Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a 32GB Epic Mickey: Power of Two bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a 32GB Epic Mickey: Power of Two bundle?

http://www.zavvi.com/wii-u-hardware/wii-u-console-32gb-nintendo-land-premium-bundle-black-includes-disney-s-epic-mickey-the-power-of-2/10660632.html

epic mickey is meant to be terrible though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's for an eight year old boy. Game quality is not that important to him yet as proven by Skylanders and numerous awful Ben 10 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

It's for an eight year old boy. Game quality is not that important to him yet as proven by Skylanders and numerous awful Ben 10 games.

lego city undercover or lego batman could be a better option. and super mario is always a good choice. also sonic & all stars racing is quite good too and great fun for both of ye to play. nintendo land is great fun for all ages. had great fun with my brother with that and we are both old enough to have great memories of playing the nes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition is currently £15.32 on Amazon.co.uk : Clicky

• Advertisement

Marvel's Avengers: Battle For Earth is £14.77 here on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rayman Rabbids game is €20.99 in Argos. In stock everywhere.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9128529

Zombi U now £18.36 on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think a game like that deserves to be bought on Zavvi - start ratcheting up the tension before it's even delivered! Costs you an extra quid (it's 19.99 at the mo, I think) but that's the price of real-life metagaming!

Incidentally, either they or the Hut (and really, what's the difference?) have Injustice (ie Mortal KomBatman) for £24 I think at the moment.

ZombiU now down to £15.26 on Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

deadl0ck wrote: »
    ZombiU now down to £15.26 on Amazon

At that price, I'd be interested but in reality, I didn't really get the demo. That bit where you had to quite literally fumble in the dark while zombies just picked you off was actually annoying. For anyone who has the game, was there much of that later on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Felt bad for my Wii U there (as it hasnt been used since I finished Sonic Racer a few months back) and ordered Batman AC on Amazon for £15.

Anyone played this and what did you make of it on the Wii U?

Felt bad for my Wii U there (as it hasnt been used since I finished Sonic Racer a few months back) and ordered Batman AC on Amazon for £15.

Anyone played this and what did you make of it on the Wii U?

Have it ages and still haven't finished all of it. Loads of content, brilliant fights and just plain fun to stalk bad guys. Highly recommended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I found this earlier and it may be of interest! :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056991475

^Wii U 8gb Console @ Asda for £149! White..
    ^ You can get the premium pack in Black 32gb for £199!

Assassin's Creed 3 is £17.49 on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-Assassins-Creed-Nintendo/dp/B00844QLI4/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1_3HWR

Can anyone recommend AC3? Never played any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Assassin's Creed 3 is £17.49 on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-Assassins-Creed-Nintendo/dp/B00844QLI4/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1_3HWR

It's pretty good, you might like it more than I did having never played one as a bit of brand fatigue had set in with me. I'd probably put it above 1 and Revelations but below 2 and Brotherhood. It's enjoyable, but it takes a good while to get going (seriously, what is essentially the tutorial is about 8 hours long) and the wilderness can feel a bit empty sometimes. I didn't feel the setting was as good as previous games either. When it gets going though it can be very good and the Naval sections were a very good addition. I'd definitely recommend it at that price.

And I probably will get Black Flag at some stage, so it didn't put me off the series.

it was £13 all week, it went up this morning, kept meaning to mention it but my phone screen has gone mad so I gave up after 3 attempts

Not saying don't buy it, just sayin'.....

Oh BTW, Injustice is out of stock but only £19.99, which seems like a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I found this earlier and it may be of interest! :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056991475

^Wii U 8gb Console @ Asda for £149! White..
    ^ You can get the premium pack in Black 32gb for £199!

Ah balls, why did I have to see this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody know cheapest place to get Fifa 13? Game.co.cuk have it for £12 but they're out of stock, Amazon have it for £18.

Anywhere else around that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Basic pack now more expensive on amazonuk than premium! Would have gone for basic at the low price but missed it. Got a premium pack.

• Advertisement

Ah! Injustice is back up to £27.42!

Ah! Injustice is back up to £27.42!
    No - over on the right under "more buying choices" Amazon have it for £19, but it says "Usually dispatched within 12 to 13 days."

If you've been holding off on Batman because £13 is just too damned much, there's a "fulfilled by Amazon" (ie SuperSaver-eligible) option for £12.50.

Need something to tip you into Super Saver territory? Tekken 2 Tag Tournament can be had for £15. Job done!

(Tekken is a slow shipper though - 10-14 days I think)

deadl0ck wrote: »
    No - over on the right under "more buying choices" Amazon have it for £19, but it says "Usually dispatched within 12 to 13 days."
    It's actually back in stock now and still at £19

Assassin's Creed back down to £13.90, Tekken holding at £15, fifa down to £12 on Amazon.

Also Deus ex preorder £23.99 which seems like a good deal, assuming they aren't making a hash of the port

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone seen watch dogs anything under £39 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Anyone seen watch dogs anything under £39 ?

You Maybe able to get this in Gamestop in the €9.99 deal, you trade two games from a list in store,they don't have to be two Wii U games and pay €9.99 to get it,I know it is available on PS3 and Xbox this way,so ask if you are near a gamestop store any time soon, I will check myself if I get a chance.

You Maybe able to get this in Gamestop in the €9.99 deal, you trade two games from a list in store,they don't have to be two Wii U games and pay €9.99 to get it,I know it is available on PS3 and Xbox this way,so ask if you are near a gamestop store any time soon, I will check myself if I get a chance.

It's 9.99 now? Didn't it used to be €3 ?

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/pikmin-3-nintendo-wii-u/dp/33162465/61171959
    Pikmin 3 €34.39

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/new-super-luigi-u-nintendo-wii-u/dp/33162463/58335391
    New Super Luigi U €28.79

Be advised of two things when ordering from wowhd (used to be cdwow):
    1. They ship from asia, and you have a medium-to-high risk of being caught for excise duty. (would add about a fiver)
    2. They are incredibly slow to ship, expect at least 1 or 2 weeks of waiting.

Oh, also just noticed my order from last night for pikmin is showing it's on back-order, so might be an extended wait.

• Advertisement

That 20% off on WowHD is until the end of the month I think. And "Irish Opinions" give out WowHD vouchers in denominations of €10, so if you fancy doing a whole bunch of surveys in the next week or so you could shave a few quid off that Pikmin price :)

In a similar vein for people who want games cheap, not fast, Resident Evil Revelations for WiiU is £18.99 on Amazon but out of stock (you may need to click on the "X new and used" offers thing and select Amazon Prime as your supplier, otherwise I think it defaults to £23.99 from a fulfilled by... partner. Give 'em your money now, get delivery whenever they can be arsed to stock it, and in the mean time keep playing Batman which is worth far more than the £12.50 it cost me. Result!
    (lowest price is 17.99 and Camel^3 suggests it might be on it's way back up to the mid-late £20s)

Smyths have Need For Speed for €34.99 or did at the weekend in Liffey Valley. Amazon have it at £37.99 so seems like a pretty good deal. It said "Weekly Deal" so may not be on any more or for much longer if it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,300 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else so ordered Lego City Undercover off shopto.net for £32.86 including delivery.

yeah, they're apparently the cheapest at the moment, but there's not a lot in it really. How are shop-to for delivery to Ireland? (assuming you're here!). Also, are you getting a Chase McCain mini-fig? :)

Banjo wrote: »
    yeah, they're apparently the cheapest at the moment, but there's not a lot in it really. How are shop-to for delivery to Ireland? (assuming you're here!). Also, are you getting a Chase McCain mini-fig? :)

First time ordering from them. Got a mail saying it was dispatched so should get it Monday or Tuesday.
    And yeah it said it's the Limited Edition, though i think that's the only version available. Guessing that's probably due to there being more copies published than there are Wii U owners. :)

Xtravision closing down sale has 40% off marked price on WiiU titles. The marked prices are mostly off the scale but lego city under cover is €60, so should scan at €36 which is as good as any online price if you don't have a credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Which xtra vision is that? Must be some good 360 or even wii stuff too?

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Which xtra vision is that? Must be some good 360 or even wii stuff too?
    Celbridge. Slim pickings for other platforms (and being Ninty through and through I didn't really look), only half way decent wii title was DKC but at €45 (€27) its still a bit pricey. Other wiiu titles (zombiu, fifa, assassins creed) are already dirt cheap online). So basically it's lego or nothin' ;)

Injustice for £19.85 on Shopto as part of their Cyber Sunday thang

Got it this morning. So pretty fast.

Did you buy a regular white WiiU and all your friends got the Premium black one?
    Is jealousy eating your soul?

Good news!

Nintendoland is now £14.99 on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00844QZCQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_7?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

And you can get a tin of black paint for £4
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002WB724C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1377152492&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Sorted!

Also, Assassins creed has been back down to £ 13.99 for a few days and there's a non-super-saver seller doing injustice for about £24 delivered

oooh Base.com have Injustice for £19.99+Delivery of £1.29 making it a couple of quid cheaper.

Edit 23/8
    Tank Tank Tank just dropped to £15 (and don't give me that "it's free on eShop!" nonsense :)) on Amazon. And the pre-order for Lego Marvel Superheroes - which looks fantastic, if you can judge gameplay by a carefully choreographed button-pushing trailer and I say you CAN! - dipped to £29.19 - Huzzah!

Got Assassins Creed 3 in smyths for 30 quid. I know it's cheaper online but it was more of an 'impulse-want-something-new-allofasudden' kinda buy. Glad I did though, this game is amazing!

I was checking watch dogs on amazon earlier (35 pounds is the cheapest I've seen) and noticed they have NSLU and Pikmin 3 at the prices (converted to euro by google) that wowhd did earlier.
    Someone must have made them price-match.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEUQA08
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00844Q5LW
    /\/ollog wrote: »

Pikmin 3 €34.39

New Super Luigi U €28.79
    I got both mine luigi last week sometime and pikmin this morning, by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Seems to be official the Wii U is now £50 cheaper in the UK. Nice little price drop.,

http://m.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=7721&q=1643615

Zavvi Zelda bundle £239.99
    Assuming you can wangle a delivery

Parcel Motel delivery can be done as can direct Irish delivery but neither are technically permitted by zavvi's policy

Shamelessly stolen from hukd.com

base.com have ZombiU for €15.90 delivered if you use code DVD-BASE
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/zombiu-wii-u/dgc-zombiu.htm
    Beats the Zavvi and Amazon prices at the moment and is, I think, as low as I've seen it go online. (that's a euro price, not sterling, though your credit cards exchange rate may vary).

They also have the forthcoming LegoCity Undercover premium pack for £249.99. Will they deliver it to Ireland? Find out in October... Don't know if the DVD-BASE code will knock 10% off that. You can only use it the once though...
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/black-wii-u-premium-with-lego-city-undercover/dgc-wiiulegob.htm
    Seems like a decent deal for someone who wants the 32GB pack, a decent game to go with it rather than NintendoLand, and is dead set about buying the Game WindWaker collectors pack :)

EDIT : HUKD.Com say Zavvi have that bundle for £239. Zavvi do free delivery but if you're ordering it to an irish address or Parcel Motel then don't use an account that you're emotionally attached to - a few of us had accounts deleted during the spam-order-fest of the first big price drop earlier this year.

They also mention TopCashBack giving money back on Base.Com purchases if you're that way inclined.

Edit 2: Shopto have NFS most wanted for £14. Why do I spend so much time browsing online shops when I haven't got any money?

BASE.Com still have NFS most wanted for £ 14.99 and I heartily recommend it if you enjoy cruising around a beautifully lit city in impossibly expensive cars being constantly reminded that Smokingman can drive much faster than you. There's apparently a bunch of races in the game, I'm sure I'll get to them one day...

http://www.base.com/buy/product/need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u/dgc-nfsmwwiiu.htm

BASE.Com still have NFS most wanted for £ 14.99 and I heartily recommend it if you enjoy cruising around a beautifully lit city in impossibly expensive cars being constantly reminded that Smokingman can drive much faster than you. There's apparently a bunch of races in the game, I'm sure I'll get to them one day...

http://www.base.com/buy/product/need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u/dgc-nfsmwwiiu.htm

I've never bought from BASE.com - what's the story with shipping ? i.e. cost and are they quick ?

I've ordered a couple of games off them, ordered at weekend, they arrived by the following friday. Shipping is a couple of euro but if the code I mentioned on the previous page (DVD-Somethingorother) is still live, it should knock enough off to cover shipping.

I had a minor issue with an order, called their customer care - they pick up the phone, speak english and are quite informative : the holy trinity :)
    Never dealt with them for returns, lost shipments or refund though, which are the real tests.

Just to make you feel worse, I haven't played it in ages but might go update a few of my times tonight though; I'm sure some of my record breaking jump distances have probably been beaten since... :)

Too late! I have found the Bugatti Veyron and that Lambo that looks like the (adam west) Batmobile. Your times are toast - one speed camera has already fallen, the rest are just a matter of time!

Shopto.net have a preorder on Adventure Time : Explore The Dungeon Because...I Don't Know for a smidge under £27 which looks like a reasonable deal. Although the game, lamentably, looks awful.
    http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/wiiu/WIIUAD01-adventure-time-explore-the-dungeon-because-i-dont-know

Edit : in response to Damo below - It's not that it looks bad, it's that it looks like a great arcade game from the 1980s with updated graphics. I'm sure it's great fun to play Adventure Gauntlet, but should it cost more than €8 and be a full disc-based commercial release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Shopto.net have a preorder on Adventure Time : Explore The Dungeon Because...I Don't Know for a smidge under £27 which looks like a reasonable deal. Although the game, lamentably, looks awful.
    http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/wiiu/WIIUAD01-adventure-time-explore-the-dungeon-because-i-dont-know

I actually kinda like the look of the game... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I actually kinda like the look of the game... :o

I read on Wikipedia(I know, I know) that Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! is coming out in Europe in a fortnight, is this true?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement