Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-08-2015, 12:22   #1
umatrangolo

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Hi,

I just went sale agreed for a 4-bed end of terrace house in a new dev in Balgriffin (between Belmayne and Father Collins park).

The house is part of the Parkside Homes (just google it) new development and the show house is really nice.

Anyone bought in the same location ? Any opinion about the location ?

Best
Ugo
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-09-2015, 15:19   #2

They look to be nice houses. Good spec, nice high ceilings. They're officially launching this weekend http://parksidehomes.ie/ The traffic can be a nightmare around there though.
Thanks from:
29-12-2015, 14:03   #3
bmathew

Parkside

Hi, have you started living in the houses? Are they good? How is the area? I am looking for a house there...

Thanks
(2) thanks from:
16-01-2016, 21:51   #4
blackbelted

Hi,

I am also considering to buy from Parkside estate. It's only few mins drive away from Portmarnock. Looks like a decent estate. A school just nearby.

Anybody familiar with the area or has any information to a potential buyer, please comment here.
Thanks from:
17-01-2016, 09:37   #5

I ended up buying one and moved in last week. Happy with everything so far. We've a few things outstanding but builder has promised to fix them and I believe them. Finishing foreman and the contact in the developer's head office are very helpful. Said to give him a shout if I needed help carrying anything in etc. Actually, my wife said the CEO called in to say welcome and check if everything was going ok for us. They gave us a little welcome pack too which was a nice touch. So they do seem to be aiming to please which is good.

Our little one just started in the school there (well, there're two: st francis and educate together - she start in st francis) and her teacher is lovely and great and the kids are very nice to her. We had heard from people we know with kids there both schools there were very good.

I do have a concern about the sound insulation. Can hear the kids walking around upstairs. Maybe it's no worse than other houses and no one has moved in beside us yet so will reserve judgement on it. Hopefully it's not a problem.

re. the area, there's lots around or a short distance away: shops, cinema, public transport, park, playground, etc. Nice to go for walk or run. Bumped into a couple of the neighbours and they seem like nice people.

So, al in all, very happy so far.
Advertisement
17-01-2016, 13:44   #6
OfflerCrocGod

Is this not close to Darndale? Any signs of antisocial behaviour from the Darndale neighbours? That the sound insulation is so poor is a worry, the houses seem crammed together, I'd be worried music/noise from the neighbours would filter through. Or is it just intrahouse?
Thanks from:
22-02-2016, 21:36   #7
Mmarika

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBridge View Post
I ended up buying one and moved in last week. Happy with everything so far. We've a few things outstanding but builder has promised to fix them and I believe them. Finishing foreman and the contact in the developer's head office are very helpful. Said to give him a shout if I needed help carrying anything in etc. Actually, my wife said the CEO called in to say welcome and check if everything was going ok for us. They gave us a little welcome pack too which was a nice touch. So they do seem to be aiming to please which is good.

Our little one just started in the school there (well, there're two: st francis and educate together - she start in st francis) and her teacher is lovely and great and the kids are very nice to her. We had heard from people we know with kids there both schools there were very good.

I do have a concern about the sound insulation. Can hear the kids walking around upstairs. Maybe it's no worse than other houses and no one has moved in beside us yet so will reserve judgement on it. Hopefully it's not a problem.

re. the area, there's lots around or a short distance away: shops, cinema, public transport, park, playground, etc. Nice to go for walk or run. Bumped into a couple of the neighbours and they seem like nice people.

So, al in all, very happy so far.
Hello, we are considering ParkSide. I wonder, how much are you paying for utilities? Is there any service charge from the company?
Thanks from:
23-02-2016, 09:18   #8
Gaz

We have just purchased one of the detached 4 beds, did our snag last week and I have to say the builders have been great and very helpful.

It is noisy when someone is walking around upstairs but I feel this is just because we have no flooring or underlay down yet. The overall build quality is superb and has a lovely finish.

There are no maintenance fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBridge View Post
Can I ask what it was like getting your child into the school? Was there any kind of waiting list ?

Thanks
(2) thanks from:
02-03-2016, 19:56   #9
gabria

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfflerCrocGod View Post
Is this not close to Darndale? Any signs of antisocial behaviour from the Darndale neighbours? That the sound insulation is so poor is a worry, the houses seem crammed together, I'd be worried music/noise from the neighbours would filter through. Or is it just intrahouse?

I visited the Parkside development last weekend and was very impressed. We looked at different showhouses. The above points are of minor concern really unless I hear anything further. I'm more concerned about the fact this is pretty much under the flightpath of planes. Do they mostly pass via take off or landing? We counted a fairly high number of planes passing via takeoff during the Sunday afternoon showing, most of which passed over the housing development north of the two schools. It would appear the further south the location is , the better (ie where the building is actually continuing at the moment).

All in all, I'm very interested in these houses, location is perfect for me.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-03-2016, 10:59   #10

Sorry, only received the email notification that there was reply on this thread yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfflerCrocGod View Post
re: Darndale: I think you're overly concerned there. There are plenty of estates around that would probably vary on your own personal scale of what you'd consider to be "nice", "average" or "rough" e.g. across the green there's Castlemoyne which would probably be considered "nice" by most and they don't seem to care about their proximity Darndale. To answer your question though: no, I've not experienced any ASB here from Darndale or anywhere else.

re. sound insulation: thankfully, it doesn't seem to be too bad. People have moved in next door and we can't really hear anything. Maybe they're every quiet or maybe it's a non-issue. Within your own house though, you can hear people moving about (not helped by my kids tramping around like elephants).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmarika View Post
Hello, we are considering ParkSide. I wonder, how much are you paying for utilities? Is there any service charge from the company?
No, there are no service charges. We haven't had a utility bill yet as we only transferred to energia during the week. Hopefully the good energy rating will keep the bills down. There is one thing about the heating system that's odd to us: we're used to scheduling our heating and hot water to come on and off at set times but with this house there's a shift from being time-based to being temperature based, if that makes sense. e.g. you can set up the heating so that from 7am - 9am the temp will be 21c and from 9am-5pm it can be as low as 16c, 5pm-10pm 21c, etc but essentially, the system is always "on" and the heating ticks on and off to keep the heat at those levels. You can put the heating on a temporary "hold" for a set period (e.g. put heating on for the next hour). You can control the heating from an app on your phone which is handy but still, it takes a bit of getting used to -ad I'm still not used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Can I ask what it was like getting your child into the school? Was there any kind of waiting list ?
We couldn't get her into the Educate Together. The waiting list was too long. We'd no problems getting her into St Francis though (we were in touch with them in Nov I think and she started in Jan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabria View Post
...I'm more concerned about the fact this is pretty much under the flightpath of planes...
Yeah. If you like aeroplanes you're in for a real treat ... seriously though, yeah it's close to a flight path alright. I've always lived relatively close to the airport (no more than 15 min drive) though so maybe I'm immune but, honestly, it hasn't affected us at all.
(5) thanks from:
20-03-2016, 10:33   #11

I was out to Parkside last week, the houses are fab. My only problem was the green area in front, where the little parks are - are they planning to do anymore with them? It looks like wasteland with a few swings thrown in. Also, they say they are building two new schools? Are the ones there now only temporary buildings? And is there any community amenities being planned- like a community hall or a local shop? The estate looks lovely but everything else looks a bit bleak?
10-04-2016, 18:52   #12
mambo

Quote:
We counted a fairly high number of planes passing via takeoff during the Sunday afternoon showing, most of which passed over the housing development north of the two schools.
While it is near the flightpath, planes more often land and take off from east to west, so usually it would be planes coming to land that fly over, which means they are lower, but with less engine power, so probably quieter? I think they are noisier only when taking off from west to east (which is less usual, only when the winds are from the east), in which case they are higher but with full engines.

Had a look around the 4-bed show house today. Looked good, but there seemed to be very little lighting in the kitchen, just three small spotlights, and one lamp over the table. Hard to tell without seeing the room at night.

Also, the 'hot press' room wasn't really a hot press. There was the hot water tank, but the room was the wrong layout, and you could put in wooden shelves but there would be a lot of bending over involved putting clothes away. The 3-bed had a proper hot press, with shelves.

On leaving the estate, within 30 seconds by car we came across two young lads bareback on horses, a reminder I suppose that Darndale isn't all that far away :-)

Last edited by mambo; 11-04-2016 at 07:12.
10-04-2016, 21:08   #13
cassid

Don't worry about the planes, after a while you wont hear them. I lived on a flight path and never noticed anything. I moved close to a dart line and remember holy crap that is noisy. Don't hear it anymore.

Close to Malahide, Portmarnock, Howth, great location, wish you all the best
Thanks from:
17-04-2016, 12:50   #14
gabria

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassid View Post
Don't worry about the planes, after a while you wont hear them. I lived on a flight path and never noticed anything. I moved close to a dart line and remember holy crap that is noisy. Don't hear it anymore.
Yeah I'm a bit less concerned by that after similar perspective. I am also living right beside the dart line in Raheny. Earthquakes every 10 to 15 minutes here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambo View Post
On leaving the estate, within 30 seconds by car we came across two young lads bareback on horses, a reminder I suppose that Darndale isn't all that far away :-)
Darndale's out of reach, that's fine enough. I'm more concerned about the neighbours in Belmayne right next door. I really like the Parkside house build quality but the prospect of living potentially right on the border with Belmayne, of what I have seen in it, is not appealing. It would be interesting to see how this border would eventually look like, replacing the current litter strewn fence
Thanks from:
17-04-2016, 14:43   #15
Gaz

I rented in Belmayne for two years prior to buying in Parkside, I never had any issues living there. What are your concerns specifically ?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion