Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airing room for writers?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JBuffet

hey humberklog, did it go ahead on the weekend? missed the first session a few weeks back and dying to give it a go!any arrangemens made for the next meet up?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

JBuffet wrote: »
    hey humberklog, did it go ahead on the weekend? missed the first session a few weeks back and dying to give it a go!any arrangemens made for the next meet up?
    Hey j,no didn't do anything at weekend about airing room. I'm leaving it open to suggestions from good people like yourself for the time of next one. I didn't mean any particular weekend,it was just to say i'd do it on weekends(could be a bit handier for some). This coming saturday is a busy one for me but any other time should be do-able.
    So anyone wanting to come by and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

Im around whenever man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Jack DeValera

Ehh....Where are we on this??

Let's set a date in the near future and get yes or no from people - otherwise we'll be here till next year saying lets do it soon.

Saturday 12th afternoonish - Sound good??

Grumpy Jack!
    12th is perfect here. Good choice.

• Advertisement

So is anyone interested in this saturday the 12th?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Jack DeValera

Nobody for today???

Let's try mid-week humberklog. I think it might be better.

Anyone up for polishing up on some tunes? Dusting off their elephant orchestra and taking it around the block a few times?
    I can do (and will be doing) tomoro(wed)or thur.
    As usual this is an open evening for anybody that is reading this and fancy's playing their music in a comfortable relaxed atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭mada999

hey man, yeah I'm polishing some tunes off at the mo..hopefully pop up to ya in the not too distant future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rossa64

hey folks, iv just stumbled upon this thread now, i was lookin for some website that i could post up lyrics and stuff and hear feedback, but the airing room sounds like a far better, more worthwhile idea!

has it been going ahead or, is it still in the pipeline? im a budding lyricist(i think) and can play guitar, but for some reason im having a terrible time stringing the two things together - probably due to lack of singing skills, but id like to come along to the airing room, and air some opinions, sit down and play or even to just watch and see how other people work - iv tried jammin with friends in the past but i never seem to feel like it gets me anywhere. some progress would be fun...

• Advertisement

This has to be done folks....time to get the finger out! I'll have my car back next week.......hopefully.....so pick a time and date!

Yep it's fingers out and get these tunes playing. Looks as though a few people interested too. Mada?(don't worry if the tunes only nearly there,so are half mine), Rosa? Dream? Ken.m? Jack? Whoever else wants too, just jump in with a day. Any evening suits here between now and next weekend (9th-ish). I wouldn't mind doing one this week but I'll leave days to be sorted by collective response. So get posting your prefered day. This weekend is fine with me also. Hey dream what are you bringing that you need a car?

I'll bring the only thing I need....myself....I live in Navan so the whole walking to you doesnt really work!

Bit of a schlep alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rossa64

id love to play this weekend, as id love to play anyday i can, but for the next couple weeks im being screwed over with exams and a **** load of work in college so i reckon i wont be able to meet up until may is out :mad:
    if i could though id fully take up the oppotunity folks, its worth it! whos gaf is it in again? and where do you live? im from dublin so im sure i can make it wherever, when i get the chance!

rossa64 wrote: »
    id love to play this weekend, as id love to play anyday i can, but for the next couple weeks im being screwed over with exams and a **** load of work in college so i reckon i wont be able to meet up until may is out :mad:
    if i could though id fully take up the oppotunity folks, its worth it! whos gaf is it in again? and where do you live? im from dublin so im sure i can make it wherever, when i get the chance!
    No prob, sure just keep an eye on thread for one that's at a time that suits you. I've no problem having it in mine. It's my own apartment in islandbridge so there's zero hassle. Have a bit of recording equipment too, nothing fancy. Getting near barBq weather too and I've a big balcony,hmmm. Given me an idea.
    So anyone for this week or weekend?

humberklog wrote: »
    Bit of a schlep alright.

Nice....think schlep is my new favourite word!!!

I have to collect my car in Kilkenny this weekend sometime so I wont be around....after all my huffing and puffing....But definitely next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

so how did this idea pan out

when and where does it happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JBuffet

No prob, sure just keep an eye on thread for one that's at a time that suits you. I've no problem having it in mine. It's my own apartment in islandbridge so there's zero hassle. Have a bit of recording equipment too, nothing fancy. Getting near barBq weather too and I've a big balcony,hmmm. Given me an idea.
    So anyone for this week or weekend?

this weekend aint good for me. any evening after this coming tuesday i can make. so if your looking for numbers humberklog count me in!!

henessjon wrote: »
    so how did this idea pan out

when and where does it happen?
    Well lets say this Thursday? My place ok? Islandbridge, few minutes outta city. Anyone interested then show yourselves on thread and I'll pm details on.

• Advertisement

With such a fab weather I'm gonna be out on balcony playing away this evening all night. If anyone wants to kick back and knock a few tunes around with a glass of wine in a relaxed atmosphere then your more than welcome. Some of you already have my phone number and you can give me a text to let me know. I feel inspired after watching jack dev and frobisher do their thing in Whelans last night. Excellent work all round chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I feel inspired after watching jack dev and frobisher do their thing in Whelans last night. Excellent work all round chaps.

Thanks Humber! We'll get you up there one day maybe?

frobisher wrote: »
    Thanks Humber! We'll get you up there one day maybe?
    You never know! I just can't figure out if my stuff is sh*te. Not to take anything away from the enjoyment i get from it but that doesn't mean to say it wouldn't make other peoples ears burn.
    But well done again Frobisher. Great sound in that venue last night. The Babecounter was through the roof too! But so was the skinny jeans on men (gotta watch that).

Cracking evening Oink, excellent. I'm out tracking down my nylon string at moment as you've inspired me to go more funky. Loosen up a bit. Was rfefreshing to hear a bit of Gil Scott Heron style. Drop by again anytime. I'm sure I'll see you around Temple Bar. I'm usually throwing stones at that twat Dave Macsavage around there (really!).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Cracking evening Oink, excellent. I'm out tracking down my nylon string at moment as you've inspired me to go more funky. Loosen up a bit. Was rfefreshing to hear a bit of Gil Scott Heron style. Drop by again anytime. I'm sure I'll see you around Temple Bar. I'm usually throwing stones at that twat Dave Macsavage around there (really!).

Quite enjoyed that myself I have to say, it was quite fun. I'll drop by again soon! Will give you a buzz. Let me know if anything is happening.

Also, you get extra points as the first person I know in Ireland who's heard of Keziah Jones.

Regarding whatshisname... My lawyer says I don't gots nut'in to say on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Oink wrote: »
    Also, you get extra points as the first person I know in Ireland who's heard of Keziah Jones.

You can add me to that list :-) In fact, I reviwed his first album for amagazine about 10 years ago. Some great stuff.

Oink: Are you a funk guitarist?

Pff... I wish. But I love Funk/Soul/Afro-beat, so I do try to sound kinda funky.

In my head it I play like Keziah Jones, I sing like Sly, and the JB's are my backup band. But you know...:rolleyes:

EDIT: I feel less alone now that I've found more KJ fans. It was cold out there !

Anyone up for popping over this week? Tonight,tomorrow and thursday suits here. Won't be around weekend. So if you fancy popping over and have my number then give me a call or if not then stick your name up and I'll pm ph.no.

Sounds like a plan. tomorrow or Thursday sounds more like it. Let's talk tomorrow, depending on what the weather looks like.

• Advertisement

Tomorrow would be best with me too Oink. I'll give you a call at some point in afternoon. Anyone else?
    Any cellists out there? I got a tune going that needs a cello...and a theremin...and a xylaphone.

Advertisement