Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airing room for writers?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I checked with my lovely assistant, who informs me that I'm going to see Tom Waits on Wednesday AND Thursday (yee-haw), and that I have to go buy a truckload of kebabs on Friday night (for Barbie on Saturday) (Barbie as in bbq, not my lovely assistant).

So it looks more like next week if it suits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

room for one more?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Yeah this week's after gettin a bit jammed too. Waits, daughter's birthday, blah, blah. But gonna be free from Sundalish I reckon. So anyone interested then jump aboard.
    May see you at Wait's on Thu. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your white sachel and red cross.
    Mind you I've got him all week as my balcony is perfectly situated for Phoenix pk and RHK free listening.

So it's looking like Sunday's a goer. Jack Dev's on board and Oink. Anyone else up for rummaging through the next door neighbour's underwear?

yowhatde underwear who now? Ah well - If everybody else is doing it I'll tag along.

Not too early though, I have stuff to do in the afternoon. Are you joing us Hennessjon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 Jack DeValera

Last night was great guys - will we book another one in for a couple of weeks time?

It'd be nice to get more people - henessjon, you still interested?

It's an informal get together of musicians/songwriters, come and try out your stuff or just listen if you want - all are welcome!!

Catch any mackerel Humerklog??

oh yes i am but fill me in what the format is

we bring a song and we play along or we go and start afresh, do I bring beer

or drugs lol - joking btw

accoustic affair or what

{venue} info?

That was fun all right.:)
    I quite like your songs Jackdev.

Hennessjon, we generally meet at Humberklog's place. Bring a guitar or whatever/whoever you like to bang on to make noise, and then we all just sit down and see what happens...

I'm sure there'll be another session soon.

No flipping mackerel! 4 hours!
    Cracking evening gents. Lovin the new stuff jack.
    Anytime between now and 2weeks is good here for thew next meet up so I'll leave that open to others.
    HennessJ all anyone has to bring is an interest in the creative process. It really is as simple as that. Whether you wanna play tour own stuff, play along with others that want people to play along, talk about the writing/creating process. It is whatever you want it to be. No Snobs!

Anyone up for this week? I'm free 'til Friday so if that suits anyone then display your interest here.

• Advertisement

I'm away this week, so maybe next week...
    I enjoyed the last session, I feel more motivated to finish my song...

I finished my song !!! (see separate thread in this forum)
    Thansk H, the airing romo definitely helped me finish it! And thanks Jackdev for the encouragement!

Anyone up for a thursday gathering?

You sound like a priest when you say that...

Thursday works for me.

Anyone else?

Amen to that brother Oink. Since I've began mucking about with funny tunings my bean and valve have started wobbling in not before felt ways in the mind of this absurd jew. Christianity it could well be. I wouldn't mind getting on the Christianrockgravyexpress. Whoo-whoo next stop Calvary!

OOoops no can do tommorrow but am free all weekend to however's interested. Oink I'll have the recording equipment set up.

Kool, thanks. I'll try and have my song more or less ready by then...

So tomorrow evening or anytime Sunday's good here. Anyone up for a few hours of trotting your prized pony around my sittingroom?

how do you attend unless you get an address?

no pms recieved here

henessjon wrote: »
    how do you attend unless you get an address?

no pms recieved here
    You've only gotta say you're interested in coming along and I'll P.M you details. In fact I'll P.M them now to you so you'll have it for next time around.

• Advertisement

Hey H,

I was kind of busy this week, but we'll arrange something soon.

ttyl

Oink wrote: »
    Hey H,

I was kind of busy this week, but we'll arrange something soon.

ttyl
    Same as Oink. Same as. Being trying to record in free time but it's a mare! The yips. Maybe next week. Keep in touch.

PS I'm gonna be trying to set up that keyboard with the Zoom software. I can feel an Eno phase coming on. I need it for Cuppasoup song. Have a great idea in mind.

Anyone up for a meet up? Jack Dev? Oink? JBuffet?

As usual it's an evening open to all interested in the creative process, regardless of talent or skills. So anyone interested at all just respond on thread, giving a peference for time and date.

There is a change of address for next one. Heading northside for winter.

So if you've been writing a few tunes and your mother thinks your great but your other half winces when you mention you've been writing songs then perhaps a trip to the airingroom is just what you need. Alcohol, stimulants and open minds welcomed.

I'm in. My schedule is rather light at the moment, so anytime suits. Except saturdays, when I'm often busy until 5ish.

monday-wednesday suits me evenings of course

I'm good too except for this Friday and Saturday. Sure we'll leave out there and see if anyone else is interested before setting a time as I know Jack Dev is interested too.
    Will be good to have you along Henessjon. New face to liven it up is very welcome. I'm sure we'll all be on our best behaviour. Do you play an instrument? There'll be plenty of guitars knocking about and a top of the range keyboard (that's a top of the range keyboard in the Argos catalogue, Circa '84, under 35euro range).

Thinking of doing a round of corned beef or banana sambos but can't decide. I'm open to suggestions.
    Any cello players out there?

the accoustic guitar i will be bringing :-)

I'm good for Sunday evening. That suit anyone else??

And for the love of god humber, make it corned beef. I haven't eaten a banana sandwich since I was seven, and I didn't even like them then.

Sunday's good here too. Anyone else 2nding sunday?

Jack the lesser spotted banana sambo is a very under-rated snack. I had one with a mini bottle of Cadet Cola the other day and my toes rolled back in pleasure and nostalgia. But I'm kinda leaning corned beef and mustard too.

There is a change of address so it'll be a trip to de'norside 'burbs for anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

this sounds great - I'll send a PM and see where it leads me . . . :D

this sounds great - I'll send a PM and see where it leads me . . . :D
    Good man for taking the leap Beeb. PM sent. Address is a bit up in air as I'm between apartments at the moment so it's looking like around beaumont for 7ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Partly Arvo

This sounds like a good idea; is it a functioning one?

It functions intermittently - keep checking this thread to find out when the next one is taking place - everbody is welcome.

And on that note - When we scheduling the next one Humberklog??

Anyone up for this weekend? Sunday evening?

I like your tracks, very cool.

One of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkjhgDo1REM

Recorded on a laptop with only the in-built speakers so the sound isn't great.

sunday night cool for me

• Advertisement

Sunday's good here too.

Well, let's say Sunday then. You up for coming Partly Arvo?? That video and song are great, would love to have you there.

Humber - is your place still an option? You said you were moving, just wanted to double-check it was okay with you.

Also, it might be worthwhile doing a PM to people who have expressed interest before - it'd be good to get the numbers up.

Good point about my place. It's a bit up in air still. At moment I can do however if someone else wanted to accommodate it this time around I'd welcome that.

I'm in if there's a venue. Is bringing wine/beer allowed?

Wine/beer/hard narcotics are all allowed.

No banana sandwiches though.

• Advertisement

hard narcotics are all allowed

Do you accept Lazer cards? :)

My place is looking dodgy for sunday so if anyone else could do this one it would be most helpful
    Or mine is good for Monday Tuesday or Wednesday

Can do Sunday day at mine. My neighbours are mongs and get offended if I burp at night though.

I'm having a 'mare with builders at the moment. So a change of location for the next week or so would be good.

BUMPING UP THE JAM.
    Songroom is assembling on wednesday night. So far its me and Jack Dev and hoping Oink may see this and come along. If you're reading this and don't know what it is it is very, very simple. If you are intereted in song creation as a creative process then you are welcome. Wether you play an instrument, write lyrics or just like to see new music being wheeled out for the first time then drop along. PM me and I'll pm details.
    This is an interim venue and isn't as big as previous venue but could accomodate up to 5. There will be spare guitars (so anyone interested in picking up instrument for 1st time this is the perfect place to get acquainted), there will be a clarinet, a tuba and maybe a keyboard too. It is held in a private residence.
    You can do what you like: have people join in, play by yourself, listen in, drink, smoke. Only thing required is an open mind.
    So it's happening this wednesday evening and will be located around the Leonard's corner area of Dublin. Show an interest on this thread and more info wil follow.

I'm in! Looking forward to hearing your new songs.
    Anybody else out there wants to jump in?

im up for it too

any flamenco players there?????
    need 1

Good man Hennisjon. I'll pm on phone no. etc.

I reckon oink could pull a bit of flaminco from the sleeve.

7-7.3o good time for everyone?

cool

• Advertisement
Advertisement