Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reg for Lidl chargers from 05/12/18

Options
  • 01-12-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

I follow EasyGo.ie on twitter who do the chargers for Lidl just saw this tweet from them
    From next week (5th December) all Lidl Charge Points will require registration with http://EasyGo.ie to use. If you have require help to register, let us know on 01 25 444 56 or email support@easygo.ie - Still FREE TO USE

Lidl in Bishopstown has just got a charger and I have to say I dealt with the EasyGo lads and got my FREE fob in the post yesterday so excellent service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,912 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah I got my free fob in the post a few months ago. Haven't used it yet, just keeping it in the car with the eCars card.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Lidl charger only working in Bishopstown for about a week I assumed it was Plug and play it wasnt . I then registered tried the app no joy rang then very nice guy. Issue with comms a guy had to come down to reset. I got a letter with a fob in it yesterday. We live close to Lidl popped in to do a bit of shopping plugged in car swiped the fob and off she went. Very good service from Lidl and EasyGo in fairness

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

So they be charging for charging now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Has anyone got a list of Lidl stores that have chargers? I emailed Lidl but got no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Interesting as the Tesla station in the new swords Lidl was removed last week - probably replacing it with these guys units

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Sorry...dont get it.
    Is it same network and chargers as ESB owned network...or different company adding their own chargers alongside existing ones... !?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Seems you need to sign up to a direct debit to resister with them, so not free charging!

This is actually good as hopefully means no 1 car parked in the charger spot all day!

Has anyone got a list of Lidl stores that have chargers? I emailed Lidl but got no response.

Could start one here

Finglas - no
    Glasnevin - no
    Hanlon’s corner cabra - yes x2

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Seems you need to sign up to a direct debit to resister with them, so not free charging!

This is actually good as hopefully means no 1 car parked in the charger spot all day!

Hi just to clarify I did not sign up on DD or make any payment. I rang them as I understood that this was a plug and play but it didnt charge they were very good told me to register on line which I did. Normal stuff name address, email they then sent me a letter with a fob. The website said the fob was €5 but I wasnt charged anything. They say in the letter "We will shortly be in a position to reveal details of another roll out covering 600+new EasyGo charge points "
    My charging for Lidl today was all free as Lidl is classified as Zone 0 see https://easygo.ie/ under How much does it cost to charge. For other zones there is a Connection fee around 24c and a cost per kwh ranging from 16c to 35c . This is completely seperate from eCars and I wonder are they the same guys who have about 6 charges next to Home store and more in Turners Cross chargers in Place but I think they are not quite ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Yes, I got a fob under the same conditions as discostu1. Made no upfront payment or direct debit agreement.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Could start one here

Finglas - no
    Glasnevin - no

I think Dundalk has a chademo. Why so few?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

kceire wrote: »
    Could start one here

Finglas - no
    Glasnevin - no

Citywest - yes, no idea what because I've no EV

From an email I got
    There is no cost to subscribe to the EasyGo.ie Charging Network. Fees and charges associated with using BillPay charge points are displayed on our website and include a Connection Fee in addition to a kW/hour usage charge. These fees and charges may vary across our EasyGo.ie Charging Network. If you have requested an Access Fob from us, the €5 charge for this will be added to your first invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Springwell

Del2005 wrote: »
    Citywest - yes, no idea what because I've no EV

2 x 22kw AC currently plug and play

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

Lidl Tallaght Yes
    Lidl Marley Park/Rathfarnham Yes
    Lidl Leixlip No

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah I got my free fob in the post a few months ago. Haven't used it yet, just keeping it in the car with the eCars card.

Know anything more about EasyGo, the company was only founded on 16/07/2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lidl Chargers:
    --Dublin--
    Finglas - no
    Glasnevin - no
    Citywest - yes (x2)
    Marlay Park/Rathfarnham - Yes
    Leixlip No
    --All Other Places--
    Dundalk - Yes(he thinks)

Terenure I think is a no, will confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

ED E wrote: »
    Lidl Chargers:
    --Dublin--
    Finglas - no
    Glasnevin - no
    Citywest - yes (x2)
    Leixlip No
    --All Other Places--
    *Dundalk - Yes(he thinks) *

*Drogheda Fast charger Chademo, CCS, Fast AC

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

Clonee - No
    Blakestown - No

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Trim - No

• Advertisement

Northwest
    Letterkenny no
    Buncrana no
    Donegal town no
    Ballybofey no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Munster
    Mallow - No
    Wilton - Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Are these all the "easygo" chargers?
    If so i won't be using them anyway, not signing a DD mandate with that shower

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

ELM327 wrote: »
    Are these all the "easygo" chargers?
    If so i won't be using them anyway, not signing a DD mandate with that shower

They are, but I've not supplied them with any details and won't be. They sent fob out free of charge. No complaints so far, but they don't reply to any feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

ED E wrote: »
    Lidl Chargers:
    --Dublin--
    Finglas - no
    Glasnevin - no
    Citywest - yes (x2)
    Leixlip No
    --All Other Places--
    Dundalk - Yes(he thinks)

Lidl Glenageary has two charge points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Lidl Gorey has a couple of these chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Lidl Swords has a Type 2 apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Is there an app for these chargers? The letter says that you can use your phone to activate and manage the chargers.

I'm not seeing one in the Android app store. That said, I never see the Polar Instant app for the UK chargers, my wife can on her identical phone, but it doesn't show up on a search on mine. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

Is there an app for these chargers? The letter says that you can use your phone to activate and manage the chargers.

I'm not seeing one in the Android app store. That said, I never see the Polar Instant app for the UK chargers, my wife can on her identical phone, but it doesn't show up on a search on mine. :confused:

I think its referred to as a 'Web App' which simply means go to their website Easygo.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭zg3409

Lidl is currently free but you need to register from now on. They send you a fob for free but:

Welcome to EasyGo.ie.

We’ve received your request to register with us.

The EasyGo.ie Car Charging Network is a mixture of free to use, and BillPay charge points.

To use our BillPay charge points, you just need to sign up to pay your monthly fees and charges by Direct Debit. Your Direct Debit mandate can be found here at our Direct Debit Signup link - https://pay.gocardless.com/AL0001QDH42KYQ

Our Electronic Direct Debit payments are collected through GoCardless and details can be found here – https://gocardless.com/legal.

There is no cost to subscribe to the EasyGo.ie Charging Network. Fees and charges associated with using BillPay charge points are displayed on our website and include a Connection Fee in addition to a kW/hour usage charge. These fees and charges may vary across our EasyGo.ie Charging Network. If you have requested an Access Fob from us, the €5 charge for this will be added to your first invoice.

You will receive an email from us each month detailing your Billpay amount for the previous month and your payment will be processed 8 days after this email is sent to you.

Once you’ve completed your direct debit mandate with GoCardless we will finish your registration and send you an email to this address, and then you’re ready to start charging!

More information on our terms and conditions can be found here - easygo.ie/terms-conditions/, along with our Privacy Notice which explains how we use personal information - easygo.ie/privacy-notice/.

Best wishes,

Team EasyGo.ie

Advertisement