Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriate messages.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Well she's a student at one of those English schools.

Tutor seems too personal, like one to one. So teacher seemed appropriate.

Fx came about after some googling. Not my conclusion. I figured effects, but that makes less sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Darpa

I got a weird PM on this forum today, something about Father Ted and Temple Bar ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Darpa wrote: »
    I got a weird PM on this forum today, something about Father Ted and Temple Bar ?

Thats not really inappropriate though - is it?

Menas wrote: »
    Thats not really inappropriate though - is it?

I can't repeat the rest of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

DareGod wrote: »
    Like the rest of us, I've been texting for 16 years, now, and Fx has never once been used to mean French kiss. Ever. Never ever. Not in my text conversations and not in other people's text conversations...

Doesn't all this just mean you're just old and past it and not down with the youth culture? :confused:

• Advertisement

I can't repeat the rest of it

Assuming you are not attention seeking, then why bother posting if you can not tell us why it is inappropriate?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

I was woken by a call one night about 3 years ago but ignored it and tried to get back to sleep. Curiosity got the better of me and I looked at the phone to see a missed call from a girl I worked with. I thought this to be very odd as I barely spoke to the girl at work.

So I listened to the voicemail as she breathlessly informed me "Brego I've just had the baby! Call me back". Again this was weird. I scratched my head for a bit, thinking well, it's certainly not my fecking baby. Decided against calling her back but was woken up by a text from her later in the night apologising for the call.
    Turns out I had the same first name as her brother and I was the 2nd person after her mother to be told about the birth!

Assuming you are not attention seeking, then why bother posting if you can not tell us why it is inappropriate?!

I don't know what your seeking but whatever floats your boat.

catallus wrote: »
    Doesn't all this just mean you're just old and past it and not down with the youth culture? :confused:

Down with that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Send him a picture of you pissing on your OH to assert your dominance.

• Advertisement

I don't know what your seeking but whatever floats your boat.

I was just wondering why you would tell us that you had received an inapproprioate pm but not tell us the details. Its strange. Thats all! :)

I was just wondering why you would tell us that you had received an inapproprioate pm but not tell us the details. Its strange. Thats all! :)

The charter says you can't post the actual contents of pm's on the forum. I asked a mod.
    Father Ted and Temple bar, I'm sure you can use your imagination. But it was quite bizarre and inappropriate. The madness that goes on in others heads, tis why I found it interesting. The topic is inappropriate messages, what's yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Maybe his phone auto corrected "X" into "Fx"?

Possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Got this text a few years ago in my clubbing days. I wasn't sure if someone wanted me dead or what. ;_; Maybe they wanted me to do some gardening or yard work.

And when you're dead and long forgotten, I'll dig you up and ride you rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

F isn't too far from x on the keyboard, could easily have been a slip of the finger!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Ruu wrote: »
    And when you're dead and long forgotten, I'll dig you up and ride you rotten.

Well, la-di-da, look who's getting the rides even after kicking the bucket!

(also gives a new meaning to "jump your bones" I reckon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

DareGod wrote: »
    Like the rest of us, I've been texting for 16 years, now, and Fx has never once been used to mean French kiss. Ever. Never ever. Not in my text conversations and not in other people's text conversations. In light of that fact, it's a bizarre conclusion you've reached there. So, that's not what it was. It was either a typo or his name is Francis.

And if he's a teacher and your girlfriend is not in school and he's not a lecturer or a professor then wtf is he?

This is good sense and reasoning. Im not sure thats allowed anymore. Its certainly not encouraged on boards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fx? He's probably inviting the class to a function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

F isn't too far from x on the keyboard, could easily have been a slip of the finger!

As apposed to a slip of the tongue!

Which is what the OP fears.

Fx? He's probably inviting the class to a function.

That went over a lot of heads, but got a chuckle from me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

My great great great great Grandfather had the same thing happen to him.

This chap kept sending my Grandmother hand delivered scrolls and would always put FX at the bottom.

He was a dirty bugger and yet unbelievably the Pope made him a saint after he died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Fx fx?

The deadly art of illusion.

Advertisement