Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-03-2016, 10:40   #61
eamonnq
Registered User
 
eamonnq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,628
A guy is selling an 'old school' 44 in TV for and is looking for 380! You could buy a new 42" for around that price.
eamonnq is offline  
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-03-2016, 10:47   #62
Custardpi
 
Custardpi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,759
In fairness he probably has it at that price because he knows people will offer him a fraction of whatever price he puts on it, regardless of how reasonable it is. If it's worth say €100 they'll offer €20 so by putting it at €380 he might actually end up getting a decent offer.
Custardpi is offline  
(2) thanks from:
30-03-2016, 10:48   #63
FobleAsNuck
Registered User
 
FobleAsNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyc5674 View Post
But the amount of people,sellers included who wont take paypal is ridiculous...they expect you to go to the inconvenience of a bank transfer for something worth a fiver"so they dont have to pay 20cent to paypal.
"check my feedback bud"
Its typical irish, being short sighted...I wont give paypal anything!!...but theyll be stuck with there mills and boons novels trying to sell them for 20 years clogging up adverts.ie
I don't allow to pay for my stuff using paypal, ever. This is after I was screwed by a buyer when after number of weeks he filed a chargeback with paypal saying the item "wasn't as described" despite having no issues with it. Obviously paypal ruled in his favor as they always do. Rule of thumb - use PP for buying, don't use for selling, especially when bank transfer is just as easy with online banking these days.
FobleAsNuck is offline  
30-03-2016, 11:01   #64
Aongus Von Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Aongus Von Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 61
Incomprehensibly poorly written hard-luck stories after a sale is agreed is another thing to endure.

I got this months ago a week after a sale, price, place and time were all agreed and still haven't deciphered on earth what your man was on about:

"Hi,I am interested in buying tires but my car is broken and the services it will pick up on Monday. Please have the opportunity I bring their tires. If so much advice I have paid transportation to Cavan. I'll pay for tires and transport € 100."
Aongus Von Heisenberg is offline  
(5) thanks from:
30-03-2016, 11:05   #65
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy880 View Post
I sold off my retro games console collection on adverts last year...... The aggressiveness of the responses was ridiculous. And people take it as a personal insult if you don't accept their "€50 can collect today, accept now" for items that were worth triple that.
"Sure it's only a 8 bit console!!.........FFS......."
5rtytry56 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-03-2016, 11:41   #66
Xcellor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,288
Put washer/dryer online. Brand new, retails for 500. Get an offer for 350. Ask can she go closer to 400, she says no so I agree to meet her at 350 and accept offer... Says she will get back to me to arrange someone to pick it up. Hear nothing. Follow up today and get a reply

"Hi apoligies i cant get someone to pick it up unfortunatley. Thanks anyway."

Do people not realize that if they offer to buy something they really should have how they are going to collect it sorted out BEFOREHAND.

It's really putting me off using adverts.ie
Xcellor is offline  
(3) thanks from:
30-03-2016, 11:44   #67
everlast75
Registered User
 
everlast75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellor View Post
Put washer/dryer online. Brand new, retails for 500. Get an offer for 350. Ask can she go closer to 400, she says no so I agree to meet her at 350 and accept offer... Says she will get back to me to arrange someone to pick it up. Hear nothing. Follow up today and get a reply

"Hi apoligies i cant get someone to pick it up unfortunatley. Thanks anyway."

Do people not realize that if they offer to buy something they really should have how they are going to collect it sorted out BEFOREHAND.

It's really putting me off using adverts.ie
with the added effect that you've now knocked 150e off your asking price for nothing. Pain in the ass. I always check for the bidders' other posts/feedback rating to see if they are a timewaster
everlast75 is online now  
30-03-2016, 11:48   #68
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by FobleAsNuck View Post
I don't allow to pay for my stuff using paypal, ever. This is after I was screwed by a buyer when after number of weeks he filed a chargeback with paypal saying the item "wasn't as described" despite having no issues with it. Obviously paypal ruled in his favor as they always do. Rule of thumb - use PP for buying, don't use for selling, especially when bank transfer is just as easy with online banking these days.
I like to get paid with Amazon vouchers.

No extra charges, no fees, no refunds and I buy on Amazon all the time.

I might switch to Ryanair vouchers and put them towards a holiday.

Anyways, my issue, people who love to haggle.

€5 asking price.
"I'll offer you €4.50"
"Offer €4.75"

Seriously, you're gonna draw out a transaction for the sake of a few cent? Some people think they're doing you a favour by bidding.

Last edited by eeguy; 30-03-2016 at 11:54.
eeguy is offline  
(2) thanks from:
30-03-2016, 11:51   #69
Xcellor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast75 View Post
with the added effect that you've now knocked 150e off your asking price for nothing. Pain in the ass. I always check for the bidders' other posts/feedback rating to see if they are a timewaster
Yeah and now I cannot expect anyone to offer more than 350! It should be a sanctionable offense. If you make an offer and don't follow through your account is locked for xxx amount of time, then it would make people think before just low balling and then going "sorry".
Xcellor is offline  
Advertisement
30-03-2016, 12:00   #70
KKkitty
Registered User
 
KKkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,184
Are you ever in XXXX when you've specified that it's collection only in your ad.
KKkitty is offline  
Thanks from:
30-03-2016, 12:01   #71
biko
Arbiter
 
biko's Avatar
I've no particular issues with Adverts, but then I always meet in person, deal in cash and just ignore the idiot comments on my stuff for sale.
Tbh donedeal eejits does my head in more.
biko is offline  
(4) thanks from:
30-03-2016, 12:15   #72
screamer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellor View Post
Yeah and now I cannot expect anyone to offer more than 350! It should be a sanctionable offense. If you make an offer and don't follow through your account is locked for xxx amount of time, then it would make people think before just low balling and then going "sorry".
Yes you can and you should. Take it down and relist at your original selling price.
screamer is offline  
30-03-2016, 12:17   #73
screamer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,085
I use it for buying and I generally pay what the seller asks. No faffing about. But I do find sellers could help themselves by putting more info into the adverts.
I do think there are lots of timewasters on there too and donedeal it's like they expect things for nothing.
screamer is offline  
30-03-2016, 12:33   #74
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,377
vultures taking the free stuff and when you check their ads they have the same stuff for sale!

"OH me, i really need this TV for my children"

-32" TV in their ads for 50 euro!!!

or ads that have obviously been sold and are now being ignored but still live
esforum is offline  
30-03-2016, 12:54   #75
Lone Stone
Registered User
 
Lone Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,246
i sold my ps4 on there to a lovely lass i forgot to give her eh a good endorsement thingy on it now when i think about it ehh... feck
Lone Stone is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet