Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tri Laois Sprint April 6th 2013

Options
  • 22-01-2013 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Trilogy are once again running Tri Laois on April 6th this year, a sprint ideal as a 1st race.

750m pool swim
    19k cycle
    5k run

More info here http://www.trilaois.ie/node/6 and any questions all do my best to answer them !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

Howdy all,

Trilogy are once again running Tri Laois on April 6th this year, a sprint ideal as a 1st race.

750m pool swim
    19k cycle
    5k run

More info here http://www.trilaois.ie/node/6 and any questions all do my best to answer them !

Website link says it's sold out?????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

doozer16 wrote: »
    Website link says it's sold out?????????????????????????

It was due to be open for entry but is being held back for a few days, i'll let you know when it opens !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

NINETY EURO?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

NINETY EURO?!!

Looks like 40 for race or 90 for relay

NINETY EURO?!!

Ya 90 would be for the relay team !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Ya 90 would be for the relay team !
    Not having a pop at your race but i think 90 gor a relay is total of the wall, you are talking on 30e to swim 750m same to bike 20k and same for a 5k run, which imo is madness. Yes i am aware of the costs, but i was trying to get a team together to do this all were willing until they found out it would be 30e a man.
    Please dont say, but other races are charging x for a relay, my point is not just for your race but relays in general.
    I have done your race myself and highly recommend it

Ceepo wrote: »
    Not having a pop at your race but i think 90 gor a relay is total of the wall, you are talking on 30e to swim 750m same to bike 20k and same for a 5k run, which imo is madness. Yes i am aware of the costs, but i was trying to get a team together to do this all were willing until they found out it would be 30e a man.
    Please dont say, but other races are charging x for a relay, my point is not just for your race but relays in general.
    I have done your race myself and highly recommend it

I don't set the prices or get involved in the finances, i just answer any questions asked. But i do see your point.

Race opening for entry on Fri morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Race opening for entry on Fri morning:)

Hi Elvis,

Do you know how much Junior entry is, dont see it on the web site.

Thanks

I can confirm that in the morning !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭griffin100

Wo ho just entered this.......:D

My first non IM distance triathlon in 2 years :eek:

My first ever race in my new 40-45 AG category :(

I can confirm that in the morning !

Any update on junior entry to the tri event?

Any update on junior entry to the tri event?

As far as i know once your over 16 and under 19 you race the full sprint distance as a Youth.

The under 16 as an aquathon and is listed seperately.

Price wise will have an answer this evening as i have no mobile all day and the number i need is in my mobile:o

griffin100 wrote: »
    Wo ho just entered this.......:D

My first non IM distance triathlon in 2 years :eek:

My first ever race in my new 40-45 AG category :(

Drop over and say hello, i'll keep a seat for you to rest;)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

Just signed up for this, is going to be my first tri. I can feel the nerves already:(

As far as i know once your over 16 and under 19 you race the full sprint distance as a Youth.

The under 16 as an aquathon and is listed seperately.

Price wise will have an answer this evening as i have no mobile all day and the number i need is in my mobile:o

Great stuff, have a few lads in school that will want to race 16-19 tri and some for aquahtlon so lemme know prices when you know! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Just signed up, this is gonna be my first Triathlon. I will have to do an awful lot of training if i am to complete it. Still, the challenge will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

Signed up as well, still need to get a bike. So nervous!!!

Less than 80 places left so if you want to enter you may get a move on !

I did the cycle route today and ran 5 km straight away after it... Tough going for me i have to say. The running felt super weird after getting off the bike. Mental sensation.

I have to get into the swimming, i have done nothing yet. Starting to get worried now. Gonna try join up with the Triathlon Club in Portlaoise tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    I did the cycle route today and ran 5 km straight away after it... Tough going for me i have to say. The running felt super weird after getting off the bike. Mental sensation.

I have to get into the swimming, i have done nothing yet. Starting to get worried now. Gonna try join up with the Triathlon Club in Portlaoise tomorrow night.

Good to hear !

Pop me a PM if you need any info !

As above i would start doing short "brick" sessions ( bike to run ) when you finish your cycle just run for a few min, even 1k just so the legs are getting used to the sensation ! Its helps avoid jelly legs;)

Race is full:cool:

Does anyone know what the average time would be for each of the individual legs of TriLaois?

Deedsie wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the average time would be for each of the individual legs of TriLaois?

Have a look at the results and look in the middle.

I'd say

Swim - about 18 min
    Cycle - 42 min
    Run - 28 min

Add transition to that as well so maybe 1:30 in total ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Elvis, this is my first pool tri.How many to a lane at any time and whats the lag between push offs?

Whats the cycle route like, any nice hills?
    Cheers

Green&Red wrote: »
    Elvis, this is my first pool tri.How many to a lane at any time and whats the lag between push offs?

Whats the cycle route like, any nice hills?
    Cheers

I'd say 5 to 6 per lane and its a few sec between each swimmer. The siwmmers in the lane will decide themselves who goes 1st, last and in between !

The cycle route has some nice hills on it. The 1st 3k out of town is a nice climb, there's a sharp hill at 4.5k and then again at about 6k but after that its flat enough.

How are people fixed for this? I am definitely starting to get nervous about it now! Anyone else on here entered into it? Any tips/suggestions for newbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

all new to me too, my first tri and pretty worried im not in great shape, but im sure it will be a good day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 keatm1

first tri also - any tips on the pool to bike transition ?

• Advertisement

keatm1 wrote: »
    first tri also - any tips on the pool to bike transition ?

Get a tri suit !

Out of the pool, helmet on, shoes/runners and straight out !

Otherwise you'll send a good 5 min, trying to dry yourself and putting on other clothes. Don't worry once you start turning over the legs you'll warm up quickly

Advertisement