Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Oh Look An Eagle (as always)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bear Down is me

Any idea on when we draft? 30 rounds by 12 should only take 2 hours or so but i reckon it would be important for majority to be online given its dynasty

Can do up a doodle poll for the next month or so?
    To see if there's an evening that the majority of us could make.

Earlier we organise it the more likely people will be to save the day and can get maximum participation in the draft

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

4thandforever is my team name...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Marshall Mavericks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I'm UCD Franchise, should be easy to remember
    :p
    Has the scoring been updated UCD?

Also, probably a good idea for everyone to put post their team name so we all know who is who for trade talk, banter etc.

My team: New Ireland Patriots

Yeah just did it there, and if you're cool with doing the doodle poll, fire away that would be much appreciated. Still haven't got a definitive roster size though, would like to hear more feedback on this

• Advertisement

Three options for each day between now and Opening Day:
    -Yes
    -(Yes)? - if needed
    -No

Fill out the poll with your boards username and availability, then we will pick the day that has the most possible people available.

http://doodle.com/iz48imafgvqhdayb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Three options for each day between now and Opening Day:
    -Yes
    -(Yes)? - if needed
    -No

Fill out the poll with your boards username and availability, then we will pick the day that has the most possible people available.

http://doodle.com/iz48imafgvqhdayb

Filled it out there, basic synopsis: Midweek = Good, Weekend = Bad. I'd be available most evenings.

From memory of previous drafts the most common times were midweek nights around 9 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Filled it out there, basic synopsis: Midweek = Good, Weekend = Bad. I'd be available most evenings.

I'd be the same as this, weekday evenings are best for me but as long as i have decent notice i can do pretty much any day

Thanks Rob, filled out my days (I'm same as others I could probably do a weekend day with some notice) also put in the sack scoring you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Bedrock Boulders. Just filled in the pole.

• Advertisement

Finished the poll there, basically any time after 9.45pm Mon-Fri is definitely fine but most days after 7pm is fine. Saturday is probably a no go. and Sunday after 6pm is grand any time.

9 people filled in poll so far.
    Still waiting on: mayordenis, barbarians, eagle eye

Still haven't seen team names from: mayordenis, barbarians, eagle eye, CoachTO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

9 people filled in poll so far.
    Still waiting on: mayordenis, barbarians, eagle eye

Still haven't seen team names from: mayordenis, barbarians, eagle eye, CoachTO

CoachTO = Lomira Lions Slinger Owls
    eagle eye = Foxboro Legends

Don't know what teams mayordenis or barbarians are.

Draft order is up on ESPN.

1. UCD Franchise - UCD AFC.
    2. Dunluce Demons - JaMarcus Hustle
    3. Lomira Lions / Slinger Owls - CoachTO
    4. Foxboro Legends - eagle eye
    5. Bedrock Boulders - Masked_man
    6. Marshall Mavericks - UnitedIrishman
    7. Oh Look An Eagle - Mr. Guappa
    8. Bear Down - Spongey1975
    9. Baa Baas - barbarians
    10. Footballox Footballox - mayordenis
    11. team 4thandforever -adrian522
    12. New Ireland Patriots - BigBadRob83

Hate picking at the end of a round. The double picks are a pain with 22 picks until next one will end up with a few reaches I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Draft order is up on ESPN.

1. UCD Franchise - UCD AFC.
    2. Dunluce Demons - JaMarcus Hustle
    3. Lomira Lions / Slinger Owls - CoachTO
    4. Foxboro Legends - eagle eye
    5. Bedrock Boulders - Masked_man
    6. Marshall Mavericks - UnitedIrishman
    7. Oh Look An Eagle - Mr. Guappa
    8. Bear Down - Spongey1975
    9. Baa Baas - barbarians
    10. Footballox Footballox - mayordenis
    11. team 4thandforever -adrian522
    12. New Ireland Patriots - BigBadRob83

Hate picking at the end of a round. The double picks are a pain with 22 picks until next one will end up with a few reaches I'd say.

I hope thats not the Draft order even though im in 3rd spot:
    Draft Settings
    Draft Type:SnakeDraft DateNot Set
    Seconds Per Pick: 90
    Draft Order: Manually Set by League Manager
    Allow Draft Pick Trading: Yes

It should be Randomised by the CPU.

It will be random, that is just order people joined - don't worry.

Just looking at the poll there, all 9 of us done it so far are good for Monday the 27th, hopefully the other 3 lads are cool with that date

PM'd the guys who haven't filled in the poll so hopefully will know soon enough.
    Would be great if we could get all 12 guys together for it, especially as it's Dynasty and so deep (those pre-draft rankings can only go so far).

Results of the poll are in, all 12 of us have completed

Draft Day: Monday 27th August

Only day that all 12 are available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

What time is the draft going to be? I wont be around until after 8 that night.

• Advertisement

CoachTO wrote: »

I doubt there'd be much hassle leaving it until 9/9:30pm. I'm fine with it anyway.

CoachTO wrote: »

Im fine with 9pm too

Yeah 9pm good for me too

I'd be fine with 9, but how long will this draft go on for? I'd assume it will be much longer than a regular draft

UCD AFC wrote: »
    I'd be fine with 9, but how long will this draft go on for? I'd assume it will be much longer than a regular draft

Twice as long so i reckon about 2 hours

I'm good with that time.

Quick question - is it a standard bench size or how many will there be?

Quick question - is it a standard bench size or how many will there be?

Right now it is 15 starters and 15 bench, however some people suggested extra 5 men on the bench, and then keep 30 players. This would mean you drop 5 end of every year to make room for the rookie draft (i say rookie draft, it will also have anyone who wasn't kept by their teams or selected initially)

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Right now it is 15 starters and 15 bench, however some people suggested extra 5 men on the bench, and then keep 30 players. This would mean you drop 5 end of every year to make room for the rookie draft (i say rookie draft, it will also have anyone who wasn't kept by their teams or selected initially)

Mentioned this when it was brought up before, I'm pretty happy with 30 as the roster size.
    Would be fine with 25 keepers and having to throwback 5 guys into the rookie/available draft.
    Even at that lower number you're still keeping all 15 starters and 10 backups, seems plenty to me.
    If rosters go up to 35 then I could see there being little or no turnover on the roster, and personally I prefer having to make decisions on those marginal guys like that one or the other rather than just sitting on them, adds a little more activity to the league.

• Advertisement

Yeah I would agree with that. It will be nice to have some waiver activity.

Set the draft date and order will be randomized one hour before draft (16:00 ET is correct right?)

Advertisement