Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Begrudgery

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

The classic example of Irish begrudgery is two GAA fans where the county makes it to the All Ireland final.
    Tickets are scarce but one of the two manages to wrangle themselves a ticket.
    After learning this the other fan exclaims "Bastard, hope they feckin' lose (the match) now!"

That's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

We definitly a begrudging country.I actually seen a fella driving a open top car in the sun a few weeks back blaring music and I literally thought t o 's 's e r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Bluefoam wrote: »
    there's an awful lot of begrudgery in Ireland and the place is very tribal. I don't really want to have to come home to that, it kind of upsets me that we're still so small minded...

This is not new, and won't change.
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    all hipsters were dickheads....

He had a point in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

A man pushing 60 who calls himself the Edge. Nothing needs to be said really.

Given how he can play the guitar, he can call himself whatever he wants at any age.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,826 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ipso wrote: »
    Given how he can play the guitar, he can call himself whatever he wants at any age.

hes not that great really, i know plenty of far better guitarists than him that will probably never make it at all, sadly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Ann_Landers

This post had been deleted.

+1

And people mentioning begrudgery in general often gets the side-eye from me. I find the people that utter it the most tend to have a bit of an attitude problem.
    Permabear wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

What does acting like you are somebody entail?

And there are good reasons why Bono, M O'L and Denis O'Brien have attracted criticism. To put any criticism of them down to begrudgery is to not really think things out too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'm not. I'm from the part of the midlands where they surgically remove the ability to say the letter 'T' when you're born.

Gotya, that's as good as giving me your post code. You are from that 15mile triangle that covers 3 counties and 3 provinces. Birr, Borrisokane & Portumna right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

OP..... Small minds talk about people, good minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas.

Keep that in mind when you hear people giving out about each other.

Advertisement