Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper / fast food in Cork

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

dh0661 wrote: »
    I was just checking the poll, how can there be such a vast differance between lennox bandon road @ 34.12% and lennox tory top road @ 1.18% - I presume that both shops are serving the same food, and are run by the same managment ?
    different management, some long saga about lennox brothers falling out or such. only bandon road is jackie lennoxes, the others (tory top rd, anglesea st, carrigaline) are cf lennoxes.

kc do manky chips. the other stuff tehy do just dont make up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Lennox's have gone mangey with their burgers and portions of chips.

A shame, they used to be the best by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Mimmo's in Cobh. Or is that Nimmo's?
    Nearest thing to heaven even if you have to struggle up the hill full of Beamish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was just checking the poll, how can there be such a vast differance between lennox bandon road @ 34.12% and lennox tory top road @ 1.18% - I presume that both shops are serving the same food, and are run by the same managment ?

Totally different. One is tasty and good, the other is horrible and quite possibly infectious...

Jackie Lennox >>>> CF Lennox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

dulpit wrote: »
    Totally different. One is tasty and good, the other is horrible and quite possibly infectious...

Jackie Lennox >>>> CF Lennox

Lads I'm a Corky living in Kerry (for my sins) -- which one is which ? :confused:
    I don't want to be sick before I get back down to Clon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Bandon Road is the good one

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Bandon Road is the good one

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

where is The golden fry ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Golden Fry is just by the the church in Ballinlough, man i want so much right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Which Lennox's is the one at the top of barrack st?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭buachaillbeoir

Which Lennox's is the one at the top of barrack st?

bandon road jackie lennoxes!!!

Best chipper by far in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Barties, Ballyphehane Road, followed by KC's in Douglas. No arguments. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

bandon road jackie lennoxes!!!

Best chipper by far in the world

Right you are! I might just pick up a bag tonight!

Right you are! I might just pick up a bag tonight!

lol i used to live a few doors down from it, put on about 2 stone while i was there cuz we ate there almost every night!!

as for kc's in douglas its really nice but its not exactly a chipper is it?? lol

as for kc's in douglas its really nice but its not exactly a chipper is it?? lol

If it sells real chips made from fresh potatoes, it's a chipper !!!!!!!!!!!
    If it sells so called chips that came out of a freezer, it's not a proper chipper, and there should be a law against it.

If it sells real chips made from fresh potatoes, it's a chipper !!!!!!!!!!!
    If it sells so called chips that came out of a freezer, it's not a proper chipper, and there should be a law against it.

i had to confer with my gf here, but she says there made from real potatoes!!

i had to confer with my gf here, but she says there made from real potatoes!!

In my humble opinion, If you had to ask somebody else if the chips were real or frozen, I'd be wondering if your a real connoisseur of chippers, or were you on the way home from the pub, when any old sh*t will do. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rebecca666 mg

the best chipper in cork is the one in mallow it da best ever but have no clue whats its called. does anybody no? x x

In my humble opinion, If you had to ask somebody else if the chips were real or frozen, I'd be wondering if your a real connoisseur of chippers, or were you on the way home from the pub, when any old sh*t will do. :confused:

well to be honest i only ate there twice, not after the pub but i only had there kebabs, not the chips. My gf lived down the road from it and she still says lennoxes bandon road. :D:D

the best chipper in cork is the one in mallow it da best ever but have no clue whats its called. does anybody no? x x

From my knowledge of Mallow, there are several chippers in the town, so asking for the name of one, when there are several is a bit of a puzzle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Iliketea

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Right lads set the poll up so get voting!

I really have nothing to do today!

Why are all the chippers in the southside on this poll?

Us northsiders know better.Murphys in gearld griffan st,Cons next to the parochial hall and knocknaheeny chipper are superior to any of those on the poll

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Bartie's at the top of Ballyhooley Road on the road to Mayfield, on the northside is damn fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

Iliketea wrote: »
    Why are all the chippers in the southside on this poll?

Us northsiders know better.Murphys in gearld griffan st,Cons next to the parochial hall and knocknaheeny chipper are superior to any of those on the poll

i have to agree Cons next to the parochial hall wins hands down

Why is hillbillys not in this poll?????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Tony255 wrote: »
    Why is hillbillys not in this poll?????

I'd imagine because Hillbilly's isn't really a chipper.. and it's gross.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

hillbillys is savage, but not a chipper

for out of town chippers, taht place on teh main st in midleton that's a fishmongers by day is savage for a battersausage and chips on yer way home

From my knowledge of Mallow, there are several chippers in the town, so asking for the name of one, when there are several is a bit of a puzzle.
    its the one across from the lidl car park. it small but the best. do u no it?

Tree wrote: »
    hillbillys is savage, but not a chipper

for out of town chippers, taht place on teh main st in midleton that's a fishmongers by day is savage for a battersausage and chips on yer way home
    spent a weekend in a hotel there and was in that chipper and it good but my m8t got sick from it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

spent a weekend in a hotel there and was in that chipper and it good but my m8t got sick from it!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure it wasn't the 10 pints he washed it down with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

went for a fish n chops on good friday in the commons road dino's, well impressed, o briens must have put the fish in the fryer it was so big

• Advertisement

Bros123 wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't the 10 pints he washed it down with?
    well it was one or the other hard to tell but he wont eat chipper food anymore. i had it and it was grand still puked it up mind!!

Advertisement