Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Full day up and about. Did many of my usual chores and not flagging too much yet. And have been told I can drive again from tomorrow - I had visions of my six week old car sitting immobile in the driveway with cobwebs shrouding it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This pic :3

Td2jeOp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Td2jeOp.jpg

It's a living breathing teddy-cat!!!! :eek:

I want one :(
    Just back from the second interview for a job. I’m in the last 3. The interview was supposed to be tomorrow but changed to today so hurray for not knowing, I’d have had a restless night thinking about it.

Best of luck with it Muffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Looks like I'll be getting ebooks to use on my laptop when I start studying Leaving Cert maths, biology and physics ahead in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Ordered a dress online and didn't think it would be here on time. It arrived early and it's a perfect fit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Just back from the second interview for a job. I’m in the last 3. The interview was supposed to be tomorrow but changed to today so hurray for not knowing, I’d have had a restless night thinking about it.

Some of my school year's off to a mock interview in Oracle tomorrow.

I did one on 2nd Feb 2018. Somehow, I wasn't rated on the questions. I was rated 5/5 on all other aspects, except body language, which was rated a 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy that I have kind neighbours; called the ferryman to ask if he would kindly cover the back window of the car for me as he is going over today; he was already thinking of that. There is a shower curtain in the car I was using as a rain cape.

Also he had mentioned a local garage man 'always found one in small rural areas and they are ace. So he will call him for me.

This is in three parts; once the car is protected, get the part and then get it fitted.

We were talking about how it happened and I said I have read that even a bird can explode glass like that; some bizarre stories on google. It is a 2000 car so getting old and fragile. I think he, as I, wanted to rule out it having been anyone local as we are a very close small community here and that would upset them

So there is the acceptable " reason" that he will put round; he sounded upset when I called him.

Still feeling "poorly" but fire lit and will settle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Very TH that the Easter holidays start this afternoon!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Happy its Friday, disaster of a week, stupid sudoku project, start a fresh Monday I guess :3.

Happy that the fire lit on only the second attempt.. out of kindling! Will forage later. NB candle stubs work better than firelighters .

Happy with work for my hands; a Kilkenny football hat no less ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I was complaining about how dry the skin on my hands is and how rubbish my dry shampoo was the other day. Came in this morning and my work bestie had left a lovely Lancôme hand cream and salon-brand dry shampoo in my desk drawer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I ordered a book for friends of mine that have really looked after me in the last few weeks and shown me that I am deserving of many good things. It came today and I think they'll really like it. Looking forward to giving it to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Very happy that it's Friday and I am very much looking forward to kicking back and relaxing for the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It's the Easter holidays! We had a half day in school too.

Going to my friends hen tonight which I can't wait for. To top it though, I'm going to collect my best friend from the airport because she's home for it too. Can't wait to see her and spend the weekend with all of my friends!!

Td2jeOp.jpg

Got it; Selkirk Rex breed ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Graces7 wrote: »

Nonononono, Graces. The official name is Super-Cute Snuggly Cuddly Teddy-Kitty. Look it up. And yes, I'm gushing. :P :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My daughter is outside walking a neighbours little doggy. I went outside and the little git jumped all over my and licked me everywhere with his ickle tail wagging the whole time.

I've a new best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    Nonononono, Graces. The official name is Super-Cute Snuggly Cuddly Teddy-Kitty. Look it up. And yes, I'm gushing. :P :pac:

Why have you added Kitty to my nickname?

:P

Me too; but as a former cat breeder my curiosity got the better of me.. And it diverts from the I WANT ONE thoughts

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Me too; but as a former cat breeder my curiosity got the better of me.. And it diverts from the I WANT ONE thoughts

They're cute when they're little, G, but then they turn into one of these. ↓
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Why have you added Kitty to my nickname?

:P

See what I mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

They're cute when they're little, G, but then they turn into one of these. ↓

See what I mean?

An even bigger cute & cuddly being .

TH I have another long weekend now.

I sure do love my friday afternoon naps :3.

Its an actual breed :eek:? and there was me thinking it was one of those rare kittens born with curls :3 .

I sure do love my friday afternoon naps :3.

Its an actual breed :eek:? and there was me thinking it was one of those rare kittens born with curls :3 .

Here is the web page those photos come from

https://www.boredpanda.com/curly-kittens-selkirk-rex-breed-miss-depesto/

so yes. That coat was too unusual to be just some genetic flaw. They are much more attractive than the Devon and Cornish Rexes I am used to

https://www.google.ie/search?q=cornish+rex+cat&rlz=1CAACAJ_enIE693IE693&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnov-blIPaAhWHKewKHfX0BBUQ_AUICigB&biw=911&bih=436#imgrc=IrDrDg0VRuuDQM:

and if you want to see some seriously weird cats, google images Cornish Rex,,,

Just for a few minutes then I could hear the sea! I think it must have been the tide turning.. WOW.. brings tears to my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Was all set to be in a stinker of a humour, as I am wrecked tired and got stuck in work till late.
    Instead I got a takeaway on the way home, got straight into the PJs and the bed, and just downloaded the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy audiobook read by Stephen fry.
    So I am trivially happy that I don't have to suit anyone else tonight, and can just retreat into my introverts paradise of bed and audio books!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Tea and toast and an early night. Friday nights rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

The few minutes of hope as you scratch a shiny scratchcard and dream about never going to work again. Or even for a week or two.

The dog is SNORING ! Makes me chuckle every time.. So loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

For the first time in 3-4 years my car insurance renewal is cheaper than last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes I was pleasantly surprised this week to see mine (fully comp ncb protected) had dropped by €120 because the new car is petrol and 200cc smaller than the last one.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    For the first time in 3-4 years my car insurance renewal is cheaper than last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement