Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri Laois Sprint April 6th 2013

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

griffin100 wrote: »
    Does that mean the Wheelworx passion wagon will not be given pride of place outside the front door of the leisure ctr? :D

Might be place for the wagon but not the ego;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

First Tri done... 1:40

Delighted with that. Thanks for all the replies on the thread, they helped settle the nerves big time. Great day, great organization... Great MC on the microphone... :-)

Thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Our very own Tango finished 2nd today, would have won only he stopped for a picnic on the run!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Another really well run race by Trilogy. Now if you could just get rid of the mini marathons in and out of transition :) I even managed to get a bit of sunburn despite the cold. Water and cake at the finish very appreciated.

I promised sunburn...........:cool:

Really enjoyed today the race went really well. We have a crew involved in the club and the smooth running is a credit to them !

I hope all enjoyed it and that if it was your 1st that it won't be your last !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dited

Great race today. Kudos to Trilogy and all involved; they even managed to sort out the weather! Great organisation and marshalling, the marshalls were still enthusiastically shouting encouragement by the time I came around, probably about three hours after the first competitors!

Kids race seemed to go off really well too, dited jnr was delighted after his race. The support the kids got as they came past the front of the centre was great to see; you could see how much it meant to them. Or maybe they were just glad to see the finish line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Nice day out and happy enough considering it was a last minute decision to race.

I was in Wave 7 and there was a bit of hanging around before hand as there is at all pool based Tri's.
    Jumped in the pool for the warm-up and lost my timing chip. Reattached and then we got going. I was second in the lane and kept that going all the way through. Got a nice draft off the lad leading out the lane and I'm pretty sure he must have been fed up with getting his feet touched - I wasn't looking to pass though - lost my hat on one length and swam back with it in my hand to hand to the people marking off the lane so they could make a note and not make me do any extra lengths. Finished and jumped out and then got held back as my chip had chip had come off again and one of the helpers reattached it again.

Slow enough T1 as I didn't bother attaching shoes to pedals and instead sat down and changed them. Ran out of T1 and then dropped my chain as I jumped on. Minor delay and off I went. Was a bumpy enough route and a bit draggy in places but I just hit it as hard as I could - half way round I noticed I had no chip on my ankle - sure if it couldn't stay on in the pool what chance did it have... Continued picking out the cyclists in front and closing them down one by one and felt good, after about 14km I got a call off one of the marshalls letting em know that I was in about 7th place in the wave. Put a bit of a surge in from then till the finish and picked off another 3. No chip time but the Garmin has me at 34.00 from mount line to dismount line. Long enough run into and out of transition though.

Into T2 and sat down again to get runners on. Out just behind the Pulse lad who led the swim out and tried to stick with him. Got over taken on the run by another Pulse guy, Vanessa Fenton, a Piranha bloke and a 3D'er which I was happy with - normally much more overtaking me.

Finshed in1:19 which I thought was pretty poor but now the results are out I'm fairly happy with. 15th overall and 2nd Vet.

Edit: Kudos to Trilogy for putting on a great race. Plenty of marshalls all giving great support and plenty of abuse from the MC/DJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

The black and orange came and the black and orange conquered. Great day out in Portlaoise for 3D. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Nice day out and happy enough considering it was a last minute decision to race.

I was in Wave 7 and there was a bit of hanging around before hand as there is at all pool based Tri's.
    Jumped in the pool for the warm-up and lost my timing chip. Reattached and then we got going. I was second in the lane and kept that going all the way through. Got a nice draft off the lad leading out the lane and I'm pretty sure he must have been fed up with getting his feet touched - I wasn't looking to pass though - lost my hat on one length and swam back with it in my hand to hand to the people marking off the lane so they could make a note and not make me do any extra lengths. Finished and jumped out and then got held back as my chip had chip had come off again and one of the helpers reattached it again.

Slow enough T1 as I didn't bother attaching shoes to pedals and instead sat down and changed them. Ran out of T1 and then dropped my chain as I jumped on. Minor delay and off I went. Was a bumpy enough route and a bit draggy in places but I just hit it as hard as I could - half way round I noticed I had no chip on my ankle - sure if it couldn't stay on in the pool what chance did it have... Continued picking out the cyclists in front and closing them down one by one and felt good, after about 14km I got a call off one of the marshalls letting em know that I was in about 7th place in the wave. Put a bit of a surge in from then till the finish and picked off another 3. No chip time but the Garmin has me at 34.00 from mount line to dismount line. Long enough run into and out of transition though.

Into T2 and sat down again to get runners on. Out just behind the Pulse lad who led the swim out and tried to stick with him. Got over taken on the run by another Pulse guy, Vanessa Fenton, a Piranha bloke and a 3D'er which I was happy with - normally much more overtaking me.

Finshed in1:19 which I thought was pretty poor but now the results are out I'm fairly happy with. 15th overall and 2nd Vet.

Edit: Kudos to Trilogy for putting on a great race. Plenty of marshalls all giving great support and plenty of abuse from the MC/DJ.

Where did you get the age results breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

My first tri as well... just wanted to say thanks.. very well run event!

• Advertisement

griffin100 wrote: »
    Where did you get the age results breakdown?

A mysterious source;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tickencor

Hiya.....just a big thank you to Trilogy club and all others who helped out alike. My first Tri and it was a great buzz from start to finish, the enthusiasm of the marshals was great, it helped to go that extra bit quicker. Great atmosphere and it was easier dipping my toes into Tri with so many other newbies around to share stories and apprehensions. Must get the wetsuit and do an OW event now. I was 'all shook up' after hearing and seeing elvis.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Really a great experience today. It went very smooth and I was surprised by the amount of bodies helping out.
    Fair play to all involved and many thanks
    I loved the cake. Went back for 2nds and 3rds! :).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭widespread

Brillant event, really enjoyed it even if I had to get up at 5 this morning to drive up.

Saw lots of photographers around, where would you see photos of the event. Just to prove to Mrs WS that that is actually where I was all day :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Boardsie Mr. Tango came second, denied victory by a stitch. If only he could run! Bodes well for IM Lanzarote

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

tunney wrote: »
    Boardsie Mr. Tango came second, denied victory by a stitch. If only he could run! Bodes well for IM Lanzarote

A sprint bodes well for an IM? Has Tunney finally lost his marbles!!

Well done Mr Tango!

A sprint bodes well for an IM? Has Tunney finally lost his marbles!!

Well done Mr Tango!

Did you see the weather, i got sun burned in April in Laois. Its as close to Lanza as he'll get here !

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

Just want to say loved it yesterday. So proud of myself, can't believe I did it:) Great support from marshals and MC on the finish line:) Thanks so much, think I'm hooked:)

Can't wait for the pics:)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

enjoyable race guys - nice one to kick off the season. Weather was great to!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I was the piranha that passed you. You looked very strong on the bike in fairness. I had a new bike and the set up was all wrong, pain in my back all the way, v disappointed with cycle.
    Swim was embarrassing, v Fenton lapped me twice, no idea how I was in the wave.
    Happy overall, felt there's another 2 mins at least in the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Anyone any suggestions for what would be a good second Triathlon to attempt? Didn't want to start a new thread, just to ask what tri I should do next!

Deedsie wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions for what would be a good second Triathlon to attempt? Didn't want to start a new thread, just to ask what tri I should do next!

3d Tri have one in the National Aquatic Centre on May 19th if its a pool one you want or suppose i'll mention Athy ( Trilogy marshell that as well )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

3d Tri have one in the National Aquatic Centre on May 19th if its a pool one you want or suppose i'll mention Athy ( Trilogy marshell that as well )

Another vote here for 3D's Fingal NAC triathlon. Always well organised and marshalled and a great atmosphere.

Advertisement