Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2011, 13:28   #46
Kold

Renekton is ridiculous 0_0 I said "Sure I'll give him a try" without looking at a guide and for the first 10 minutes I got owned, then I managed to break evens by the end (we still lost). In the next 2 games I was just a teamfight monster, and winning every 1 on 1. If he's fed I reckon just keep him at arm's length and harass as much as possible before entering a fight. That stun is unbelievable, especially is you have a Trinity Force and CD reduction.

Still haven't looked at a build but I was running with Ionian boots, Ghostblade, Trinity Force, Warmogs, Inf Edge, Atmas. I reckon the Warmogs is necessary at some stage.

Last edited by Kold; 07-02-2011 at 13:31.
Advertisement
11-02-2011, 12:59   #47
Kold

What I love about this game is that I seemingly have a new main every week.

F*cking Udyr man. What a crazily powerful champion. Tank or dps, mana is no problem after level 10, hards as nails and can really f*ck people's **** up.

I dont use phoenix stance at all because the other 3 are just so good. It's weird, I'm absolutely rolling games with him and I'd never seen him as an op champ before. The key is just accept that you can't do anything until level 4 so don't be brash until then. But I'm just loving everything about this guy right now.
15-02-2011, 15:04   #48
SmokeyTheBull

Man gangplank can crit like crazy with the right build, really enjoy playing with him
21-02-2011, 10:53   #49
Seifer

Finally had some time to play a few games for the first time in awhile.
New Ryze is fun. Building him mana only with tear -> merc theads -> catalyst -> glacial shield makes him really sturdy with constant high dps.
Also Renekton and Irelia seem to be wandering into OP/flavour of the month town.
21-02-2011, 12:44   #50
Kold

They both have an overpowered stun/dash mechanism alright. And natural lifesteal 0_0 and then you just about kill them and pew pew/ultimate "nope I kill you!" Am considering buying Renek, was rolling faces with him when he was free.

What pisses me off is Katarina though. She'll buy Dorans shield and be utterly untouchable in lane whilst I take constant dmg because I'm not a ridiculously op character. Even when it's a bad Katarina and I end up getting a good feed off her, late game she's right back in it because at some point she's done the ol' *POOF* ulti, triple kill!

Honestly, I've dominated Katas in lanes and they've still made it back as carry. Such a f*cking no skill champ. Squishies piss me off, Kata, Yi, Akali, Kennen. It's why I love Udyr. Udyr doesn't give a f*ck who you are, you gon' die.
Advertisement
21-02-2011, 12:45   #51
Kold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBull View Post
Man gangplank can crit like crazy with the right build, really enjoy playing with him
Ever get a Tiamat on him? It's f*cking hilarious as a last buy.
21-02-2011, 14:04   #52
Kold

This was ranked and hilarious. I realise my ELO is depressingly low, came from not playing ranked for months after a string of bad teams.

Note how we had 2 of their inhibitors down and they only had 2 of our outer turrets down. Trynda was a f*cking dick all game though, KRRRZ was my buddy and I was like "Will we do a surrender vote for the lulz, game is won"

my face when you have surrendered with 4 votes to 1:

23-02-2011, 18:51   #53
Seifer

Hopefully, some day, a computer game will cause the interruption of a football match...
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/news/2...network-issues
24-02-2011, 16:50   #54
String

I am a new enough player @ level 11, if anybody wants to add me for some games. I mainly play fiddle and kog maw at the moment as I am too lazy to change masteries and runes for other classes

Name is: EIRELEGEND
Advertisement
15-03-2011, 00:26   #55
SmokeyTheBull

The community can just be awful in this game, especially the Spanish for some reason, Germans dont seem too bad in my experience
15-03-2011, 00:49   #56
Kold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBull View Post
The community can just be awful in this game, especially the Spanish for some reason, Germans dont seem too bad in my experience
There are ragers everywhere. I try to get as many premade as I can nowadays. Sick of randoms.

Also, I have never had as many double/triple/quadrakills as free Jax. Man do I feel stupid for blowing 12k ip on a Gangplank runepage when I don't want to have to stop playing Jax. Also, Nocturne's ultimate sounds funny as hell. I want to play as that f*cker.
15-03-2011, 10:45   #57
Seifer

Some welcome nerfs.
Banshee nerf is odd though considering how cc heavy the game is. It doesn't make it any less of a required item, just one that doesn't perform as well.
Also can't wait to get my hands on Nocturne.
15-03-2011, 13:30   #58
Kold

Nerfing Gragas? One of my favourite casters. Yet leaving Akali and Katarina alone :/

As for Dorans blade, someone was telling me that the unintended effect was a 1g/10secs buff? Jeez I would've abused that more if it was.
15-03-2011, 13:53   #59
Seifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kold View Post
Nerfing Gragas? One of my favourite casters. Yet leaving Akali and Katarina alone :/

As for Dorans blade, someone was telling me that the unintended effect was a 1g/10secs buff? Jeez I would've abused that more if it was.
Hehe, I think part of the reason he was nerfed was because people thought he was a caster due to the ridiculous damage he did while taking none.
If you put out damage you have to be squishy and if you're a tank you can't be dealing crazy damage.
15-03-2011, 19:15   #60
Kold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer View Post
Hehe, I think part of the reason he was nerfed was because people thought he was a caster due to the ridiculous damage he did while taking none.
If you put out damage you have to be squishy and if you're a tank you can't be dealing crazy damage.
When he's built tanky, he doesn't do much dmg, when he's built ap, he falls pretty quick. The likes of Akali and Kata are worse because they have such amazing getaways and don't even rely on mana. And Kata almost always has a Rylais and spell vamp.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion