Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

It's not in the blood line though. That would mean that you could only become a vampire if it was in your bloodline which clearly isn't the case. Yes they were somehow turned into vampires but it wasn't because it was in their DNA. Plus like I said, vampires can't reproduce so how would the bloodline carry on like that? It couldn't.

That's not the point. There's no proof in this that vampires can't reproduce either, may I point out. But, it clearly has something to do with their blood, they pass it on by getting another to drink their blood, and then kill them to turn them. ie: Their blood line gets transferred into another...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Ouch!!...series low for TVD, the overall viewers + the female demo are dire (for TVD) but still the highest rated for the network overall, it's not in danger but i do think Idol is hurting it, alot:

The Vampire Diaries
    - 2.700 million viewers
    - 1.7/3 HH
    - 1.2/4 A18-49
    - 1.2/4 A18-34
    - 1.5/5 W18-34

Nikita
    - 2.013 million viewers
    - 1.3/2 HH
    - 0.8/2 A18-49
    - 0.6/2 A18-34
    - 0.8/2 W18-34

^ Nikita is holding up well though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    That's not the point. There's no proof in this that vampires can't reproduce either, may I point out. But, it clearly has something to do with their blood, they pass it on by getting another to drink their blood, and then kill them to turn them. ie: Their blood line gets transferred into another...?

It's been stated a number of times by different characters that they can't reproduce.

As for the blood transfer thing, it's not like a transfusion, the person becoming a vampire still has their own blood in them, it's not like they've suddenly got the person who turned them's DNA in them.

Obviously there is still more to learn about how Klaus, Elijah etc. became vampires in the first place but I don't think it's a case of it being a genetic thing. We'll see.

Ouch!!...series low for TVD, the overall viewers + the female demo are dire (for TVD) but still the highest rated for the network overall, it's not in danger but i do think Idol is hurting it, alot:

Idol and there's NBA and NHL playoffs on too. I'd imagine there's quite a few ladies who usually have control of the TV on Thursdays are having to make way. Those numbers are so vague though, the boxes aren't in every home and it doesn't take into account people who record it to watch later, or people who watch it on line legally. It's still the top rated show on CW though, so unless the entire network goes under I'd say it's safe enough. Strange that it hasn't been officially renewed already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I'm not really liking JM as Klaus, but I'll wait to see how it plays out before I comment further. The guy just isn't scary....yet.

• Advertisement

DeWitt wrote: »
    I'm not really liking JM as Klaus, but I'll wait to see how it plays out before I comment further. The guy just isn't scary....yet.

I dunno, I thought his blatant disregard for human life was kind of off putting. Also when he did lose the head with Elijah it was kind of scary. I think the calm and cool menacing type can be more scary than someone who just stomps around the place all the time. To be fair though we haven't really seen much of him in the present day so maybe he'll get scarier. I hope they make him a horrible horrible person because I really don't need another villain to love and have to worry about their death all the time :D

Noel2k9 wrote: »

Elijah and 5 of the kids were born human, they didn't have a bloodline or vamp DNA, someone or something turned the family....or one family member and that member then turned everyone else.

Vamps cannot reproduce, meaning the 6 kids wre born before becoming vamps. As for the mother cheating and getting preggers with Klaus....that suggests Klaus' father was a warewolf, the mother was human....ergo reproduction not afforded vamps.

So Klaus grew up warewolf, but was turned in his mid-late 20's into a vamp, a hybrid wolf/vamp.

So Klaus grew up warewolf, but was turned in his mid-late 20's into a vamp, a hybrid wolf/vamp.

I'm wondering did he grew up with the wolf gene but never actually activated it? Like Tyler did? Is it likely he'd have killed someone before he became a vampire and been an actively turning warewolf before whatever happened to make them vampires? It's probably not important actually. He can't shift into one now anyway.

I'm wondering did he grew up with the wolf gene but never actually activated it? Like Tyler did? Is it likely he'd have killed someone before he became a vampire and been an actively turning warewolf before whatever happened to make them vampires? It's probably not important actually. He can't shift into one now anyway.

I think it remains dormant until you reach a certain age, like late teens or something. It makes more sense imo.

I think it remains dormant until you reach a certain age, like late teens or something. It makes more sense imo.

I think the killing someone activates it thing would probably restrict it to a certain age anyway. I mean it's unlikely a young child would kill someone and activate it at like 5 or something. Although if you think about it, way back whenever Klaus and Elijah were born, they were probably always pillaging some neighbouring village or being pillaged themselves, so the chances of him activating it would be quite high.
    I suppose it doesn't really matter if he activated it or not though because it didn't really become an issue until he was a vampire too.

On that note, could Tyler become a vampire? If they killed him as far away from the full moon as possible, would he then be a warepire too? And would the curse then apply to him too, thus solving his wolf problem?

• Advertisement

^ my guess is you need to be an original to be a hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

On that note, could Tyler become a vampire? If they killed him as far away from the full moon as possible, would he then be a warepire too? And would the curse then apply to him too, thus solving his wolf problem?

I'm disappointed in the direction the plot went this week. The whole idea of a warepire/werepire? was done in the Underworld films and all I remember from that was how dumb looking the hybrid looked. A big question is what happened to the other five brothers then? Why did Elijah and klaus only hang together? I think any wampire stories that ever mention the origin of the species runs into serious problems in not making it sound ridiculous.

I'm disappointed in the direction the plot went this week. The whole idea of a warepire/werepire? was done in the Underworld films and all I remember from that was how dumb looking the hybrid looked. A big question is what happened to the other five brothers then? Why did Elijah and klaus only hang together? I think any wampire stories that ever mention the origin of the species runs into serious problems in not making it sound ridiculous.

Yeah, I wonder is that why Elijah kind of brushed over it all. Maybe they're not going to go into any more detail with it. I suppose they don't really need to as it isn't relevant to what's actually happening. I also wonder if this was the plan from the beginning or was there so much confusion with the "sun and moon" Aztec curse thing that they had to rethink the whole thing and try and salvage an explanation.

Officially renewed for season 3. It was never really in doubt but it's nice to have official confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Totally there with you on that, a needless twist IMHO , I also thought the attempt at narrative symmetry by having yet another set of brothers obsessed with Ms Dobrev to be a trifle cliche .

Yeah, wasn't worried about TVD. Here's hoping we get word on Nikita next.

Totally there with you on that, a needless twist IMHO , I also thought the attempt at narrative symmetry by having yet another set of brothers obsessed with Ms Dobrev to be a trifle cliche .

I think the main storyline this season has been pretty poor. If it wasn't for the complicated relationships between those involved I'd say it sucked to be honest. Katherine and Caroline's story have probably been the highlight of the season, might even say they saved it. The worst set of episodes were the ones after they locked Katherine in the cave, which also coincided with the heavy focus on the wolves. I didn't care about the wolves and I can't say I particularly care about Klaus and what he's trying to do.
    It's not that I don't like Elena but did we ever think she'd actually die in this silly twisted over complicated plot line? Nope.

While it's nice to have renewal confirmation, i'm VERY worried about Nikita!!....i'm not arsed about OTH or Hellcats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

While it's nice to have renewal confirmation, i'm VERY worried about Nikita!!....i'm not arsed about OTH or Hellcats.

OTH will most likely be picked up, dunno about Hellcats, but I've a feeling MTV in the US will pick that up like they did over here. Nikita looks fairly promising if they're getting rid of Hellcats anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Wow...really don't wana wait til next week for the next episode! Was wondering when the Elena becoming a vampire thing would be touched on! Had kinda already thought Damon would do that to save her but damn him, she doesn't want that! Hoping since Tyler hadn't fully transformed that Damon will be OK....

Not sure how I'm feeling about all this lately.

How exactly was their plan going to work anyway? Klaus has to sacrifice the ware wolf and the vampire before he even gets anywhere near drinking Elena dry, so they were quite happy to just sit back and let him off some random vamp and wolf as long as Elena would be OK? And it never occurred to them that it would probably be someone they knew in at least one of the sacrificial places?

I don't know what they're trying to do to Damon anymore. I'm wondering if they will actually let him die from the wolf bite? They've pretty much destroyed his relationship with Elena and that was the only thing keeping him around really. He's also kind of responsible for Jenna being a vamp now, although if he hadn't done what he did Caroline and Tyler would've ended up dead so....

But yeah, not at all sure how I feel about it. Katherine's still alive though and Klaus has no plans for using her in the sacrifice so hooray for that :)

I'm still not feeling Klaus. He's just not intimadating.

I'm still not feeling Klaus. He's just not intimadating.

He looks almost exactly like my three year old cousin, I find him too adorable to be intimidating.

Brilliant episode, very ensemble in structure....everyone got screentime, too many twists and shockers to count, the big one being....Jenna is a vamp!, holy crap!....how will Alaric feel about that?

OK, lets think about who MIGHT die!....i think Jenna is for the chop, i think Matt will be an innocent death due to stupidity on his part.....a third will be on deaths door. Either Damon or Elena.

I suspect Katherine will survive and skulk off into the night to return next season when ratings require her :-)
    Beautiful and honest scene with Elena and Damon on the hillside....i've long suspected that Elena never wanted that life, i think Stefan knew it all along as well. Sooo much happened, hard to take in!...lol, can't wait now for the two part finale, big cliffhanger i expect.

The Vampire Diaries (96% coverage CW normally 95%)
    - 2.679 million viewers
    - 1.7/3 HH
    - 1.2/4 A18-49
    - 1.3/5 A18-34
    - 1.9/6 W18-34

Nikita (96% coverage)
    - 1.723 million viewers
    - 1.1/2 HH
    - 0.6/2 A18-49
    - 0.6/2 A18-34
    - 0.7/2 W18-34

^ bad for TVD...terrible for Nikita!

Huh?....didn't even know Stefan was dating Melissa....now married?

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2011/04/paul-wesley-devito.html

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-Hawaii-Smallville-1032657.aspx

Will we see anymore flashbacks on The Vampire Diaries this year? — Betty
    NATALIE:
    The final two episodes left are very much about the present. If you're a fan of the history lessons, though, you're going to love next season, which has already been dubbed "the year of the originals," and thus will feature many flashbacks. The bad news: Neither Joseph Morgan nor Daniel Gillies (Klaus and Elijah, respectively) have new contracts yet
    Great news, I'm really looking forward to season3 after hearing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev dating off screen?

According to blogger sites, but neither of them have confirmed it...yet.

• Advertisement

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-Hawaii-Smallville-1032657.aspx

Great news, I'm really looking forward to season3 after hearing that.

I dunno, season 1 flashbacks were great to fill us in on the brothers past, but apart from the Katerine flashback episode this season I thought they were a bit pointless.
    I like Elijah, and Klaus seems pretty cool but I don't care enough about them to want to see time given over to their past.

Advertisement