Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

askU wrote: »
    Use the free airline app so! No need to print.

Just an example (and I like paper confirmations for flights hotels etc) don't want getting on my flight to be dependent on having remembered to charge my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just an example (and I like paper confirmations for flights hotels etc) don't want getting on my flight to be dependent on having remembered to charge my phone.

Or a simple drop to the ground and your phone is no use at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

One of the Black Friday leaflet from Argos have a hp deskjet printer for 29.99, not sure how good it is but I’m sure it would be grand for light printing

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭duefrine

zell12 wrote: »
    Nd3Ywtv.jpg?1
    AOpROBI.jpg?1

Everything on that leaflet was on sale today in Charlestown, just as you walked into Dunnes ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

duefrine wrote: »
    Everything on that leaflet was on sale today in Charlestown, just as you walked into Dunnes ...

Well today is the 17th and that’s when the sale starts

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

Printer looks like a decent deal especially if it gets the 10 off. Getting sick of trying to find somewhere to print occasional stuff like boarding cards or confirmations.

Any qualified opinions ?or other recommendations

Use your local library for occasional printing, it’s much cheaper in the long run I think. 15 cent a sheet and no worries about ink drying out in the printer.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Use your local library for occasional printing, it’s much cheaper in the long run I think. 15 cent a sheet and no worries about ink drying out in the printer.

Or pick up a cheap monochrome laser printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭duefrine

Well today is the 17th and that’s when the sale starts

ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Printer looks like a decent deal especially if it gets the 10 off. Getting sick of trying to find somewhere to print occasional stuff like boarding cards or confirmations.

Any qualified opinions ?or other recommendations

Can't go wrong here.

I picked this up earlier together with Tassimo coffee pods which were marked down to €3.
    €43.19 for printer & pods after €10 off voucher was applied. So the printer effectively cost me €39.90!

But wait ... There's more ... They gave me another €10 off voucher valid from tomorrow :)

This printer does double sided printing as well, thus reducing paper usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Get a €10 off €50 voucher at Dunnes Stores nationwide – there’s a one for every reader, inside your LIFE Magazine in this week’s Sunday Independent, November 18th #sindo

https://www.facebook.com/thesundayindo/photos/a.247066382471103/497047774139628/?type=3&theater

EDIT: sorry see thats a repost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

There’s €10 back on €80 spend in Dunnes with the bank of Ireland debit card rewards, handy to combine with a receipt voucher and voucher from the magazine to get €30 off €100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Can you use the €10 off €50 to buy the Electricals in the advert?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Can you use the €10 off €50 to buy the Electricals in the advert?

From past experience, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Got a free flyer in the door this morning "Rediscover Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt".
    Inside were 6 money off vouchers "to thank you for being a customer" which is strange as I never shop there!
    5 x €10 off a €40 spend and one €25 off a €100 spend, different dates.
    Useable in any Dunnes.

Also got from Tesco 4 x €12 off a €60 spend again with different dates. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Useable in any Dunnes.
    Wows, that's great, not even tied to local branch.

th283 wrote: »
    There’s €10 back on €80 spend in Dunnes with the bank of Ireland debit card rewards, handy to combine with a receipt voucher and voucher from the magazine to get €30 off €100

Don't think you can, would def be worth it otherwise

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of €80 at Dunnes Stores. Offer valid in-store for one purchase. Applies to Grocery spend only. Valid in Republic of Ireland Stores only. Not to be used in combination with other money vouchers/coupons. Tobacco products, medicines, lottery products, infant milk formula, checkout bags, saving stamps or mobile top-up are not included in the qualifying amount. Cashback will be deposited directly into the account of the Registered Card you used to make the qualifying purchase. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Not all locations may be monitored by Visa. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of €80 at Dunnes Stores. Offer valid in-store for one purchase. Applies to Grocery spend only. Valid in Republic of Ireland Stores only. Not to be used in combination with other money vouchers/coupons. Tobacco products, medicines, lottery products, infant milk formula, checkout bags, saving stamps or mobile top-up are not included in the qualifying amount. Cashback will be deposited directly into the account of the Registered Card you used to make the qualifying purchase. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Not all locations may be monitored by Visa. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards.

Last time, same red-coloured statement was there for a PTSB card offer that was €10 off on €50 purchase. I used Dunnes 'shop and save' voucher and purchased €60+ and got €10 euro off when the total came to €50+. I got €10 off from PTSB too for that purchase, so effectively I paid only €40+.

Terms and Conditions

You can use it once your total spend is over the €80 after discount

You can use it once your total spend is over the €80 after discount

Cheers, think i will chance it so, was a bit skeptical when i seen it. Have a €25 off a €100 spend so can get a few tins of biscuits etc.

Cheers, think i will chance it so, was a bit skeptical when i seen it. Have a €25 off a €100 spend so can get a few tins of biscuits etc.

I used it last time when it was spend €50
    Bring a calculator so you don’t get caught out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

Dunnes discount from AIB card is not as good as before, now need to spend 80 euros to get 10 euros off, before I am sure it was only a 50 euro spend to get 10 euros off? Seems like Dunnes are following Tesco, and cutting back on voucher/coupon give aways. Supervalu are the same, I think I got no free money coupons last time either when they sent in the post.

Phil1969 wrote: »
    Dunnes discount from AIB card is not as good as before, now need to spend 80 euros to get 10 euros off, before I am sure it was only a 50 euro spend to get 10 euros off? Seems like Dunnes are following Tesco, and cutting back on voucher/coupon give aways. Supervalu are the same, I think I got no free money coupons last time either when they sent in the post.

Spend over €100 using 2 vouchers and you save €30
    Not to be sniffed at imo

Supervalu shop and save is based on previous spendsin the store so the more you spend the more they will want you to spend, for example when I was shopping there weekly the offer would be save x amount of you spend €120 and now I don’t go there hardly at all I’m getting spend €25 save €5 from all the SuperValu stores I’m signed up for

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

Spend over €100 using 2 vouchers and you save €30
    Not to be sniffed at imo

Supervalu shop and save is based on previous spendsin the store so the more you spend the more they will want you to spend, for example when I was shopping there weekly the offer would be save x amount of you spend €120 and now I don’t go there hardly at all I’m getting spend €25 save €5 from all the SuperValu stores I’m signed up for

I missed out on the vouchers :( so missed that deal, if I had the 2 vouchers then yeah definitely a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 OneQ

Has anyone already used first of Spend 25 get 5 off vouchers to be used before DEc 2nd ? are Tesco already accepting these during November ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

OneQ wrote: »
    Has anyone already used first of Spend 25 get 5 off vouchers to be used before DEc 2nd ? are Tesco already accepting these during November ?

We got a mailing from Tesco at the end of October with 5/6 €10 off €50 and there was no start date just an end date.(25/11/2018).
    We got four more Yesterday and they have dates. One for each week in the lead up to Christmas.

OneQ wrote: »

The first one is valid from the day it arrives normally

Got my cash back from go rewards (ptsb visa debit) so €101 of goods and total cost was €71 using 2 shop and save vouchers and the cash back deal
    Would be good if it was every week lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭irishproduce

You know how the till spit would produce a 5€ off 25 spend etc when you scanned the clubcard?
    Has this stopped? Tried twice in the last few days scanning my clubcard and nothing produced from the till, just a basic receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

You know how the till spit would produce a 5€ off 25 spend etc when you scanned the clubcard?
    Has this stopped? Tried twice in the last few days scanning my clubcard and nothing produced from the till, just a basic receipt.

The guy ahead of me in the queue in a Basic Dunnes a few months got a €5/€25 till voucher. I bought much the same items but didnt get one. When I asked I was told that it was random.

RevBJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭sceach16

Randomly and Infrequently they do this. Recently , they were giving 2 for 5 off 25 rather than 10 off 50 (no diffference obviously if U spend 50!). This week I got a flier through the door with 25 off 100 and 5 by 10 off 40.

I presume they have a logic that they hope to keep me there for Christmas spend. I am fairly happy to pick and choose what I want and use the vouchers if it suits ME !

Advertisement