Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people have children that they can't afford?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Mightn’t get rich off the dole but you have a good base income for doing nothing especially when you have 5 or 6 kids and a practically free house.
    Small bit of drug dealing and shop lifting and your way better off financially than the couple next door going to work every day .

That sounds grand for as long as they are staying in their tiny little environment. The people working have options, they have a world full of opportunities and have options of relocating, living abroad for a while and stay flexible. With that you can broaden your horizon.
    If full-time dolers relocate or try to go abroad they are nothing and have nothing. Criminal convictions prevent them from getting visas and moving to another EU country local criminals and welfare offices will quickly show them where to go.

Grand if they're comfortable with that but sounds pretty sh*t to me honestly.

As long as they're getting away with it it'll stay like that, there are no consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kk333

Yes agree , would u really do it 6/7 kids all different fathers there even different colours nowadays !
    The thought of it alone ,some of these are on first name basis with maternity staff in the hospitals !
    Travellers are the worst, trailer full of kids and they still manage to have there adult play !

Ok for one thing your reply is racist on two counts. Secondly it doesn't make a difference to my life. My taxes would be the same regardless. We are paying high taxes because of the top 1% not the bottom.

LirW wrote: »
    That sounds grand for as long as they are staying in their tiny little environment. The people working have options, they have a world full of opportunities and have options of relocating, living abroad for a while and stay flexible. With that you can broaden your horizon.

For four months, before I left Ireland, I was on jobseekers. Know what I did? I saved as much as I could beyond the essentials. I didn't go out for a beer, or get a coffee. Hell, I pretty much gave up shopping for any kind of luxury. And I saved enough money for my flights and the cost of a Visa to Australia. Landed there with sweet fcuk all beyond a few nights in a hostel and food. Took the first job I could find which would pay cash up front. Cleaning toilets in a dingy nightclub. Then I found a slightly better job, and then another better job, eventually being able afford waiting a month for a salary payment so I could get a professional jobs.

Everyone has bloody options if they're already on welfare. I could understand if they were somehow incapable of gaining any benefits but I was on the flat basic of jobseekers and I managed to get out. People provide too many excuses for those who are on the "bottom".
    If full-time dolers relocate or try to go abroad they are nothing and have nothing. Criminal convictions prevent them from getting visas and moving to another EU country local criminals and welfare offices will quickly show them where to go.

True enough, a criminal record will stop them... but how many of the people around don't have one? At least start with them.

Then we can figure out someway to provide options with those with a record... and frankly, I'm a bit vague of the legalities of getting a visa with a criminal record.. I'm guessing there must be some loopholes else how do continental criminals manage to get around? I've encountered Americans in Asia and other countries who claimed to have a criminal past, so while they might be lying, I'm guessing some of them were being truthful. There must be some loopholes somewhere.
    As long as they're getting away with it it'll stay like that, there are no consequences.

Exactly. Just as they're unwilling to even seriously consider other options because they know the State will provide for them.

Kk333 wrote: »
    Ok for one thing your reply is racist on two counts. Secondly it doesn't make a difference to my life. My taxes would be the same regardless. We are paying high taxes because of the top 1% not the bottom.

Explain that one, please. I can't quite wrap my head around it. Surely, the top 1% essentially provide for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

quote ; If full-time dolers relocate or try to go abroad they are nothing and have nothing. Criminal convictions prevent them from getting visas and moving to another EU country local criminals and welfare offices will quickly show them where to go.

You are very cynical, if you assume that everyone on the dole is some type of minor criminal .
    There,s probably alot of people on the dole in rural area,s where jobs are
    not easy to find.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

How is it racist?
    Read it again it’s an observation not a statement on race religion or creed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

I don’t see anything “wacist” in that post at all.

Advertisement