially but Blackwell, Prinsep and Garden-Bachop strike me as poor players at this level. And a few of the others are fine but unlikely to ever see higher honours, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

I'm a fan of Akira but Sotutu was going very well. NZ always manage to find a few handy backrowers - Jacobson was really unlucky with his concussion but was looking good beforehand, and the Crusaders looked like they found a gem with Cullen Grace.

Last charge for anyone interested in joining in with the predictor game ..... just follow the link below

Join boards.ie SR 2020, my Super Rugby Restart league on @Superbru! You can find my pool here:

https://www.superbru.c.../pool.php?p=12237081

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

delitops

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

'Mon the landers!!!!

Ioane out and hunt in at 10.

Fcuk!!!!!!

Big drop down there

Expect a few handling errors

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Mitch Hunt's kicking style is real odd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Might be working on 5 hours sleep but I'll be ****ed if I'm missing this. £34 for a NowTV spots pass for the month seems like good value (not an offer or anything). Isn't sky sports about £40 on top of your normal sky package?

Advertisement