2 weeks ago I asked has the loan offer come through for the buyer. Other questions were answered but that one not. They were waiting for a reply from the buyer solicitor. The buyer solicitor came back with pre-contract queries then about structure, any extensions etc. The answers from us were given immediately and since then have heard no more from their solicitor. When I emailed mine today I have been told that they still haven't got a reply meaning Monday closing isn't really looking good, is it?
Also no mention of a structural survey, valuation or any confirmation/negotiating on items of inclusion to be left in the house when they buy. Not to mention still no clarification of the loan offer. When I spoke to the solicitor originally he said that he was friends with the buyer solicitor and would put the pressure on if needs be. Kinda feel that 'needs be' is here...
So my query really is, is this normal? With 5 days to go and still some important stuff outstanding, what would you do? maybe I am being OTT...
I have requested a call with the solicitor in the morning and am going to ask the following questions. Would be very grateful to hear other people's advice.
- Any update with the structural survey?
- Any update with the valuation?
- Has the buyer loan offer come through?
- Are there any issues with the contract? Why is it taking so long for their solicitor to get back with them?
- Would it be possible to rent to the buyer before closing if going to take longer?