Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reg for Lidl chargers from 05/12/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I was very glad of the chargers in Lidl Gorey recently. Every Ecars charger was faulty, both AC and DC, and I needed some charge to get home. I used the free Easygo charger while shopping in Lidl, and got enough.

ESB Ecars should be ashamed of their maintenance record! :mad:

In the UK when a charger goes out of contact it opens up to allow free charging. Here when a charger goes out of contact it shuts down, Why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Does the Easygo app support direct carrier billing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

0lddog wrote: »
    Does the Easygo app support direct carrier billing ?
    The app is not launched yet. It seems to use PayPal to accept credit cards

Supermacs, Kinnegad new 50kw easygo fast charger being installed right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Easygo_ie/status/1133451256268238849?s=19&fbclid=IwAR0_FoSjCY1v5HWfzIsVLqVoGKiv61dWd34qFT7mHXQolptlpGCW4HJ9VZw

Easygo.ie app is on android google play store but marked as in development and not complete.

If menu is in foreign language on the app press top left, second option down is language and pick english

Looks like 4 chargers, possibly slow ones? with more coming elsewhere?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/four-electric-vehicle-rapid-chargers-to-be-opened-at-m6-m4-1.3910089?mode=amp&fbclid=IwAR1Tzd25s0spGxINI2mSYECXhhw6l3IsghIgn6NLexOZ-6kle7aMMHRnbDQ
    four new rapid chargers are to be provided in the new Kinnegad motorway plaza due to open today
    More coming to Galway Plaza on the M6 and in Fermoy off the M8. He said they would also be included at Plazas at Portlaoise, Longford and Ennis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

So I pulled into Lidl in Wilton to do a quick shop, plugged in all good got 1.2kw and the shop was quiet. Personally I find this a great service and I don't abuse it. If I'm shopping in lidl I plug in. There was a lovely black 191 Ioniq charging in the other bay, it was there when I came and there when I left I glanced at his/her consumption and it was 11kw I'm not sure what time span we were looking at but I think we might be seeing the start of people flahing it as we say in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

discostu1 wrote: »
    So I pulled into Lidl in Wilton to do a quick shop, plugged in all good got 1.2kw and the shop was quiet. Personally I find this a great service and I don't abuse it. If I'm shopping in lidl I plug in.

I presume you meant 1.2kWh?
    That saved you about 10c. Is it worth the bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah 1.2kWh sounds about right. You went in for a 20-25 minute shop (that's how long most of my Lidl shops take) and your car can charge at 3.3kW maximum?(Leaf?)

Not sure why you bother. I only ever plug in to a public charger if either the parking is very convenient and / or if I will be parked there for at least a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

KCross wrote: »
    I presume you meant 1.2kWh?
    That saved you about 10c. Is it worth the bother?
    unkel wrote: »
    Yeah 1.2kWh sounds about right. You went in for a 20-25 minute shop (that's how long most of my Lidl shops take) and your car can charge at 3.3kW maximum?(Leaf?)

Not sure why you bother. I only ever plug in to a public charger if either the parking is very convenient and / or if I will be parked there for at least a couple of hours
    While I surmise that it doesn't apply in this case, these top ups could be the difference between with having the range in getting through the daily driving or not. It isn't just amount the money saved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

axe2grind wrote: »
    While I surmise that it doesn't apply in this case, these top ups could be the difference between with having the range in getting through the daily driving or not. It isn't just amount the money saved.

I doubt it.
    1.5kWh would get you about 10km’s of range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

KCross wrote: »
    I doubt it.
    1.5kWh would get you about 10km’s of range.

It can make all the difference :)

The two times I have got stranded I was 945m and 1.1 km from my destination :D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My car no longer charges now at the douglas Easy go ones.

Hi,

The chargers at Douglas village require payment and a top-up to your PrePay account. This is generally the reason for the error.
    The cost for Douglas Village is €0.20/kWh.

20 cent a kWh. Sorry now like, that's EXTORTIONATE. I pay 0.088 at home per kWh. More than twice the cost, noppity nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

pwurple wrote: »
    My car no longer charges now at the douglas Easy go ones.

Hi,

The chargers at Douglas village require payment and a top-up to your PrePay account. This is generally the reason for the error.
    The cost for Douglas Village is €0.20/kWh.

20 cent a kWh. Sorry now like, that's EXTORTIONATE. I pay 0.088 at home per kWh. More than twice the cost, noppity nope.

Get used to it.:( There is some here who think that rate is too low to charge for charging.

axe2grind wrote: »
    these top ups could be the difference between with having the range in getting through the daily driving or not. It isn't just amount the money saved.

If you cut it that closely, that 1kWh might prevent you from being stranded, then you are already taking too much risk imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If you cut it that closely, that 1kWh might prevent you from being stranded, then you are already taking too much risk imho.

Well on the Leaf app, when commuting 166.7 km I used every watt, right down to the last 100, always keeping the kms to destination less than the GOM kms until it gave up at IIRC15 kms.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Well on the Leaf app, when commuting 166.7 km I used every watt, right down to the last 100, always keeping the kms to destination less than the GOM kms until it gave up at IIRC15 kms.

Should have bought Ioniq, you wouldn't have had any worries on your 166.7km commute :pac:

But seriously, fair play, you managed to do that commute in a Leaf 30 in winter?

Mainly the parking is very good, but also a sort of brand affinity which is why Lidl are doing this, my point though, which seems to be lost is the other car had drawn 11kwh I'll leave the experts here figure out a time span but to me I was similar to the eCar chargers where something designed for shoppers and to give a certain feel good/part of the brand was being used for a different purpose.
    The Lidl in question is right next to the University hospital which has paid parking and quite expensive paid parking so a lot of possible folk using these spaces going forward. Only my thoughts going forward if I was in Tesco/Dunnes etc I would have charges but you would pay for charging via your CLubcard points again just my thoughts

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mainly the parking is very good, but also a sort of brand affinity which is why Lidl are doing this, my point though, which seems to be lost is the other car had drawn 11kwh I'll leave the experts here figure out a time span but to me I was similar to the eCar chargers where something designed for shoppers and to give a certain feel good/part of the brand was being used for a different purpose.
    The Lidl in question is right next to the University hospital which has paid parking and quite expensive paid parking so a lot of possible folk using these spaces going forward. Only my thoughts going forward if I was in Tesco/Dunnes etc I would have charges but you would pay for charging via your CLubcard points again just my thoughts

Actually a good idea that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

unkel wrote:
    Should have bought Ioniq, you wouldn't have had any worries on your 166.7km commute

Not true unfortunately. My Ioniq didn't make 170kms in March, sticking to below 110kmph on the motorway sections ;(

The huge drop in range in all EVs when the weather is below 10 degree's is exactly why we need more EasyGo (and Ionity / ESB etc) stations!!

Charging a decent bit more than domestic day rate will keep them available too!

• Advertisement

If he can do his commute in his L30 (barely), don't you agree he would have no sweat in Ioniq?

Lidl charger still free. New lidl charger in Shankhill near bray live today.

Pricing reduction for DC Fast charging only :
    17c/min 1-20kw
    25c/min 21-35kw
    35c/min 36-50kw

Based on maximum charging power during a session, so if your car does not reach 36kw instant power during any part of a session then the 35 cent fee will not apply.
    I believe this has been done to reduce fees for cars that struggle to use the full 50Kw charging speed, particularly older cars and those with very cold or very hot batteries at low or high charge. I know the default on the chargers is to stop charging at 80%, but you can press a button on the charger to change to 100%, although some cars will cut off before then (e.g. Ioniq cuts off at 94%)

Note the fee applies from first plug in, until cable is disconnected, so the overstay fee is the same as the charging fee.
    So as such this is the first charging system with overstay fees of up to 35 cent a minute. I doubt many people will be leaving their cars overnight or all day at those rates (21 Euro an hour overstay fee)

Note there is an additional fee for starting charging, €0.24 connection for bill pay (PAYG/top up Connection fee: €1.50 )

https://m.facebook.com/EasyGo.ie/#!/story.php?story_fbid=448957892535062&id=177696959661158&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

These fees do not apply to AC slow chargers, a few of which are pay with easy go, but none are pay at lidl

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anyone know who runs these? Or how to use them?

c76219fc42eeb08492f1dba6080cad86.png

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

(sorry if repost)

New Lidl/Costa has opened now in Shankhill with a CP attached. Nice little setup. Eircode 6VMGFQ.

1atuQRZh.jpg

Anyone know who runs these? Or how to use them?
    I don't know who owns /runs them but there are 4 of them near Woodies in Cork (Opposite Musgrave Park on the Mc Donalds side) there was a guy hooked up the other day and I asked him was it charging. It wasn't, he had used his ECard card and it opened the portal but it seemed the charger didn't recognise the car or the car didn't recognise the charger .There was now name/phone number on the charger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

https://eccharging.com/

That's who supplies the chargers, but they don't seem to operate them, just supply the hardware to customers. If it was in a Lidl car park, presumably it's theirs an you can ask them how to get it going. Apparently they also supply some of the eCars chargers, among others.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I don't know who owns /runs them but there are 4 of them near Woodies in Cork (Opposite Musgrave Park on the Mc Donalds side) there was a guy hooked up the other day and I asked him was it charging. It wasn't, he had used his ECard card and it opened the portal but it seemed the charger didn't recognise the car or the car didn't recognise the charger .There was now name/phone number on the charger

Yeah, that's where I was. My card didn't seem to do anything. Might ask home store and more next time I'm in there

Yeah, that's where I was. My card didn't seem to do anything. Might ask home store and more next time I'm in there
    The guy who was charging was actually working in Woodies and they knew nothing about it so I'd be interested in the answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

haven't gone EV yet but keeping an eye on the charge spots when in Lidl. Lidl swords, at the airside roundabout on Sat around 3pm, 2 non EV cars taking the two EV spaces, while carparks half empty.

kunts always at this carry on? why the fook would you park in the EV spots if theres loads of spaces, theyre not even at the door like.

Advertisement