Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reg for Lidl chargers from 05/12/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

zg3409 wrote: »
    Lidl is currently free but you need to register from now on. They send you a fob for free but:

Welcome to EasyGo.ie.

We’ve received your request to register with us.

The EasyGo.ie Car Charging Network is a mixture of free to use, and BillPay charge points.

To use our BillPay charge points, you just need to sign up to pay your monthly fees and charges by Direct Debit. Your Direct Debit mandate can be found here at our Direct Debit Signup link - https://pay.gocardless.com/AL0001QDH42KYQ

Our Electronic Direct Debit payments are collected through GoCardless and details can be found here – https://gocardless.com/legal.

There is no cost to subscribe to the EasyGo.ie Charging Network. Fees and charges associated with using BillPay charge points are displayed on our website and include a Connection Fee in addition to a kW/hour usage charge. These fees and charges may vary across our EasyGo.ie Charging Network. If you have requested an Access Fob from us, the €5 charge for this will be added to your first invoice.

You will receive an email from us each month detailing your Billpay amount for the previous month and your payment will be processed 8 days after this email is sent to you.

Once you’ve completed your direct debit mandate with GoCardless we will finish your registration and send you an email to this address, and then you’re ready to start charging!

More information on our terms and conditions can be found here - easygo.ie/terms-conditions/, along with our Privacy Notice which explains how we use personal information - easygo.ie/privacy-notice/.

Best wishes,

Team EasyGo.ie

Different letter to the one I got about 8 days ago which contained the free fob. I have given no DD details but my wife was in Lidl this evening and used it whilst shopping. Assuming Lidl remains free I think it would be a good loss leader there doesn't seem to be any queues or hogging of the two charge points in Bishopstown I think I read that there is a 2 hour limit but being realistic I would use this whilst shopping and for nothing else. Given eCars are bringing in charge for Charging these lads cost per Kwh range I think from around 17c up to 35c but there is a usage fee as well. It might give eCars an idea of how to structure their price point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

Hi zg3409,

Your subscriber registration has been accepted.

You can now use the free to use charge points with EasyGo.ie. If you wish to use the pay for use charge points, you are required to sign up for GoCardless Direct Debit as per the initial email received.

Best wishes,

Team EasyGo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I got both emails.

Edit: and fob arrived this morning. No charge and no DD details given.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,473 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

As I said, no issue with the free fob but would not be giving these guys access to my finances by DD under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Looks like you now cannot complete registration without signing up to direct debit, as they wont send on a registration email.

Wont be signing a direct debit agreement, if they want us to pay make it contactless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Update - just got the registration email - they are pushing the direct debit but it looks like I got registered without, now to see if fob comes along, but again having multiple fobs, cards - load of B@ll@x.

I don't understand why plugshare or zap map (or other app) cant be used as a combined payment gateway for all chargers and then distribute to the supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ELM327 wrote: »
    As I said, no issue with the free fob but would not be giving these guys access to my finances by DD under any circumstances.

Is that just a general principle you have or something specific to "these guys"?
    Just wondering if they have form for taking incorrect amounts or something?

KCross wrote: »
    Is that just a general principle you have or something specific to "these guys"?
    Just wondering if they have form for taking incorrect amounts or something?

I'm led to believe these guys are linked to car charger.ie (run by gerard/gerry cash/cashman) who ripped off my friend and continued to display his photo on their website as part of a "successful customers" montage, he had to threaten legal action to get them to remove his photo, and would not be refunded.

It's specific to these guys and not a general thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I signed up for this to get access to more chargers. The website is very bad though. Takes ages to load and at times doesn't load properly at all.

Very hard to use the website on the phone too. It defaults to the Dublin region and you can 'search' for other regions. Today though it won't display the search box...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

I have a fob now and tried to charge my Zoe in LIDL in Swords but the car just wouldn't charge, maybe it's Tesla only.

Bixler3 wrote: »
    I have a fob now and tried to charge my Zoe in LIDL in Swords but the car just wouldn't charge, maybe it's Tesla only.

Teslas were removed from lidl swords and replaced with this crowd. Try again elsewhere and report the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

The app works and is required in Lidl tallaght. The fob works nowhere for me. Lidl Marley park just charges straight away.

Pot luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

AhHaor wrote: »
    The app works and is required in Lidl tallaght.

Is there an actual app or do you just mean the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

TBi wrote: »
    Is there an actual app or do you just mean the website?

Apologies. Meant website

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

My wife uses the fob all the time in Lidl in Wilton Cork I was actually on the phone to them today saying one side of the charger was out. Nice guy rang me back he says they have some issues with people putting web/damp charge leads into the units and this causes the charger to trip but they can reset remotely in most cases. Also said they are moving into the fast charger market

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Easygo supposed to be revealing the location of their first rapid charger next week according to their facebook.

Seems to be one of these going by the photo: https://www.tritium.com.au/product/productitem?url=veefil-rt-50kw-dc-fast-charger

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Easygo supposed to be revealing the location of their first rapid charger next week according to their facebook.

Seems to be one of these going by the photo: https://www.tritium.com.au/product/productitem?url=veefil-rt-50kw-dc-fast-charger

Looks like it's in Monaghan, at the four seasons hotel apparently.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Looks like it's in Monaghan, at the four seasons hotel apparently.

Deffo.
    It’s on the Facebook EV and coffee page.

475238.jpg

Image "stolen" from facebook post

The location seems to be marked on the easygo map.

https://mycarcharger.etrel.com/#/portal/locationmodal/95452

The charger seems to be CCS and Chademo only, no AC43KW for Zoe etc.

I expect it is not available yet. It is great to see competition entering the market.

Its a strange location for a fast charger at a hotel, not a petrol station with a shop, also so close to nearby esb monaghan fast charger. It is great to see it, but if it was my money I would be putting it in a very busy location like Blanchardstown or similar.

I would have preferred if they had mounted it in the middle of the car park, allowing vehicles to connect from behind the charger, meaning up to 4 vehicles could reach the cables, reducing the chance of blocking accidentally and ensuring it was kept busier.

I wonder if they will make people pay immediately at launch or wait until esb announce their pricing later this year?

• Advertisement

Update: This new fast charger is operational [edit It is still undergoing testing for the next week.] & currently free to use (from facebook).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

For anybody thinking of signing up to easy go they are still sending the fobs out for free without having to set up a direct debit. I got mine in the post friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Mupchease wrote: »
    For anybody thinking of signing up to easy go they are still sending the fobs out for free without having to set up a direct debit. I got mine in the post friday.
    whats the link pls?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Mupchease wrote: »
    whats the link pls?

Click here:
    https://mycarcharger.etrel.com/#/portal/locations

Then in top left select log in, then register. I think that's it. I did not have to give any payment information. FOB arrives a week or two later. You can also start charges by logging in, and starting the charge through the web page, but not as easy, and probably not as reliable.

So the first true public non automotive dealer non esb fast charger seems to be live in Monaghan at four season hotel. Enjoy the 50kw power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Still looks for DD info for me
    To use our BillPay charge points, you just need to sign up to pay your monthly fees and charges by Direct Debit. Your Direct Debit mandate can be found here at our Direct Debit Signup link.
    If you have requested an Access Fob from us, the €5 charge for this will be added to your first invoice.

You need to pay for this fast charger from today:

http://www.irishevowners.ie/easygo-fast-charging-network-opens-with-first-location-in-monaghan/?fbclid=IwAR0cPSFFs-RseTDKXswxXxCUjW1o40vB2gdil0SZt2JKoR7nEFIREaxkJdo

I have never given them payment details so I am not sure how I would 'pay as I go' but the website presumably will be updated later today with a pay as you go method.

They also tweeted this :
    Just a month left until we stop sending these little 'power starters' out for free.. Register as a subscriber with http://Easygo.ie now to get yours and make charging easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

zg3409 wrote: »
    You need to pay for this fast charger from today:

http://www.irishevowners.ie/easygo-fast-charging-network-opens-with-first-location-in-monaghan/?fbclid=IwAR0cPSFFs-RseTDKXswxXxCUjW1o40vB2gdil0SZt2JKoR7nEFIREaxkJdo

I have never given them payment details so I am not sure how I would 'pay as I go' but the website presumably will be updated later today with a pay as you go method.

They also tweeted this :

Instavolt in the UK use those chargers. You can just tap a debit or credit card on them and the money is taken from that when the charge is finished. The rate is displayed at the start of the process and you have to accept that before you charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Fob arrived this morning, signed nothing

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement