Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTÉ 6.1 News changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Muahahaha wrote: »
    She was completely out of her depth during that interview with the four of them last night and the look to camera begging to be recused by the producer back in RTE said it all. Of course they were going to be like a bag of cats but a good interviewer knows techniques to keep them in line.

Should take a note from Áine Lawlor on the week in politics. She is so good at managing a cluster of nitpicking politicians and calmly will bring them back on message or cut them off .So funny on the midweek election one!
    Perry is good at one to one interviews and is calmer when in studio.
    I like Sharon Tobin and Ray Kennedy combo best .
    Don't get the persecution of Sharon Ní , not my favourite but she's got a personality at least.

pink leather jacket and big flouncy pink skirt tonight doing an election special, really !

Ahh her and Jean, love seeing what they will wear next!
    Out there 🀗

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Shes always had a bit of a mad sense of fashion, sure remember when she went out on the streets of Clontarf to walk the dog in her PJs

2014-02-24-13.58.30-e1393250633329-768x1024.jpg

She later rang up Joe Duffy about those photos and called herself as "looking like a dogs dinner". Then I think it was Irish Pictorial Weekly who did the Sharon ni Volatron sketch and they incorporated the dogs dinner quote into it :D

Bag woman?

Bag woman?

No photos of Ray or Dobbo taking the rubbish out..Funny that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Saw Sharon Ni Bheolain once in real life, the camera doesn't do her justice, she is smaller than I thought she would be though.

Wonder where Keelin Shanley went to I thought she was supposed to be co anchor with C Perry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Wonder where Keelin Shanley went to I thought she was supposed to be co anchor with C Perry.

I asked the same question a few pages back.

Apparently she is unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Supposedly she is quite ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Keelan Shanley is very good.She did have breast cancer about six or seven years ago.Hopefully it hasn't returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah i like Keelin, a very competent interviewer. Hope she gets well soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Stewball wrote: »
    I asked the same question a few pages back.

Apparently she is unwell.
    Supposedly she is quite ill.
    Keelan Shanley is very good.She did have breast cancer about six or seven years ago.Hopefully it hasn't returned.

Not good news. Unfortunately Keelin has died. The RTE curse has struck again. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I just got the notification from RTE News. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Ah no. Far too young.

RIP

Jesus thats awful :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Terribly sad news.

She was very good when she did SixOne.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

Not good news. Unfortunately Keelin has died. The RTE curse has struck again. RIP.

Don't be so glib. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

How very sad. 2 young children too. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Very sorry to hear that.

Very competent and professional presenter.

RIP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Just read it there, very sad to hear. Enjoyed her work.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

She was a great presenter. May she rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

May God grant some recovery to her family and some peace and nurturing to her children.

What a horrible tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Dare I say the only news presenter on Irish TV that came across as a professional. The rest of them wouldn’t get jobs cleaning the toilets in the likes of NBC/CNN. R.I.P Keelin and deepest sympathies to her family.

Very sorry to hear. RIP Keelin . She had a young family too.
    I really liked her , she was lovely to watch on all the programmes she presented. Always fresh and interested in whatever she was reporting, and direct and honest.
    Explains why all the others have been so sad looking lately . Terrible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Very sad when I heard this
    Apparently she knew in 2016 that the cancer had returned and this time it was terminal but she insisted on taking the job on Six One as she said " Cancer is only part of my life NOT all of it"
    Very brave thing to say
    RIP Keelin I will miss your smile

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Brian O'Donovan is great. Has a great voice for reporting and doesn't show any bias. Perry just spouted on how Trump was terrible for the last 2 years or so.

Just saw Brian on RTE News again, seems like a nice guy but he has a funny stlye of reporting almost like he is trying too hard lol!

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Just saw Brian on RTE News again, seems like a nice guy but he has a funny stlye of reporting almost like he is trying too hard lol!

Saw that report from Brian at the United Nations just there, man the way he delivered so much information all in the space of 60 seconds was something else, he really has the gift of the gab and knows how to deliver it succinctly.

I love his style of reporting, he's got a really cheeky grin that makes me laugh. I actually think he would make a very good comedy actor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

I can't stand Brian O'Donovan! He is way OTT, word emphasis is all over the place, facial expressions, hand gestures, everthing just really annoys me.
    Seems to report like an American style TV news reporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

spakman wrote: »
    I can't stand Brian O'Donovan! He is way OTT, word emphasis is all over the place, facial expressions, hand gestures, everthing just really annoys me.

It worked out well for Jonathan Hunt on Fox News.

spakman wrote: »

I like his enthusiasm and vigour and think he is a very good storyteller when reporting from the US, especially in the short amount of time available to him. Hes a lot better than someone like Paschal Sheehy who delivers his reports in the same monotone dreary voice every single time. Paschal could be reporting on a double murder or a Kerry All Ireland win and you wouldnt know the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Keelin Shanley's funeral was held today in Glenageary.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0212/1114751-keelin-funeral/

Advertisement