Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Negative Experience Rathsallagh House MOD WARNING POST 19 & 63

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Milly33 wrote: »
    I don't think he is being rude, it comes across that he is just saying it how it is. Like if you don't like the food you should say it then and there not later when he can do nothing about it. If the toilet is broken say it again and make sure it gets fixed...

What about the woman who said the bed was uncomfortable? And he replied that she is pregnant and that all the nuances will go away when the baby comes. That is by definition condescending!

As for all the people saying why wait until after the trip to complain, they're not complaining as such they're reviewing. Imo complaining is contacting the manager by phone, letter or email afterwards, or indeed phoning down to reception/ mentioning it upon check out. Speaking of which, if I do need to complain I often don't want to do so at checkout if it's busy and there's a big cue behind you for example.

For the issue above, the comfortable mattress, typically that would only be discovered while in the middle of the night. What was the woman meant to do, ring the night porter & demand a new bed? Demand to move rooms at 2am?

Also for joe to say he 'wears his heart on his sleeve' I thought that usually meant people were kind & nice? Shouldn't he be described as 'passionate' at best?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

I think a lot of people are missing the point here - if you are unhappy with something, you should say it either then and there (i.e. if the food is not good) or upon check out (i.e when the receptionist asks if everything is ok).

There is NO point saying 'yeah, everything is/was grand, perfect' and then going onto tripadvisor and giving out yards. And that is why I think Joe, while not the most tacful man on the planet, is dead right.

I think a lot of people are missing the point here - if you are unhappy with something, you should say it either then and there (i.e. if the food is not good) or upon check out (i.e when the receptionist asks if everything is ok).

There is NO point saying 'yeah, everything is/was grand, perfect' and then going onto tripadvisor and giving out yards. And that is why I think Joe, while not the most tacful man on the planet, is dead right.

But they're not 'giving out yards' even bad reviews mention loads of positives and one little negative that gets latched on to by rathsallagh!

Besides people are entitled to review. I find tripadvisor reviews so useful, if you see the same issue cropping up you can be sure it's true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Wow. I have a few points on this.

The OP is completely in the wrong for posting this crap on Trip Advisor. It really really pisses me off when people post this sort of rubbish on TA when they haven't even stayed in the venue - it's a blatant abuse of the review system and the OP's "review" should be deleted.

In this instance, only the OP was being rude. The OP sent off an email rather than a quick call to the front desk. It was the OP who got aggressive (the manager's initial response was polite) but the OP went on their high horse with the retort "How dare you" - seriously, WTF was that about? And then to rant "don't contact me again". The OP is being a drama queen.

Labelling the circumstances as "tragic" is also bloody ridiculous - it was not, and the OP never even mentioned that in their original message to the venue. This is just typical crap of a story completely being one sided and the OP leaving out hugely significant details.

Finally, as an avid Trip Advisor contributor myself, I am disgusted at the management replies on the bad reviews. When going to a place, I read as many reviews as possible and form my own opinion and I'm pretty good at spotting the people who post unreasonable negative reviews vs those that had a genuine bad experience. But for the neg reviews, I always like to read the management replies to see how they handle the situation.

I have to say though I would never visit Rathsallagh after reading the other negative reviews. Having stayed in many luxury hotels, I only expect the best from where I stay and reading the comments from management towards their paying guests who clearly had a less than excellent experience is shocking. I really suggest that management employ a "guest relations director" or something to handle dealing with reviews because clearly the management posting on TA can't reign it in.

Regarding comments on why people don't raise it with the hotel when they are there or directly, sometimes just isn't possible. And besides, if you have a bad experience, it's good for people to know about it so long as you write up the full story. TA is not just about posting good reviews - it's about posting REVIEWS (good / bad). I've posted a few bad reviews before for good reasons and in my opinion it was worth sharing those bad reviews for other potential guests. Also, it gives management an opportunity to fix things and post publicly that they intend to do so.

Besides people are entitled to review. I find tripadvisor reviews so useful, if you see the same issue cropping up you can be sure it's true!

I do the same thing and I agree, it is very useful :) But I really do not understand why people do not complain about something there and then - I mean, if it is significant enough to mention in a review then why not say something when you are there?

I do the same thing and I agree, it is very useful :) But I really do not understand why people do not complain about something there and then - I mean, if it is significant enough to mention in a review then why not say something when you were there?

As other posters have said sometimes it's not possible. Be it a busy rushed checkout, unapproachable receptionist/ receptionist in the middle of a call, or an issue like an uncomfortable mattress or something , there may not be any reason to complain then & there.

I don't get what's so wrong with not complaining when you're there? Sometimes if I do complain at the time I think they think I want a freebie!

I don't get what's so wrong with not complaining when you're there? Sometimes if I do complain at the time I think they think I want a freebie!

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one so, Flippyfloppy because I do not see why you would complain in a review instead of there and then :)

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one so, Flippyfloppy because I do not see why you would complain in a review instead of there and then :)

Agreed....however I look at them as reviews not complaints!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

The plot thickens...

• Advertisement

Aren't groomsmen & best men included in the bridal party with bridesmaids???

No. They're with the groom, hence "groomsmen".

No. They're with the groom, hence "groomsmen".

The best man isn't a groomsman. The groom usually has a best man and any number of groomsmen. Plus, when booking a wedding package in a hotel, they may have champagne for the bridal party on arrival. You also may have flowers for the bridal party. Neither are exclusive to females.

He may have been a batty boy- the wonderful review, bridal party. No self respecting bloke would post such a review.

A batty boy?!? Are you for real?!??

The best man isn't a groomsman. The groom usually has a best man and any number of groomsmen. Plus, when booking a wedding package in a hotel, they may have champagne for the bridal party on arrival. You also may have flowers for the bridal party. Neither are exclusive to females.

The best man is always with the groom, that's his role. I've never heard of men being part of a bridal party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The best man is always with the groom, that's his role. I've never heard of men being part of a bridal party.

The bridal party is often used to mean anyone 'in' the wedding.

So, mother and father of the bride, mother and father of the groom, bride, groom, and attendants.

They are. It's just the collective term for the wedding party members. Look it up & you'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

foodaholic wrote: »
    I think we should organise a Boards trip - wonder if Joe will give us a discount ??
    man.....the sunday lunch....a boardsie sunday lunch in rathsallagh.....pinkies up :)

ps
    the sunday lunch is AWESOME

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Locked while I review some of the crap posted on here.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Right, having reviewed what's been posted on this thread since I was last on (at 5am) I think it's run it's course and is becoming too troublesome. What needs to be said on the issue has been said at this stage, and leaving it open (aside from the entertainment factor) is just flogging a dead horse; particularly considering that the OP hasn't come back to post anything further.

Sorry to be Buzz Killington, but I'm sure another contentious thread will come up about something else before too long - it's never exactly quiet here.

Oh, and partyguinness, I've deleted your post, but for future reference that's the sort of thing that will get you banned from here if you post like that again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement