Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New banking access setup from today: AIB

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Looks like they are tighten up the system from 2nd October. got this email

The latest version of our Mobile App went live on the App store and Google Play store in September. Only the latest version of the AIB Mobile App has Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) security features. Without SCA security, you may not be able to access your online accounts from 2nd October. (Of course, if you have already set up for SCA, you don't need to take any further action).
    I don't want to do my banking on my mobile, I want to use my computer
    That's ok. You won't have do your banking on a mobile. The AIB Mobile App has the inbuilt security to act as the 'second lock' for your online accounts. Then, when you access your internet banking via your computer, we'll send a confirmation notification to your mobile app to make sure that it's really you. It's a really easy way to set up SCA. Alternatively, if you don't want to use a mobile phone at all, you can set up SCA with a Card Reader. You can order a Card Reader free of charge through the 'Services & Settings' section on Online Banking.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

now the mobile app isn't working on my mobile anymore. keep getting a "connection insecure" error. so right now i'm completely locked out of all my aib bank accounts. have been with aib since 1993 but this is the end. i'm gonna switch banks. kbc look like a good alternative.

bb12 wrote: »
    now the mobile app isn't working on my mobile anymore. keep getting a "connection insecure" error. so right now i'm completely locked out of all my aib bank accounts. have been with aib since 1993 but this is the end. i'm gonna switch banks. kbc look like a good alternative.

The internet login is off line as well. i have been... since 1990 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

bb12 wrote: »

The AIB site is having issues - they tweeted that about an hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

Did anyone else when they clicked the "choose another option" get the ability to instead have a 6 digit pin text to your phone? instead of using the app

my wife (without the app on her phone) had this option made available to her when she logged in and clicked on "choose another option" and has set it up this way, and now is no longer being asked to set up the other ways, i too would like this option but it doesn't come up for me when i click the same link instead mine goes straight to the card reader option..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Gru wrote: »
    Did anyone else when they clicked the "choose another option" get the ability to instead have a 6 digit pin text to your phone? instead of using the app

my wife (without the app on her phone) had this option made available to her when she logged in and clicked on "choose another option" and has set it up this way, and now is no longer being asked to set up the other ways, i too would like this option but it doesn't come up for me when i click the same link instead mine goes straight to the card reader option..

No, I didn’t anyway. I’d much prefer that to the card reader. I had a card reader already, I wonder if that makes any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adrynov

My wife is with AIB and they have been trying our patience. I won't bore you with details, but honestly a little child acts more logically.

E.g. Do you know what happens when you make a purchase in the US/UK online and receive an SMS to confirm it? You say Yes, the next morning your debit card is blocked. On three occasions, pure coincidence.

Alright, we installed this little gem of a mobile app on her mobile. A few swears here, lots of data checks there. All correct.

In an hour or so, the app demands to re-enter the PAC. Weird, we do not have to remember that after the phone has been tied to the account. Send a text message to auto login or something.

OK, we enter the correct PAC digits. Fail. We try again. Fail.

We go to the AIB Internet banking and enter correct data. Always worked in the past. Now - Locked Out everywhere.

Enjoy the AIB mobile app, but have some cash just in case you are hungry and AIB suggest you go to their branch on Monday to unlock the card.

P.S. two-factor authentication is not secure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Having just got a new phone, I tried to set up the 2-factor tonight. Log in with id and PAC then it give me a splash screen with how to do a quick balance check. No way past it - going back just asks for the same logins again. FAIL.

ETA: Ok, it wasn't obvious to me so I'll leave it here in case it helps others. Press the quick balance in the middle of the screen. I thought it was just an image but it's a button. I have it set up now.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

No and neither did two friends who have now had to order Card Readers.
    No, I didn’t anyway. I’d much prefer that to the card reader. I had a card reader already, I wonder if that makes any difference?
    I don't think so. I didn't have a card reader previously.

As mentioned in my previous post the AIB rep I spoke to left me in no doubt that it was either Mobile APP or Card Reader and there is no "text only" option.

Can anyone else confirm that they were granted "text only" access?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Ffs. So after two calls to support, they unregistered my phone. I uninstalled the app, then reinstalled the app, and it worked all week. The option in app settings for push notifications appeared.

Today it stopped again.
    Went back into settings on app and push notifications options has disappeared again.

So uninstalled again and then installed again and it's reappeared and now working again.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

For people setting up the SMS option, please be aware that this is a very insecure mode of authentication, and really shouldn't be used at all. AIB really shouldn't be offering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Probably, but what's the alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Is the Card Reader option safer than SMS ?

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Probably, but what's the alternative?

App or card reader.
    SusanC10 wrote: »
    Is the Card Reader option safer than SMS ?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

awec wrote: »
    For people setting up the SMS option, please be aware that this is a very insecure mode of authentication, and really shouldn't be used at all. AIB really shouldn't be offering it.

How so?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

ok so today my phone (vodafone model) had a software update available. when i installed it, the authentication from the web browser finally worked so at last i'm finally able to access my aib accounts, statements from my laptop again.

edit: i spoke too soon. seems it only let me access the bank accounts from my laptop for the first time.

then any time after that it would time out again when trying to authenticate from the browser.

until i restarted my phone and went back into the app and then tried to log in again from the laptop.

so at the moment in order to access my aib accounts from the browser on my laptop, i need to restart my phone, open and log into the aib app, then try logging in through my browser on my laptop.

Advertisement