Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lamborghinis etc in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭68deville

There was another 850 in a more sedate colour that was formerly owned by Ben Dunne.

A chip shop owner in wex town owned a green 850 , 98 D 850 was the reg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Late 80s/early 90s, the then owner of the Stillorgan Park Hotel had a red XJS V12 convertible, he used to park it in what is now called a 'Quality Bus Corridor' (ho ho!) outside the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

There was also a Mercedes 600 which was at one point owned by Paddy Gallagher, I don't think it is in Ireland any more.

Sold to a lad in England who uses it for hen parties etc !! Such a shame that one of the three 600's sold in Ireland has gone.

600-1_zpspaobwf4c.jpg

w124man wrote: »
    Sold to a lad in England who uses it for hen parties etc !! Such a shame that one of the three 600's sold in Ireland has gone.

Just shows this thread is a fount of knowledge! Were the three sold as new or second hand imports? Any idea of owners of the other two (if you're allowed say)?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Many years ago there was a light blue 365 in Templeogue Village. It was owned by Alan Baker who owned Alan's, the sweet shop / newsagent. Long gone now as it was replaced by a BMW 2002ti, which was replaced by a string of GTi Golfs. Alan himself is long gone too!!

He was my uncle and godfather. I knew he was a car and bike nut but didn't know he had a 356. He is gone about 15 years I reckon at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Remember seeing a Roll Royce Phantom VI around Dublin on a few occasions early 1990s.

There was also a Mercedes 600 which was at one point owned by Paddy Gallagher, I don't think it is in Ireland any more.

As far as I know there were two Phantom VI's sold here. One belonged to the McGraths Hospital trust, 777Z was the reg.
    The other, a silver car, belonged to Ambrose Congrieve, its reg was IKI 384.

Nichols of Lombard Street owned a Phantom V, I'm unsure of its reg.

68deville wrote: »
    An original irish porsche 911 2.4S , FZR 199 was the reg lived in New Ross
    For many years from the mid 70s, the original owner had a larger 21 gallon
    Fuel tank fitted and competed in the Targa Florio with the car, he also owned
    A Porsche 914 from new also in a mint green XMI *** was the reg

Thats very interesting about that 911.

I met that 914 on a rally in recent years in Kilkenny, XMI351 is the reg.

Used to be a Ferrari Mondial knocking around Dublin 2 area back around the early 2000s, saw it on quite a few occasions.

Also a Lotus Excel in Stillorgan circa late 1980s - a very rare car. Not a very good car, mind.

Don't think too many TVRs ever made their way to Ireland, though was certainly a Chimaera around at one point.

House near Enniskerry had a Renault Alpine early 1990s.

There was at least one Ferrari 400 imported into Ireland by a well-known businessman who is a Ferrari buff and collector - as far as I'm aware it is still in the country.

Paul Darragh the showjumper owned a Mondial ZS3030 that used to be around Dublin but I have not seen it in recent years.

2VIU is an immaculate Ferrari 400 still living in Limerick as far as I know.
    1VIU was a Silver Shadow that belonged to playwright Hugh Leonard, I often wondered if it was coincidence or were the two cars imported together.

Just shows this thread is a fount of knowledge! Were the three sold as new or second hand imports? Any idea of owners of the other two (if you're allowed say)?

There is also a fourth car that was sold new to Tommy McLoughlin, rumour has it that it is still in the country.

There is also GZU150 owned new by Tom Roche of CRH and 7379ZC that was owned by Stephen O'Flaherty of MDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

buncrana1.JPG

IMG_0133.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

• Advertisement

Kevin, your knowledge is fantastic.This information should be documented in a book and/or online, would be a pity if it were lost to the sands of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

DSC04197.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Just thinking that this thread needs more pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I seen a Maserati in Navan a few months ago. Dark colour probably black. No idea about reg or anything it was gone past before I realised what it actually was. Just found this thread this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Think the RZY louth reg M1 belonged to Phil Monaghan's family. He developed shopping centres like nutgrove and the square

Is the m1 that's in the mondello museum an Irish reg one? Or the testarossa for that matter?

He was my uncle and godfather. I knew he was a car and bike nut but didn't know he had a 356. He is gone about 15 years I reckon at this stage.

Wow its a small world! Yes he was a bike nut too and I remember he had some bikes out the back of his shop but I have no idea what they were. He had a BMW bike(s) at the same time he had the Golf GTi's if I remember correctly. I lost contact with him when he sold the shop and moved out to Blessington.

There is also a fourth car that was sold new to Tommy McLoughlin, rumour has it that it is still in the country.

There is also GZU150 owned new by Tom Roche of CRH and 7379ZC that was owned by Stephen O'Flaherty of MDL.

GZU 150 belongs to an MB Club member and the O'Flaherty car is in the MDL collection. There are supposed to be a few being restored in CarDock as we speak

There was an Irish reg Ferrari 348 in Donnybrook area around '92, I saw it a few times because I had a summer job in Donnybrook. I heard it was owned by the then French ambassador, no idea if that is reliable info or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Think the RZY louth reg M1 belonged to Phil Monaghan's family. He developed shopping centres like nutgrove and the square

Still does, owned from new
    There was at least one Ferrari 400 imported into Ireland by a well-known businessman who is a Ferrari buff and collector - as far as I'm aware it is still in the country.

Was that not for sale last year in the UK still on Irish plates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

68deville wrote: »
    A chip shop owner in wex town owned a green 850 , 98 D 850 was the reg!

It was actually an 840! Just had the 850 reg. Nearly bought it a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

600-1_zpspaobwf4c.jpg

that is pure class and as you say such a shame its gone overseas :mad:

millington wrote: »
    Still does, owned from new

Was that not for sale last year in the UK still on Irish plates?

Are we thinking of a 412?

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22718/lot/31/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Must have been it. Very easy confused considering they look identical :o

That 412 used to hang around sandyford quite a bit, often used to see it parked in the car park at fusco foods.

As far as I know there were two Phantom VI's sold here. One belonged to the McGraths Hospital trust, 777Z was the reg.
    The other, a silver car, belonged to Ambrose Congrieve, its reg was IKI 384.

Nichols of Lombard Street owned a Phantom V, I'm unsure of its reg.

I was told that one of the McGraths owned a 911 turbo from new,bronze
    In colour and that it ended up in Conlans of Rathdangan? So the story
    Went anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭goochy

Is the 412 a 89D black one ? Think dermot wallace and kenilworth has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭goochy

goochy wrote: »

Was that 412 metallic blue originally?

• Advertisement

millington wrote: »
    Must have been it. Very easy confused considering they look identical :o

It's the same car I had in mind. As far as I'm aware it was originally owned by Lochlann Quinn. I think it was still in Ireland until as recently as about 5 years ago. There is a very limited market for such a motor in Ireland so I am not surprised that it was sold into the UK market.

Advertisement