Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asics gel kyano unwearable

Options
  • 07-06-2019 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I bought a pair of asics gel kyano 25s in late February this year. I didn't wear them for a while as the weather was very wet. I started wearing them 2 months ago and since then I have suffered continuous pain in my arches, metatarsalgia and shin splints. I have alway bought asics gel kyano or Gt2000 because I require the extra support. These runners are unwearable. I have list faith completly in asics and will not buy them again. I have started to wear a 4 year old pair of Gt2000 and the pain has improved. When I wear my echo shoes I don't have this problem either or today I'm wearing penneys flat boots with plantar fasciitis Insoles and have no pain! My new asics gel kyano are the worst shoe I have ever owned! This really is unacceptable!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

<SNIP>

What is your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭28064212

You are unlikely to have many options here. You've worn them, so the shop are unlikely to do a goodwill change-of-mind refund.

There's only two scenarios that I can see where you might have options:
    • There's a actual manufacturing fault with this specific pair (there's obviously no inherent fault with the model, there are millions of people wearing them with no issues)
    • The shop specifically advised you to get them i.e. they provided an assessment service and recommended this particular pair
    Both cases would be difficult to pursue, but have some potential to be successful.

If neither of those things are true, then I can't see how you could possibly have any recourse, since neither the retailer nor the manufacturer have done anything wrong: you simply bought an item that wasn't suited to you

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement