Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So what now for Breda Gardner? The EP run would've increased her reach for a General Election in the CW-KK constituency.......but losing her seat @ local level now means that's dead in the water surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    So what now for Breda Gardner? The EP run would've increased her reach for a General Election in the CW-KK constituency.......but losing her seat @ local level now means that's dead in the water surely?

Hopefully. My take home message from this election is that people want sensible, solution led politics. Not populist whiners who point out the obvious but solve nothing. Hence the clear out of all SF co councilors also.
    She never once impressed me as a politician and I’ve heard her speak several times.

Joe Daly wrote: »
    He will find somebody to agitate its in the blood. That Denis Hynes did well working around Freshford, Ballyragget last week heard a few people were impressed with him when he called to canvas.

I really liked Denis hynes. Seems like a down to earth, friendly guy. I was glad he got such a good vote with Labour retaking some of that SF vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

Hynes is labours general election candidate so you'll be hearing plenty more from him, you also have Noonan for a resurgent Greens hard to see Funchion holding the seat for Sinn Fein as things stand given the strength of Fianna Fail & Fine Gael in the constituency also

robwen wrote: »
    Hynes is labours general election candidate so you'll be hearing plenty more from him, you also have Noonan for a resurgent Greens hard to see Funchion holding the seat for Sinn Fein as things stand given the strength of Fianna Fail & Fine Gael in the constituency also

She’s a non entity- the fact she was ever elected to be a TD is mind boggling. Easily one of the worst TDs in Dail eireann and comes across as genuinely dim.
    FF and even Labour should feast on her votes, especially with a welcome wipe out of SF council seats her chances of re election look grim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

road_high wrote: »
    She’s a non entity- the fact she was ever elected to be a TD is mind boggling. Easily one of the worst TDs in Dail eireann and comes across as genuinely dim.
    FF and even Labour should feast on her votes, especially with a welcome wipe out of SF council seats her chances of re election look grim

Her father was a union official he was a good organiser his name would have been well known in Carlow that's why she got a big vote down there, I think she has run the course to .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

road_high wrote: »

Agreed, add to that the fast one she pulled of having her boyfriend co-opted to her council seat when she was elected to the Dail, serious delusions of grandeur

robwen wrote: »
    Agreed, add to that the fast one she pulled of having her boyfriend co-opted to her council seat when she was elected to the Dail, serious delusions of grandeur

Funcheon was riding the very brief fad of SF popularity but now the public knows the emperor has no clothes- it was certainly nothing to do with her ability or intelligence. She must be one opposition TD dreading an election as she is simply goosed. SF appear more transfer toxic than ever

Advertisement