Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manager smoking while right next to me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

There's a shelter over it.

Good, when you get fired for being a toxic employee if you're lucky they might let you sleep under it.

Until you can rise above the level of an acne ridden teenager in the job market then beggars can't be choosers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,622 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

She was smoking while showing me how to use the card board baler. As she was standing right next to me. At one stage she looked like such a knacker with the fag in her mouth, while both hands were occupied.

This didn't seem very professional of her. I was wondering if I should say "that cigarette is a bit too strong for me" but I didn't want to piss her off. Bloody annoying though. Having thought about it, I seriously doubt she'd done this back when I was new on the job. I've never been that close to a cigarette for so long. Yauk.

I've got a new job now, and I'd have a good mind to send a letter to her boss about this.

Name checks out

But yeah 2nd hand smoke is a pain in the gnads.

It's the equivalent of someone coming up to you and waving a dirty bedsheet all over you, invading your personal space.

Do you spend all your time frantically hitting refresh on this site just so you can post about your extraordinary discovery that people re-reg on this site? Might I suggest you find something more intellectually and emotionally satisfying to do with your time? That dude Srameen is quicker off the mark than you as well, so no need for two hall monitors to be on duty all the time.

It's a matter of integrity sticking with the one account, as opposed to scores of cheapos. Something you know only too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You’d hope so, a baler made of cardboard isn’t going to last too long out in the rain.

Yeah, I got one of those Nintendo Labo balers for the hay. It was far cheaper than a metal one and lighter too which saved a lot on the old green diesel for the Massey.

Like the OP's workplace, I have to keep it covered though because of the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Do you spend all your time frantically hitting refresh on this site just so you can post about your extraordinary discovery that people re-reg on this site? Might I suggest you find something more intellectually and emotionally satisfying to do with your time? That dude Srameen is quicker off the mark than you as well, so no need for two hall monitors to be on duty all the time.

Is your other account going to come along and agree with you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Problem Of Motivation

It's a matter of integrity sticking with the one account, as opposed to scores of cheapos. Something you know only too well.
    Such high minded talk about, of all things, anonymous online accounts. Dear God, nobody cares. But maybe the thought of having a particular reputation online matters to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I do, but if she has to show me again I will tell her. I don't care if I get fired.

Why would she be showing you again in your new job?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Outdoors
    So... legal to smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I do, but if she has to show me again I will tell her. I don't care if I get fired.
    You'll probably get fired if they think they have to show you how to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gr8 m8

Hello.

Is it not a good thing that she feels free enough with you to smoke in front of you?

I often smoked in front of my bosses when outside and they didn't care as long as I was working and getting the job done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

And people say we are a generation of snowflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Stephen15 wrote: »
    And people say we are a generation of snowflakes

Be fair, it's not a serious OP. Look at the other 2 threads they started and is fairly obvious that they're messing. I feel like Generation Z is being trolled

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Cardboard baler.... Combustible... Ehs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

OP is this the same mad woman who had the temerity to turn up 'Faith' by George Michael?

She's like a bloody Terminator, there no stopping her. Turning up radios, smoking outdoors..... I mean, what's next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

She's like a bloody Terminator, there no stopping her. Turning up radios, smoking outdoors..... I mean, what's next?

Sending him to get some milk?

Sending him to get some milk?

OP is no doubt lactose-intolerant and would balk at this task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I’m baling my cardboard, Kate.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Excellent post Johnny. A rare moment of lucidity for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Thanks UC.

OP should consider the smoker is perhaps not the brightest bulb on the xmas tree. As such, that job may just be all she has. Leaving for a new position elsewhere and then reporting her to her boss is just a nasty spineless thing to do.
    If you hadn't the balls to say it at the time, don't go crying to her boss when you're miles away in her rear view.. that's snowflake ****! Her behaviour is not aligned with my lifestyle, rather than discussing it, I want her destroyed!!!!

• Advertisement

Self praise is no praise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Maybe go for a nice long walk to clear the lungs? You can listen to the radio then when you come home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

I feel like I have just stumbled into the creative writing thread :confused::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Self praise is no praise.

Half a loaf is better than no bread at all.

The tide is turning…

I've got a new job now, and I'd have a good mind to send a letter to her boss about this.

So, hold on, this isn't in the garage? Where did this happen? Context my friend, context.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I'm disappointed with the lack of breakfast roll information in your threads OP. Are yours any good? A critical point for your garage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed with the lack of breakfast roll information in your threads OP. Are yours any good? A critical point for your garage

Im sure the OP wants to distance himself from that.

Sure only lower class non radio listening smokers would purchase those :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Op, do you smoke the pipe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Outdoors. I still think it would be common manners to put the bloody thing down while you have to stand next to someone.

She was carrying the baler as well? I’d be wary about saying anything to her so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

She was smoking while showing me how to use the card board baler. As she was standing right next to me. At one stage she looked like such a knacker with the fag in her mouth, while both hands were occupied.

Hang on, has a certain FG TD from south Dublin started a new job already, make sure you have staff liability insurance :D

Advertisement