Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets to the 6N

Options
  • 25-11-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I really really want to see a 6N match, especially the upcoming home matches against France and England. As far as I'm aware I need to be a member of the Rugby Supporters Club to be able to buy a ticket, which costs €50 a year for membership.

I understand that's not a whole lot of money, but it's €50 I dont have right now. If one person is a member of the club, can they buy multiple tickets? If so I could go halves or even 3 ways with some friends. Is there any way of getting tickets without being a member?

Do help. I've never seen a live rugby match in my years of rugby fandom, and Im dying to!

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The 50 membership doesn't guarantee you a ticket.

Chances are probably low for these two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

awec wrote: »
    The 50 membership doesn't guarantee you a ticket.

Chances are probably low for these two games.

Yup, complete luck if you get tickets for the "odd" 6 nations years, even if you are in the supporters club.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Do I just give up then? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

turnikett1 wrote: »

Rugby club members, provincial supporters club members, friends and relatives and its still a nightmare to get tickets for 6N. If you have no contacts its going to be almost impossible to get tickets at cost price. I would say even a lot here on boards who go to loads of games struggle for 6N tickets.

Text all your mates and put the feelers out that if anyone has a spare or is sick you will take it.

Good luck.

"Do help. I've never seen a live rugby match in my years of rugby fandom, and Im dying to! "

BTW - Just reread your post, go to a provincial game this weekend. - Seriously, and keep going, same players, much cheaper.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also, it's much easier to get tickets the years we play Scotland and Italy at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I really really want to see a 6N match, especially the upcoming home matches against France and England. As far as I'm aware I need to be a member of the Rugby Supporters Club to be able to buy a ticket, which costs €50 a year for membership.

I understand that's not a whole lot of money, but it's €50 I dont have right now. If one person is a member of the club, can they buy multiple tickets? If so I could go halves or even 3 ways with some friends. Is there any way of getting tickets without being a member?

Do help. I've never seen a live rugby match in my years of rugby fandom, and Im dying to!

Why didn't you go to Georgia game in Autumn international???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

As far as I'm aware I need to be a member of the Rugby Supporters Club to be able to buy a ticket,

you can also join a rugby club

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

It's just very difficult. I am a member of the supporters club and have a season ticket for Leinster, but I am not hopeful of getting tickets for this year's six nations. Unfortunately you are trying for tickets for the most difficult matches. But good luck anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OP don't forget there will be internationals in August/September next year in the run up to the World Cup (against Wales and Scotland I think???) that you may find it significantly easier and cheaper to get tickets for, if the equivalent 2011 fixtures are anything to go by.

Supporters club ticket sales for 6 nations next Wednesday, 3 December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Not being smart here but if you can't afford €50 for the supporters club then you will be well pressed for 6N tickets, most of which are well over €50. A lot of cash and hassle for your first game if you ask me

Alternatively, as little as €15 gets you into the RDS on Saturday; that or pop down to your local club and watch a club game for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Calzer10

how much do reackon it is for U16/Student ? Never had experience getting 6nations tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Why not go to watch one of the provinces play in the Pro12 first if you want to see a live game?

nc6000 wrote: »
    Why not go to watch one of the provinces play in the Pro12 first if you want to see a live game?

Exactly. It is a whole different experience watching a game live instead of on TV. Some prefer the TV, because you don't always see the detail when you're at the game, but on TV you don't see what's happening off the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I just entered the MRSC lottery for the England tickets, closes today at 12.

I hope I don't get premium tickets: 2 for €260! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I just entered the MRSC lottery for the England tickets, closes today at 12.

I hope I don't get premium tickets: 2 for €260! :eek:

I'm in the lottery as well, it's a saucy enough price. I'd take any ticket to be fair. There's only 404 tickets in the lottery so it'll be very tough

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm in the lottery as well, it's a saucy enough price. I'd take any ticket to be fair. There's only 404 tickets in the lottery so it'll be very tough

It's pretty mad how there is a lottery for MRSC before the Irish Supporters Club!

Has there been something similar for the other provinces?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

It's pretty mad how there is a lottery for MRSC before the Irish Supporters Club!

Leinster also have a lottery

I also think it's a bit odd that you couldn't indicate a preference if tickets were allocated to you, given that only 200 people will be successful

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

These tickets may trickle down from the provincial allocations.

Leinster draw closes on 5 Dec and the draw is on 10 Dec. And the Ireland supporters club is on 3 Dec. I have no idea how many tickets Leinster have, but would imagine it is similar to Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

The tickets are bloody expensive too. If you're successful in the Leinster STH ballot then it's going to cost €100+ per ticket.

The expnese is inevitable. Tickets in hot demand, and as there are only two home matches, the IRFU will want to earn as much as they can from these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

ssaye2 wrote: »
    At that time of year just paying of christmas, its a no from me. I got 3 to AI's front row upper middle of the pitch for 125, would pay if they were 50 quid lotto tickets but never 100

€100 for a lotto ticket that could be anywhere in the ground is not really that tempting. Some bad views in Lansdowne, would be pretty irritated to have paid €200 for a pair for a lot of seats!

crisco10 wrote: »
    €100 for a lotto ticket that could be anywhere in the ground is not really that tempting. Some bad views in Lansdowne, would be pretty irritated to have paid €200 for a pair for a lot of seats!

They are all category 1 or category 2 in the Leinster lottery, so I would have thought that they should be OK. But yes, still a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Well thanks everyone. Think Ill just resign myself to the fact I wont get a 6N ticket :P I will happily settle for watching Munster play a few matches at Thomond though!

Well thanks everyone. Think Ill just resign myself to the fact I wont get a 6N ticket :P I will happily settle for watching Munster play a few matches at Thomond though!

Better value for money. Especially when you factor in the travelling to Dublin to watch the 6N.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭phog

crisco10 wrote: »

For 6Ns tickets there aren't many fans that can be too selective about where they want to sit. More a case of take what you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Yipyapstam

sorry for crashing this! was hoping to get a 6N match in this year too but looking near impossible! Anyone know how to get ticket for the Munster EC match in Saracens in Jan? Sorry if posting in the wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Yipyapstam wrote: »
    sorry for crashing this! was hoping to get a 6N match in this year too but looking near impossible! Anyone know how to get ticket for the Munster EC match in Saracens in Jan? Sorry if posting in the wrong thread!

If you are a member of the supporters club you can buy them online, don't know if they are still for sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Yipyapstam

If you are a member of the supporters club you can buy them online, don't know if they are still for sale

Cheers man. Might actually give them a ring first before joining. Usually you see the tickets on donedeal or viagogo but nothing around!

Advertisement